So who is after Han?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar said:
Just promise one thing, Mr. Dusty sir... if there is a SW exclusive at SDCC, please also put some up for a special "priority preorder" as well (even if its a very limited number) for those of us who are serious fans, and buy everything you guys make, but can't make it to the event. Not much to ask really.

It's okay - don't worry about the 'Mr.' thing :p I get mail addressed to Mr. Dusty all the time - makes me laugh - besides, sometimes it's good to be "one of the guys"! :banana

Last year 10% of the Comic Con exclusives were held back for 'non-attendees'. I don't see why that would change this time around, so your request has been noted :) (for more info about the exclusives from last year and how they were divvied up between attendess and non-attendees, go here: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=comiccon05_ex)

As far as WHAT it would be if there is one, I have not a clue - I'm not a Production Guy(tm) :duff

I believe it was Tom that said in a previous chat that a SW SDCC exclusive would not be a new major character but would be some kind of variant -- slightly different costume, accessory, etc.

Thanks for setting me straight Dusty - I did think it unlikely that there would be no SW exclusive.

Back to the question at Han... you know who also fits the clues? ANH Ben - sure it's just after his PF debut, but he could come with the blast shield helmet and he's a hero of the Rebellion and a Jedi.

For those who may be new to Sideshow, last year they did make about 10% of the number of Comic Con exclusive items available online for those who would not be attending. Most of them sold out immediately. But, yes, there will be at least a chance at ordering if they do this again.

What kind of thing would be considered for a con exclusive? Was it the PF Luke exclusive that came with the hat and poncho or was that for ordering on-line early?

What kind of things would be added to the 12" figures to make them a con exclusive? We're not talking about all-new characters, are we?

Last year's SDCC exclusives were a mix. There were some variations on existing releases, like "Farm Boy" Luke with the exclusive poncho and hat, or the POTA Lawgiver statue with an alternate bleeding paintjob. There were also brand new items, like the Rohirrim bust, the zombie from "The Dead" line or the Thor's Hammer and Helmet weapons set. There were also new versions of previously represented characters, like Werewolf Oz or "Ultimate" Hellboy. In the past we saw a Gollum bust and a Nazi Kroenen figure.

The majority of the exclusive items seem to be alternate versions of existing releases, or else new versions of characters that have already been made. There is only a slim chance that they will release something completely unprecedented, and that would most likely not be a Star Wars or LOTR item.

Sideshow knows better than to make a limited SDCC exclusive item out of something that is completely indispensable. Expect something "cool" and not something "essential."

I will cry if there is a SDCC exclusive and I can't order one :sick

Don't let my avatar fool you. I HATE convention exclusives... EVEN if I was going (which I'm not).

Well I hate the "exclusiveness" of the figures, not the figures themselves. I love the figures :D

OK, so back on track...

Who will be the next figure?

So far, according to this board and RS, it seems that the leading contender is MACE WINDU, or a possible LANDO CALRISSIAN.

Is that right? Is that it? One of these two guys?

:confused:

It CAN'T be Lando because Lando wore the Skiff Guard Helmet. They said this CHARACTER never wore a helmet, but could come with one. Mace still is the most logical answer.

Buttmunch said:
It CAN'T be Lando because Lando wore the Skiff Guard Helmet. They said this CHARACTER never wore a helmet, but could come with one. Mace still is the most logical answer.

I agree on Mace. Disappointed, but I agree. However, Lando could be from ESB, in which case no helmet, just a slick doo and cape.

:cool:

SideshowDusty said:
It's okay - don't worry about the 'Mr.' thing :p I get mail addressed to Mr. Dusty all the time - makes me laugh - besides, sometimes it's good to be "one of the guys"! :banana...

If Dusty was a guy, I'd change my sexual preference to males. :naughty :D

We will definitely see the armored characters (Vader, the Fetts, and troopers) and characters with unique body types (Chewy, Yoda, 3PO, most aliens and droids) in the PF long before 1/6th scale as the articulation is a lot more complicated.

So the unique characters that are left that haven't already been released in either 1/4th or 1/6th lines and aren't villains are the most likely canidates.

Mace, Lando, Qui-Gon, a non slave girl or white gown version of Leia (Bespin, Endor maybe Hoth), Amidala, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura. I'm sure after a couple of those we'll see another Luke prolly Bespin and then ANH Ben or Han. [A Bespin Luke would be released under the Heroes of the Rebellion title as he doesn't really become a Jedi in my mind until after he faces Vader right?]

When the non-armored villains finally come into the mix my bet's on ROTS Emperor in red robe or at least not the black ROTJ one, Maul, Greedo and Dooku as least likely.

Same with LOTR. Gandalf, Legolas, Faramir, Boromir seem most likely as they don't have armor or odd body types. The villain thing prolly doesn't apply so they may throw in a Saruman somewhere.

But it's thrown wide open when they start releasing the helemeted/armored characters.

Entropy Chicken said:
We will definitely see the armored characters (Vader, the Fetts, and troopers) and characters with unique body types (Chewy, Yoda, 3PO, most aliens and droids) in the PF long before 1/6th scale as the articulation is a lot more complicated.

So the unique characters that are left that haven't already been released in either 1/4th or 1/6th lines and aren't villains are the most likely canidates.

Mace, Lando, Qui-Gon, a non slave girl or white gown version of Leia (Bespin, Endor maybe Hoth), Amidala, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura. I'm sure after a couple of those we'll see another Luke prolly Bespin and then ANH Ben or Han. [A Bespin Luke would be released under the Heroes of the Rebellion title as he doesn't really become a Jedi in my mind until after he faces Vader right?]

When the non-armored villains finally come into the mix my bet's on ROTS Emperor in red robe or at least not the black ROTJ one, Maul, Greedo and Dooku as least likely.

Same with LOTR. Gandalf, Legolas, Faramir, Boromir seem most likely as they don't have armor or odd body types. The villain thing prolly doesn't apply so they may throw in a Saruman somewhere.

But it's thrown wide open when they start releasing the helemeted/armored characters.

Amidala is a good candidate for a "non-helmeted and one could argue maybe military" figure. But if they do a female body next, my guess, along with everyone else, is Bespin Leia. No doubt she'll be the first female fig.

Villains (my favorite category -- can't wait): For Sith: ROTJ Emperor first, then Maul; by then it should be SDCC time and I'm bettin' on Vader. For Scum: Boba (just has to be), then either Bib Fortuna or maybe a Greedo (depending on if we have a 1/6th ANH Han by then or not).

As you mention LOTR, I'd love to see a Gothmog but I know he's unlikely, at least for a long time (just completing the Fellowship will take 2 years at their planned pace). But you need someone to fight, right?

Here's something to talk about:

Next fig: MACE
First Female: LEIA BESPIN
First Sith: ROTJ EMPEROR
First Scum: BOBA FETT
First Military: classic STORMTROOPER

I'm sure it's not possible but I would love a Mace Windu with a voice chip that says: YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!

Wrong movie and all that but it would be SOOOOOO cool. In fact, if I knew how to do a custom where all I'm doing is adding a high quality voice chip, I would so do it.

I believe the priority preorder system was kinda introduced at last year's SDCC -- and being from Europe, I was very thankful for the opportunity to get the items I wanted, but could never have otherwise. Plus, it was neat that the preorders were over a month in advance.

But SDCC is still a long way away. In the meantime, I'm spending time being so obsessed with getting Han that my brain simply isn't able to think about who's coming after him anymore.

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

What the heck, I'll guess Bespin Lando. The exclusive will be a battle damaged Stormtrooper helmet.

This joke has probably been done to death but Lando's exclusive could be a can of smooth, cold Colt .45! :D

Really based on the hints we've seen I think it's Mace. I don't recall Land having a helmet at all and that seemed like a big hint. Maybe I'm just sick but I think a Mace figure with Jango head would be sweet.:banana

Lando did have a skiff guard helmet in ROTJ....they could easily create the figure not being able to wear it or maybe a interchangeable head with it on like the Iron Man comicquette? I'd actually prefer Mace Windu though. A severed Jango head would be the best accessory so far.

mace021006windu_01copie.jpg

Back