Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with the general sentiment, overpriced for what you get.

I knew this would be 200$, simply not goign to buy it. There is basically nothing new besides the new head and poseable Timber and to honest I prefer the waypoint version

Besides the desert rehashes this will be the first figure I pass on, very dissappointed SS.

When it comes to SSC Joes here, you're a newb, so I'll cut you some slack and kindly defer you to the original Snake Eyes thread so you understand what you'll be getting into with this figure and how the "cycle" actually works. :wink1:

Oh would please you cut me some slack I beg of you? Because your word around here carries so much weight due to your high post count. :lol

That's a big part of the issue in my opinion. Sideshow is charging HT prices, and frankly, they're not giving us an HT-level product. Sure, he's got lots of accessories, but not enough to warrant that price increase by a long shot IMO. I thought Zartan was pushing the hell out of the boundaries of how much I would pay for a Sideshow Joe, and this blows right past those.

V1 Snake Eyes was $120 3 years ago. This is a 65% increase. For what? A muscle body, a dog, and an extra head?

:exactly::lecture

Just had a chance to check out the official pics. Very underwhelming. :(
Can someone breathe some life into Sideshows creative team please!

And reality into their business office. Not all collectors are millionaires...or willing to give up eating and contributing to their 401Ks just so they can have an overpriced figure.

I think they tried to make a great 2 in 1 figure and the Commando version came out a little behind which is unfortunate since it was the rendition most people were excited about.

The jacket is puffy because instead of a commando sweater they put this sleek, but still somewhat thick, shirt underneath so people could remove the outer layer and have a nice visored 1985 version. The byproduct at that scale was inevitable puffiness when equipped with both layers.

I bet the jacket will look a lot better if you remove his long sleeve shirt underneath.

26249d1331663291-12-snake-eyes-timber-revealed-1newsnakeyes19.jpg

PS. This is why SSC "improved" their flex pay. Its just another means of boosting their figure prices. Get a bunch of idiots to pay $50 a month for 4 months and suddenly its not really a $200 toy.

I think they tried to make a great 2 in 1 figure and the Commando version came out a little behind which is unfortunate since it was the rendition most people were excited about.

The jacket is puffy because instead of a commando sweater they put this sleek, but still somewhat thick, shirt underneath so people could remove the outer layer and have a nice visored 1985 version. The byproduct at that scale was inevitable puffiness when equipped with both layers.

I bet the jacket will look a lot better if you remove his long sleeve shirt underneath.

26249d1331663291-12-snake-eyes-timber-revealed-1newsnakeyes19.jpg

The giraffe neck, the tacticle turtleneck, which they obviously knew they compromised on due to the body, the entire commando head, bad ratio, small goggles, alot of people upset about Timber, but I like the idea of the articulated wolf. I think the overall package as a whole is bombing, then people see the price and its the final straw. I doubt there'd be as many complainers at a lower price point and probably less at this price point if the figure didn't look so much like a bad kit bash. I am not even trying to be crappy about it, but that Commando head looks like it has no business being on that body, this is classic Snake Eyes, not Beetlejuice.

I'm sure the commando head with just the shirt above will look more than fine. 1982 Snakes didn't have a zipper anyway. Consider the jacket a bonus extra for fans of Devil's Due or what have you.

Yup.

Don't like it. And by IT I mean the $200 price tag. NO EFFIN FIGURE IS WORTH $200 retail!

He's a masked figure so the risk of screwing up the face and paint apps is almost non existent....and this cant all be complicated sewing work.

Time to start looking for a hobby with more bang for the buck.

90/10% Not buying.

So just because its the best ever means the thing could be priced at $1000 and it would be justified?

Cool, just saved $200. Anyone have a black commando sweater for sale so I can just modify my original...

:clap

If 200 is too much for you its too much. That's for you to decide.

Still the best 12 inch Snake Eyes ever made, IMO, and yes significantly moreso than SSC's first attempt.

This is basically the same as the first figure with just a few new upgrades. Call it Snake-Eyes 2.0. They're taking after Hot Toys now and trying to charge almost as much.

Back