Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me about it and it is tough to get a good pic too. I was able to get two pics for you before my camera battery died, but they are not the greatest. Hope they help though. If they are not useable then I will try to take better pics tomorrow again after work.

If you are facing the maquette, the piece location will be on the left side inside the blue body section on the midsection or stomach area.

That will be a tough piece to put back in there. Again, let me know if you need better pics and I will try my best to get you some. :)

Thank you very much! If you get a chance, maybe a couple more shots of the attachment points - maybe one shot from the side looking in behind that panel too? I think it may be easier to reattach it when he is disassembled - I took his torso off the legs and it provided a little bit better access. Really appreciate the help!

Thank you very much! If you get a chance, maybe a couple more shots of the attachment points - maybe one shot from the side looking in behind that panel too? I think it may be easier to reattach it when he is disassembled - I took his torso off the legs and it provided a little bit better access. Really appreciate the help!

That's no problem and I will get some better pics to you tomorrow morning.

I hope these pics will help you in putting that piece back in place and let me know the result when you get time. :)

OptimusPrime3.jpg

OptimusPrime4.jpg

OptimusPrime5.jpg

OptimusPrime6.jpg

I hope these pics will help you in putting that piece back in place and let me know the result when you get time. :)

Thank you again very much. I'm not going to tackle the job for a little while, but this does help a bunch. I think if I can just put a dab of glue on the end closest to the bottom, that will hold it in place without trying to glue both ends. I can't really tell which end SS glued, but nothing looks broken so it will be as good as when SS shipped it once done.

:hi5:

Thank you again very much. I'm not going to tackle the job for a little while, but this does help a bunch. I think if I can just put a dab of glue on the end closest to the bottom, that will hold it in place without trying to glue both ends. I can't really tell which end SS glued, but nothing looks broken so it will be as good as when SS shipped it once done.

:hi5:

Sounds good and glad the pics are going to work out in getting this done. I think it is only glued on one end also and that should hold it there pretty good.

guys, are there fake sideshow prime maquette exclusive that you know of?

my friend just bought and got this a few weeks back here in the philippines:

https://www.ebay.ph/itm/270918866638#ht_6994wt_1139

then i came across this listing which ended yesterday:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...K:MEWAX:IT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1413

both are 114/150...so what do you think? fake?

There arent any fakes i am aware of for this statue. If your friend confirmed he has the 114 and not a typo, ask him to forward the USA listing to the hong kong seller and ask, see what the seller says. Buyer has a lot of power on ebay over sellers.

The USA one looks pretty legit, he showed photo of the actual statue in house & the base.

There arent any fakes i am aware of for this statue. If your friend confirmed he has the 114 and not a typo, ask him to forward the USA listing to the hong kong seller and ask, see what the seller says. Buyer has a lot of power on ebay over sellers.

The USA one looks pretty legit, he showed photo of the actual statue in house & the base.

The Philippines one has plenty of nice pictures also.

However, the Philippines one does not have the brown box, which would say 'exclusive' on it.

What's the bottom of the base look like, of the Philippines one?

The only difference between these two is the brown box, the blades and the bottom of the base, as the styrofoam packing is the same for both.

no typo.

yup my friend didn't have the brown box which shows the edition number or exclusive. it just came from hongkong with an ordinary brown box plus the colored box.

could they have made the swords and reprinted the bottom of the base to make it exclusive?

so here's my friend's edition number under the base:

2011-10-31175125.jpg

checkout how the #4 was written, both are different

Last edited:
seller's reply:

Further to the several e-mails (including to me and complain to e-bay) in these few days regarding the e-bay auction of the exclusion edition ofoptimus prime. I am really surprising to hear that there are the same product in E-bay with mine.
I wish to note that: (1) I have never re-written the number on the statue (what you see is what I bought). (2) I have no reason to change that exclusive number. And also the top right side of the statue base which printed the words "exclusive" is the truth and I cannot forged that words. Selling forged product is a serious charge and feeling unhappy to me. I think I cannot counted as a huge fans or collector of sideshow statue, however I has started to collect sideshow statue for 5 years long and I have more than 30nos. of sideshow and Cinemaquette.
I am quite sure that my statue is the truth product which based on the quality of paint job and handcrafted detail as what you see. I think you can see that and understand that.
Things happened and I don't wanna to make anyone unhappy in this issue. I has considered your counter offer to refund USD500-600. Please let me know you happy for this offer or not.

so what do you guys think? should he take the offer?

Since SIDEHSOW can't even spell their name right on the base of a statue is it so absurd they could number a piece twice?

message from the USA seller:

"Wow that is really hard to tell its a fake. The only way I know its a fake is because I know i have 114. Unless there was a mistake at Sideshow I dont see how there could be 2.

I'm going to contact Sideshow to see if there is anything they can do to confirm mine as the original. I'm VERY annoyed that there is another one out there with the same edition number"

i guess we'll just have to wait for sideshow's response on this matter.

Wow, recasted? Seems it is difficult to recast. And why the US sure his case is original?

Wow, recasted? Seems it is difficult to recast. And why the US sure his case is original?

because i think he said he bought it from sideshow. At this point both sellers sound pretty legit, although the HK seller willing to offer a $500-600 discount seems fishy, if it's a legit statue most sellers wouldnt do that...unless your friend really overpaid for his. EX goes for around $2400 in US.

A recast is really unlikely due to how difficult it is to make this, and the fact there isnt anyone else selling this. Usually you will have people from china (not hong kong) selling this already if it's a recast.

Other explanation is one of the statue was from a replacement stock and sideshow screw it up, that's the only thing i can think of other than a fake. It's very UNLIKELY they will mess up the edition number on the new products, but when you ask for a replacement, sideshow takes it from a separate stock, and maybe they took a wrong base....

The mystery deepens..

Back