Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I look at this and the more I look at my SE on my shelf the less I want to pick this up. Snake isn't an improvement over what I already have so really all I'm looking at is Timber, which Im not loving the design of.

May just have to pass and pick up Timber from TA. But they're probably gonna sell it at $75 or something ridiculous.

Hmmmm......

From SSC on Facebook about the baggy sweater:

I thought this had a zipper in front, should make removing the sweater easy.
:dunno

They should just make it slimmer and non-removable then. I'm sure if the fans really wanted to put a slim black shirt on him then they would!

They should just make it slimmer and non-removable then. I'm sure if the fans really wanted to put a slim black shirt on him then they would!

I think it's much more of an issue because the heads are a little too small. If the heads were just a smidge bigger the sweater wouldn't make him look so fat.

Yeah, thinking about Destro is quite worry-some

Sideshow is NOT Hot Toys and they are really pushing it with the pricing for these,especially when they are just doing what Hasbro does-
"Franken-parts-Joe"

I mean,how many times are they going to keep re-using the gloves for every Joe? how about some bare hands?

SE steals Hawk/Stalkers assault rifle,then borrows Duke's Grenade launcher piece/shells.Then he steals Firefly's gun,and storm Shadow's Sword..among using the same handgun and grenades used over and over...

of course the claim will be that Timber's articulation tooling is expensive, just like Mattel's Toyguru who uses this as his excuse to charge more.

The reuse makes sense though. As a team, the GI Joes would have similar, if not the same gear as their teammates. Same with the gloves. From a realisitc standpoint, they should have similar gear, hense reuses. Its nothing new. Hasbro has reused parts for years and yet people still love the figures. Its just a matter of reusing parts smartly and not just because they have done the part already.

Wait...where'd this come from!?!?!?!

CC dio

Its amazing how the tone of thread can swing so far in less that a week! Page 1 is nothing but praise and people getting ready to ditch their V1 figures before hes not worth anything anymore. Then Pics are released today and suddently the V1 is the most awesome Snake Eyes figure again :lol

I figured this was going to be $200 when they threw in Timber. Snakes is easily around $150 alone, perhaps Zartan price. Timber just had to put him up to $200, especially being articulated. Yeah he may be like an action figure dog, but they are making SEVERAL THOUSAND less of him than one at Toysrus, hense the difference in prices of those.

I am disapointed the Timber head was the exclusive, especially after hearing early in the week that Timber and Snakes were both coming with 2 heads. I figured that meant the regular, not exclusive. I was thinking the EX was going to be an unmasked or at least battle damaged mask Snake Eyes after SilentSurfer's "heads up" on the EX. :(

:goodpost:

Half you guys who are complaining about it are still going to buy it, but you just like to kick up dust. lol It's just the nature of the purchase cycle for some.

Let me define the cycle...

1. Initial news: :panic:
2. Pre-production photos: :mad: / :(
3. Order placement: :monkey1
4. Shipping Notification: :yess:
5. Arrival of doll: :clap

(repeat process for next purchase)

26249d1331663291-12-snake-eyes-timber-revealed-1newsnakeyes19.jpg

It looks alright without the sweater. I wish they had a pic like this with other sculpt.

Pics weren't what I expected, hopefully he'll look better in person. On first glance, goggled head looks small, the neck too long, skinny upper torso, and Timber.. oh man.. at least the Black Dragon ninja didn't disappoint.

That's how I feel. I think I'll film a video of blowing up my polystone Rogue-eyed Timber for S&G. And 2 hundee? This guy costs more than Thor, Odin, Cap, and Spider-Man. Weird.

English please. :lecture:lecture :exactly:

I figured this was going to be $200 when they threw in Timber. Snakes is easily around $150 alone, perhaps Zartan price. Timber just had to put him up to $200, especially being articulated. Yeah he may be like an action figure dog, but they are making SEVERAL THOUSAND less of him than one at Toysrus, hense the difference in prices of those.

I am disapointed the Timber head was the exclusive, especially after hearing early in the week that Timber and Snakes were both coming with 2 heads. I figured that meant the regular, not exclusive. I was thinking the EX was going to be an unmasked or at least battle damaged mask Snake Eyes after SilentSurfer's "heads up" on the EX. :(

It's about the quality of the piece. Low ES or not, if Sideshow expects to charge high end prices for a wolf accessory, it better look the cost. This is on par with Indy in German disguise as being considerably overpriced for the amount of quality that SSC is offering here (and look what happened there.... an SDCC Ex that sold so poorly it was offered to retailers where it still sits). Add in the fact that most aspects of Snake Eyes are general reuse, and the price should be even lower.

Half you guys who are complaining about it are still going to buy it, but you just like to kick up dust. lol It's just the nature of the purchase cycle for some.

Let me define the cycle...

1. Initial news: :panic:
2. Pre-production photos: :mad:
3. Order placement: :monkey1
4. Shipping Notification: :yess:
5. Arrival of doll: :clap

(repeat process for next purchase)

When it comes to SSC Joes here, you're a newb, so I'll cut you some slack and kindly defer you to the original Snake Eyes thread so you understand what you'll be getting into with this figure and how the "cycle" actually works. :wink1:

$200 is steep. If Timber is their selling point then SS really needs to figure something out before this line dies. I've seen better setup on V1 Snake Eyes with a bit of customization, not even modding. Hell, the Ninja re-colors are more bad ass compared to this release.

I really like the visor head, and the first pic here looks great. A definitely improvement over V1. But I'm not feeling Timber, either, and the jacket + commando look doesn't do much for me. At $200. . .forget it. I'll probably try to get a visor head separately.

I've been collecting 1/6th scale now for the past several months...newb to this scale basically, and especially to SSC GI Joe line...but I did just pick up Duke for $95 bucks shipped and I'll definitely be gettin this Snake Eyes...

I just don't get all the hate he's getting, IMHO its a great figure with tons of accessories, multiple display options, two heads, his wolf...with two portraits...WIN in my book...:hi5:

I wasn't expecting the $200 price point though...I was thinkin he'd come in more like 175....oh well.

I've been collecting 1/6th scale now for the past several months...newb to this scale basically, and especially to SSC GI Joe line...but I did just pick up Duke for $95 bucks shipped and I'll definitely be gettin this Snake Eyes...

I just don't get all the hate he's getting, IMHO its a great figure with tons of accessories, multiple display options, two heads, his wolf...with two portraits...WIN in my book...:hi5:

I wasn't expecting the $200 price point though...I was thinkin he'd come in more like 175....oh well.

That's the biggest problem for what you are getting.

That's a big part of the issue in my opinion. Sideshow is charging HT prices, and frankly, they're not giving us an HT-level product. Sure, he's got lots of accessories, but not enough to warrant that price increase by a long shot IMO. I thought Zartan was pushing the hell out of the boundaries of how much I would pay for a Sideshow Joe, and this blows right past those.

V1 Snake Eyes was $120 3 years ago. This is a 65% increase. For what? A muscle body, a dog, and an extra head?

And to add a further nit pick, you'd think after the initial firestorm over the visor placement on the original SE that SSC would have at least fixed that on the new version, but it looks exactly the same.

If you're comfortable paying $200 for a figure that's mostly recycled parts and a poseable Barbie wolf, more power to ya. At one point, lots, if not most of us felt the same (at lower price points, of course), but there's a reason for the complaining, and it's more than justified.

And to add a further nit pick, you'd think after the initial firestorm over the visor placement on the original SE that SSC would have at least fixed that on the new version, but it looks exactly the same.

Yeah, and the visored head doesn't look half bad. It's just that it seems out of place on the body. As someone pointed out, it's more like 1/7 scale. :gah: Snake Eyes beetlejuice.

Just had a chance to check out the official pics. Very underwhelming. :(
Can someone breathe some life into Sideshows creative team please!

Back