Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question. Is it common for ss pjeces to have "so many" defective statues. The short time I've joined this forum ive seen amazing spiderman, phoenix and now this dio. Is this common? And how do they stack up against p1 and xm? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question. Is it common for ss pjeces to have "so many" defective statues. The short time I've joined this forum ive seen amazing spiderman, phoenix and now this dio. Is this common? And how do they stack up against p1 and xm? Just curious

It seems to be more "normal" then anyone would like... Personally I have received very few problems... I guess I have a good UPS traveling map from Cali to NY. I don't think I have ever received a broken piece from SS. I have had very minor issues but nothing major. I did send one statue back due to wonkey eyes.. They had no replacements and I believe them because I bought the piece very very late.

There's no definitive answer to your question. I have purchased 75-100 statues from Sideshow and only had problems with 2 of them. Others have ordered 10 or so and had problems with 1/2 of them.

Just keep your fingers cross with high es statues. Hopefully you get a good one. Other than that, no need to worry too much.

I think the issues they are having with this isn't all that bad. I have heard many horror stories. But not with this piece. So I'm just assuming they didn't receive enough extras for replacement parts to begin with. But the sad thing I have come across is their tactic to give a returned item to someone else. It's happened to me with something as expensive as the Wolf Predator. I kicked up a huge complaint and their response was they ran out of replacement parts and gave me a partial refund. These things should not happen to begin with! You buy something it should be brand new

Thanks For the feedback guys. I personally own 2 PFs (amazing spiderman and power girl) no issues at all. And I also plan to continue. So let see

There's no reason to settle with QC problems on this MAQ. If CS can't take care of a QC issue with this piece, just return it. The EX is still available on their website so there's no problem ordering a new one.

If there is any issue, they allow a return with shipping paid for, or are you only allowed either a replacement part or a partial refund?

A lot depends on your expectations. I don't think any statue is perfect. Usually if theres no breakage I'll be keeping it. Minor paint defects, peg gaps are not that big a deal to me.

Question... is the wolverine supposed to fit flushed or is there a little piece of the yellow that sticks out?

It should fit flush. Shouldn't see any of the peg that goes into Hulks arm.

IMG_0387.JPG
Pretty bummed out about it. Contacted them and waiting for response back

Maybe there is a little blob of paint or something on the peg or in the hole. If so maybe you can sand it down. If everything else is good on the statue that's what I'd try. I'd be nervous to get a replacement that was worse in some other way.

Maybe there is a little blob of paint or something on the peg or in the hole. If so maybe you can sand it down. If everything else is good on the statue that's what I'd try. I'd be nervous to get a replacement that was worse in some other way.

So true

as for QC, this is the one of few pieces I have gotten from ssc in the past couple years I haven't had major issue with. I'm not talking about wolverines teeth type of issues either....lol. That was really nothing as it was near impossible to see anyways.

My last issue two issues were with goblins bag not even starting to go in the hole it was suppose to and then Thor's back foot resting about 1/2 an inch about his stone, and also the head mounting hole busted right out of the statue when I tried to insert the head.....So some pretty major stuff in my opinion...For which I was offered another body which is when the leg wouldn't even come close to resting and also a refund if I can grind down the peg so the bag will sit in it's proper place...

So for myself I probably have issues with 25-30% of the pieces I have receive from ssc in the past. and that's normally not including the nitpick issues such as google eyes or sloppy painting etc. As a ssc collector we've come accustomed to sadly.

I've received about 6 XM pieces so far with not one issue so far.....knock on wood of course.

They offered to put me on waitlist since they don't have replacement parts yet,50 dollar credit for inconvenience or full refund....

Back