Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im glad he is awesome :rock
I know ive asked this before, but anyone except mamba get any notification on the reg?

That sucks Jay,i hope you get a replacement,for 1200$ i want everything to be perfect.

Optimusprime002.jpg

I'd say so :lol

I still have him on display and he looks amazing. :hi5:

That sucks brother! I hope you get a replacement soon. :gah:

That sucks brother! I hope you get a replacement soon. :gah:
Thanks bud :hi5:

Sorry for those damages! How could this paint chips happen? Shipping? Bad quality supervision?

It's not a paint chip the knee cover has snapped! They put loads of little foam pads around the legs and one must have put too much pressure on the knee when they put the lid on. :(

They will hopefully sort it out quick but i've still got him on display until then. :yess:

FFS! You have to really check this statue guys, things are easy to miss. The knee cover is snapped at the joint and is only being held on by the wire from the leg to cover. :(

That sucks monkey balls. Hope you get it sorted out.

From Facebook
Question: Does Sideshow have any plans to make Megatron or Shockwave in the future?
Answer: The design team is actively looking at all things Transformers for a suitable follow up to Optimus Prime.

They will hopefully sort it out quick but i've still got him on display until then. :yess:

Sorry to hear about the damage to your Optimus bro. Just an FYI, I've received an authorization for replacement of my Optimus for the issues that it has, but unfortunately Sideshow's replacement stock will not arrive to them until Sept the 14th. I'm with you on having it displayed until then though. Hopefully we'll get our replacements soon after that. Regardless of the issues that mine has Optimus is still a very impressive piece.

It'll be Bumblebutt...

im pretty sure they said it would be a decepticon.

at any rate, the amount of detail that went into prime, i cant imagine how hard it would be to do a megatron, soundwave, STARSCREAM:pray: with all the detail on those characters

Sorry to hear about the damage to your Optimus bro. Just an FYI, I've received an authorization for replacement of my Optimus for the issues that it has, but unfortunately Sideshow's replacement stock will not arrive to them until Sept the 14th. I'm with you on having it displayed until then though. Hopefully we'll get our replacements soon after that. Regardless of the issues that mine has Optimus is still a very impressive piece.

That's good to know thanks! You can't really see the problem on mine unless you get really close that's why i missed it at first, so i don't mind if i have to wait for a little bit. :)

Hi guys, I heard the base is extremely light on optimus, probably about 1-2 pounds. Since the UPS ship weight is 29 pounds, is Optimus about 25 pounds? Can someone confirm this? Thanks!

I guess it must be 8 pounds as indicated on the Sideshow website and the shipping was prob calculated based off its dimensional weight.

Back