Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's about the quality of the piece. Low ES or not, if Sideshow expects to charge high end prices for a wolf accessory, it better look the cost. This is on par with Indy in German disguise as being considerably overpriced for the amount of quality that SSC is offering here (and look what happened there.... an SDCC Ex that sold so poorly it was offered to retailers where it still sits). Add in the fact that most aspects of Snake Eyes are general reuse, and the price should be even lower.

:exactly::lecture:lecture:lecture

If 200 is too much for you its too much. That's for you to decide.

Still the best 12 inch Snake Eyes ever made, IMO, and yes significantly moreso than SSC's first attempt.

Like you said, its your opinion. But I personally dont think this one is that much of an improvement. I just feel that SS gets away with putting lackluster figures, knowing that some people will buy it just because its a specific character.

I'm out...
kramerisoutgif.gif

Last edited:
Like you said, its your opinion. But I personally dont think this one is that much of an improvement.

That's why I said the $200 is for you to decide. We all throw $200 on useless stuff pretty regularly but perceived value goes a long way.

Another comparison shot. I think the new body, shirt and visor are HUGE improvements, and an accurately scaled Timber is just icing on the cake. :clap

01.jpg
IMG

If 200 is too much for you its too much. That's for you to decide.

Still the best 12 inch Snake Eyes ever made, IMO, and yes significantly moreso than SSC's first attempt.

01.jpg

IMG
I think you make a good point. Despite the fact that this new release is less than many of us were hoping for, I really do like the new visor head a lot more, as your pics here show the clear differences. And my V1 Snakes had that wacky traps problem, as well as a weird bunching of cloth on the mask that required me to unglue it. At least Sideshow is giving us another option for that look to compensate from the flaws in the first release.

Having said that, it's still no $200 figure in my book. I'm willing to pay for quality when it is warranted, but I just don't see how this is worth that much. If this is the status quo from here on, Zartan could well be my last GI Joe figure. . .Destro and helmeted Cobra Commander be damned. If I'm gonna spend that much, I would rather it go toward a Hot Toys DX figure, or to spend twice that amount on a Rainman figure.

That's why I said the $200 is for you to decide. We all throw $200 on useless stuff pretty regularly but perceived value goes a long way.

Another comparison shot. I think the new body, shirt and visor are HUGE improvements, and an accurately scaled Timber is just icing on the cake. :clap

01.jpg
IMG

Next time you want to throw away 200.00, throw it my way. :wink1:

But the update is just an extra they were throwing in. The ostensible real attraction of this figure is the Commando look. Not that I think they made all the right decisions there (just based on the consensus view in this thread), but it seems like it wasn't primarily meant to be an update so much as an alternate look for this character. Considering that, I think the updates that were made to V1 are pretty decent. . .just not $200 decent :lol

So I bet Destro will be 199.99 because Destro gets the New beefier body....

He'll also get
Zartan's gun blaster
Firefly's bomb case (for money storage)
Cobra Trooper's Rifle
Viper's hand grenades

So I bet Destro will be 199.99 because Destro gets the New beefier body....

He'll also get
Zartan's gun blaster
Firefly's bomb case (for money storage)
Cobra Trooper's Rifle
Viper's hand grenades

Crimson Guard's boots
Viper's pants
Zartan's gloves
etc. :lol

WHen you compare the 2 versions, 2012 is a drastic improvement, but I spent lot of money on V1 so dropping another 250$, just burns my ass, as this should have been the version the released to begin with

Speaking of bashing and up-charging, I would be highly impressed if they threw in a BLACK colored Arashikage outfit. That package would be worth $200.

Back