Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if there is anyone who can make repro/3rd party swords for the reg?

I would love it if they did! I wanted the ex but was too late. Anyone with the ex that wants to sell one of their swords let me know! I really like the idea of a gun in one hand and a sword in the other.

Now hurry up Sideshow and send it to me already!

Got it today and i couldn't believe me eyes when i saw how HUUUUUUUGE the box was.

Is it worth 1200$?For those who have owned such big statues before,probably not but I have never owned anything bigger than Premium Formats so this towers above anything i own so i definitely feel like this statue is worth 800-1000$.The paintjob is really good for a Sideshow product allthough the head could be better.

Only downside with this is the lack of accuracy to the head and other things like he Head and ears is supposed to have the alien symbols,chrome to the parts that is supposed to have it,better pin stripes to the flames,it's there but barely noticable unless you look really close.I might paint more noticable pin stripes like it's supposed to have later.

And the one thing that seems to bother most people about the waist and thin legs,TRUST ME!In hand the legs doesn't look small at all,the proportions are perfect!

No regrets here,it's a good presention of Prime and it's HUGE!!!

I got EX.105/150 ,so i was one of the lucky ones:D

Coming,probably tomorrow as this beauty needs to be photographed in daylight.

So these would have to do for now:)

I'm kind of sad right now :(

not sure what to do.....my base is making noise inside when I shake it. Is this normal? Can you check yours too? something is loose inside. :(

Mine is making that noise too,it's weird if it's supposed to be like that but then again what inside it can break?

If Sideshow does not make any more pieces due to its complexity, I think it would be awesome if there were legendary scaled busts in this license. That way they can focus on the extra detail to the head.

ok i noticed something on mine:(

Check the tip of the right Plasma Rifle,and it's not the lighting or the angle,the tip is grey instead of dark grey-ish.I don't wanna risk my crappy painting skills fixing that because i will guaranteed fail terribly trying matching the colour with the rest of Rifle.Kinda annoying once youve noticed it:gah:

The left is fine.

From Facebook
Question: Does Sideshow have any plans to make Megatron or Shockwave in the future?
Answer: The design team is actively looking at all things Transformers for a suitable follow up to Optimus Prime.

Awesome news. :yess:

Optimus is a Must Have for anyone wanting a Transformers collection.

ok i noticed something on mine:(

Check the tip of the right Plasma Rifle,and it's not the lighting or the angle,the tip is grey instead of dark grey-ish.I don't wanna risk my crappy painting skills fixing that because i will guaranteed fail terribly trying matching the colour with the rest of Rifle.Kinda annoying once youve noticed it:gah:

The left is fine.

That sucks! you best ask for a replacement. This is what i was meaning when i said you have to really look this one over, there is just so much on it that you can miss problems like this at first. :(

Hooolllllyyyyyy Crrraaaaappppp....:eek

Wow do I wish I had one of these now...thank god i only collect the 12" figures. These maquette's would have me straight broke...

but...they are sexy! :banghead

That sucks! you best ask for a replacement. This is what i was meaning when i said you have to really look this one over, there is just so much on it that you can miss problems like this at first. :(

Yeah i looked carefully over every single inch before i put it together,it's ok except the paint on the tip of the gun and the suspicious noise inside the base.

Back