URGENT - any body who has an issue with IDM Customs please read

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gameangi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello fellow freaks,

I'm posting this not to bash any one or start an issues but i hate being played and i don't want anyone to get in the same situation as well, so please read this very carefully i have hesitated to post this here an i tried as much as i can to keep this between me and IDM but being ignored for this long has made me fed up so thats why I'm posting this here.

I order the "Painted Tough Guy Head Sculpt" Punisher painted head sculpt form IDM Customs on Oct 17, 2014 i paid $136.00 USD including shipping.

He replied to me on the same day with this email
"Ok, thank you for letting me know. I will make the head fot a HT TTM19 body. The hole size is the same for both so it should not be a problem.

With casting, cleaning and painting the head, it will take about 3 weeks to finish.

Please give me your preferred shipping address." so i replied with the shipping details to him the next day
then on November 4th 2014 i sent him an email asking on the progress and the expected shipping date

he replied back on November 15th 2014 with this email

"Sorry for the late reply. I have been out of town due to work and just returned home.

The sculpt is almost done. I finished the cast and cleaned it up and will get it ready for painting - about 1 week more. I hope to finish him and ship out to you right after the Thanksgiving holiday. Sorry for the wait.

John"

so again on the 24th on November 2014 i sent an email asking on updates

i got a reply on December 5th 2014 with this email

"I'll get you some photos soon. Holidays slowed it down a little.

I will finish soon and get you some pictures for shipping.

John"

and again nothing at all till January 14th 2015 he replayed to me with this email

"Sorry for the late reply my friend. I have been traveling in Mississippi for a work project and I will be back home on Monday. He is 90% done and only need to clean up and paint the hair left. So sorry for the long wait on this project, but my work recently make me travel a lot after I return from being out for so long. I will finish it up in the following week when I return home. I apologize for the long wait on this project.

John"

and since that day i have been emailing him with no reply so i requested a refund and nothing so far i'm honestly sick and tired of this back and forth i have tried posting on his Facebook page and messenger but nothing so i decided to post this issue here to let every one know and be careful in dealing with IDM Customs.

so i gave the guy all the time in the world to diluter but nothing, i understand that it takes time but not this long so if anyone els has the same or similar issues please come forward with this lets not make it a habit of being ripped off by known customisers on this form this is becoming a pattern we need to stop this from happening again to any one no matter how small the amount is it's just no right at all.

thanks for reading.

I strongly doubt that he's ripping you off for just $136.

I'm pretty sure that he's dealing with some personal issues.

I strongly doubt that he's ripping you off for just $136.

I'm pretty sure that he's dealing with some personal issues.

While everyone has personal issues that pop up from time to time, way too many customizers seem to have them every other day and people have to harass them for months and months to get any resolution. They simply shouldn't take more work than they can handle and at the first sign of a delay they should offer refunds. Instead they give excuse after excuse and delay after delay because they have already spent the money and can't or won't complete the project. This post isn't about one specific issue, but a general statement since there are threads clike this on almost every collectibles board about multiple customizers. Yes, there are some great ones out there who are stand up people, but WAY too many issues like this keep popping up.

I've dealt with IDM within the last year and not only did he deliver, he gave me an extra awesome accessory. I understand your frustration, but hang in there.

I have heard recently from someone who used to have a pretty tight relationship with IDM that they were no longer responding to his PMs. And if someone gives you the runaround for that long, I think they lose the benefit of the doubt even if they have had a good reputation in the past. I would file a Paypal dispute at this point if I were you.

I've dealt with IDM within the last year and not only did he deliver, he gave me an extra awesome accessory. I understand your frustration, but hang in there.

I tried to, but have yet to receive my BTTF boots, board and decals.
I must admit that I have never send the whole money as I werent able to trust him enough. Whenever IDM will hopefully return and clear everythingup, I would love to finish that transaction. Otherwise the money is gone for good. Same for the money that went into MRM. :dunno

I have heard recently from someone who used to have a pretty tight relationship with IDM that they were no longer responding to his PMs. And if someone gives you the runaround for that long, I think they lose the benefit of the doubt even if they have had a good reputation in the past. I would file a Paypal dispute at this point if I were you.

Uh yeah... That's me. And I can tell ya... from what's he has told me personally he's a errand boy for his job now. He went from cubicle hell (probably) to check my **** in this country and get me a mocha from starbucks. And honestly I mean no disrespect, but this is a stereotype for most people in the cubicle life...

I mean with real personal issues I know he has a wife (Her name is Jen) and I believe she does half of IDM with him I think. However... when you look on facebook his significant other isn't well in any pictures with him. Which btw like my fiancée she doesn't do facebook which I do for customers. However getting her contact info is shady as hell... I mean I have everything from his email to his apartment #. I keep files on my transactions (bad sculptor and 2000 usd deal..) Though I will tell ya on his FB he's taking new friends and such since Dec 2014 past XMAS. So he's online... though idk his motives...

And what KitFisto said is correct... Most people take on projects for people without realistic expectations... AND.... I will for one won't hide my own... I still owe to send back Fierfox's Neytiri Avatar after failed attempts on paint apps... AND... personal problems. And I will for one will admit that the reason I haven't is I'm unemployed atm, I had to close my bank accounts today and... looking for a job in a economy that fits my disability... that I occurred in 2009. So I'm basically doing commission work to send back his figure... Which is all I can do until supplemental income replaces that of which I lost... And it'll be a year next month since I took that job... which btw I took no monetary for it... I offered my services free to see if I could accomplish the impossible... Even Rahmier and SilentSurfer who I consulted said it was a daring task to do... Most paint work is trial and error... which for me in a year WAS... cause it was 3D prototype that required tiny detail... Ntm the printing caused dust come out of the joints A LOT... which if I was to go through TSA with it I'd be butt searched! :lol But in all seriousness... that's why I try to keep in contact and or figure out how I can do what needs to be done...

Hi guys, I just got wind of this thread from some fellow collectors.

It is true I have been working and traveling alot due to my work schedule. I travel around the country doing repairs on equipment. I haven't logged on the SSF Forums for well over 4 months and I have not taken on any new commissions since October and I don't have any outstanding commission work. All my own work is on hold for these very reasons.

Gameangi - I apologize for the delay but in our last conversation you said to just take your time. The head was casted, drilled, cleaned and primed, but I just have not painted it yet. At this point I will just send you the full refund by Paypal so check it in a bit after you read this.

RavenEye - I have not heard from you in a long while and you have not addressed the issue of the $300 I sent you to do the Marston mold on the belts and holster and received no word on when your work was going to be completed. I have not checked my emails for a while because I didn't think you would respond about my payment or finish the work you were going to do.

KingGraySkull - You've had more than ample time to get your payments in. The deposits put down on that project was paid directly to my caster and it only amounted to a third of the payment. I ended up paying the entire bill with my last two paychecks because guys like you didn't pay for their customs when it's ready and the final payment was due. The BTTF thread was ongoing for more than 3 months after everyone's items were shipped out. You could have simply paid in that duration.

One of the many reasons why I don't do commission customs any more is for the very same reason. Many guys will say "yeah do it John, I want one". Jen and I spend our weekends and any free time we have working on them. We pay for everything up front including fabric, buying resins and silicone in bulk to cut the costs down, paying sculptors to do some of the things we couldn't fabricate, etc. When it comes time to put payments down or moving forward with the balance, everyone drops out, doesn't pay, or finds a way to blame and says it's our fault. I've been burned enough times with taking on projects with deposits and people backing out after the whole thing is done then wanting their commission back. I'm sorry, but I used that deposit to buy materials, pay for 3D prints, make molds, buy supplies and fabric, etc. and then spent another few months finishing the figures so the cost can drop to a good pricepoint for everyone. Everyone who has ordered and paid from me got what they want. If I'm missing anything from anyone, feel free to PM me and I'll make it right.

Good to see you on here John, any updates on the project you were doing for me would be great too. I nearly forgot about it.

Thanks of the refund finally,

Now you say that i told you to take your time, yes i did but i also send you lots of emails asking for updates and finally a refund.
I have sent you emails and PM's on Facebook messenger and posted on your Facebook page and i kept getting ignored form you. i have dealt with a lot of collectors and customisers on SSF, Facebook, eBay and allover the collector community from around the wold, and they know i'm a fare guy i give you your time i understand the delay as i'm a customiser my self but that dose not excuse ignoring you're paying costumer if you have issues let me know we can find a solution you could have send me the unpainted head and refunded the paining cost if in fact as you say it was ready. any way i event told you in my last email that i will post a thread here and that email was sent to you on February 26 2015, yet nothing from you till i made this issue public.
I'm not bashing you or trying to harm your buissness in any way but,it's my right to speak up and not let anyone take me for a ride and I will let other people know to prevent others from being in the same situation I was in.

RavenEye - I have not heard from you in a long while and you have not addressed the issue of the $300 I sent you to do the Marston mold on the belts and holster and received no word on when your work was going to be completed. I have not checked my emails for a while because I didn't think you would respond about my payment or finish the work you were going to do.

Funny...

1.jpg

The $331 which you sent was in fact paid for the templates but as I stated the prints broke and I was looking into new ones as well fixing the size issue... It's very hard to make 1/6 scale stamp from resizing imaging as well working with a 3rd party who actually makes the stamps. Honestly it's a trial and error...

Ntm I did 17 holsters for your Uncharted project without compensation which as we discussed originally was the buckle and phurba dagger only I needed. So I decided since you went MIA and I had almost 4 people ask where you were... the $331 was compensation enough since $331/17 = 19.47 a piece for each holster which at the time was what I was charging.

And I for one have been doing the work without payment for the Marston project since the $300 because if I going to throw that amount of money from my wallet when it's needs to be exact and correctly done... Which I stated I would pay out of my pocket to fix them... No 2nd, 3rd or 4th prints otherwise $1g just made me poorer and the maker richer. And of course... since I'm a damn perfectionist... I don't give out shabby **** in my name since I'm not Stevo's Toys. (No offence.)

hey then wear is my ash cloth and waking dead cloth answer me idm

i send mail and facebook too check that!!

Back