• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale 1/6 scale 2001: Clavius Spacesuit by Executive Replicas- head + accessories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthrapoid

Super Freak
Reaction score

Moderator Note:​

Thread moved from Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts on 21st February 2023 because sales are not permitted outside the Marketplace.

While pre-orders aren't permitted in Sales threads, today's update confirms that the items are in hand.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just created a group on Facebook for the head sculpt project, and also for the 1/6 scale survey photos I produced. Search Facebook for the following group name, or click the blue line below, or scan the QR code to find the group, then request to join.​

1/6 scale 2001: Clavius Spacesuit by Executive Replicas- head + accessories

Attachments

• 301363781_758429075386648_220696305397487913_n.jpg
    301363781_758429075386648_220696305397487913_n.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 6
  • PRINT.jpg
    PRINT.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I do not do Facebook
You don't need to do Facebook. I put you on the list when you expressed your interest here at this forum.
However, the Facebook group is a good thing, because I have seven people there (so far) who are interested too- which will bring the cost down for all of us.

Haywood Floyd Head Sculpt UPDATE:
The artist said he needs 50% of the $800.00 sculpting/mold making fee, ($400.00) plus 4.5% ($18.00) to cover PayPal transfer fees.
With seven people in the group at this time, I will need two payments of $75.14 from each buyer. One to begin the job in January, and one when the sculpt is finished. When the head castings are completed, it will cost another $150.00 for each fully painted head.

Note: I have 'commitments' from more than seven people, counting those here at the Sideshow Freaks Forum and at Facebook. However, some of them in both locations are elusive and very hard to contact. Therefore, they can't be relied on to participate in the sharing of the initial sculpting/mold making cost of $800.00- at least not quickly enough to insure that 1) we all share the pre-production cost equally, and 2) we claim the January commission slot before someone else does.

Because this process is turning out to be a bit like herding cats, only seven of us will be sharing the initial costs, then later, the elusive 'stragglers' may only have to pay the $150 for a painted head. It won't be perfectly fair to the seven of us who got the project moving, but I can't think of a solution to it. (demanding pre-production payments later from new buyers, and refunding 5% here and 3% there to the 'brave seven' would be a confusing nightmare.)

So: I am hereby requesting payments now, or as soon as possible, in the amount of $75.14 from each of you. I really want to claim the January sculpting slot, and not be forced to wait until summer 2023 or later. Your moneys will be held in my PayPal account until I have received all six payments, (together with my own portion.) When all the payments have arrived, they will be sent to the artist: 'UnleashedViper Commissions'. If too much time passes and I have not received enough payments to cover the $400.00 deposit, each of your payments will be returned to you, minus 4.5% transfer fees, and we can all use a Malibu Barbie head inside our Clavius suits. I think that would look nice, don't you?
(4.5% of $75.14 is $3.48... $75.14 minus $3.48 = $71.66. This is the amount that will be sent back to you if not enough payments come in to fund the project.)
Please send your payments of $75.14 to my PayPal:

anthrapoid @ sbcglobal.net. (without the spaces)

Include a note titled "Haywood Floyd", with your Facebook name, your real name, your Sideshow Freaks name, and your physical shipping address. Also, send me a pm here to let me know you have sent your payment. Thank you all!

Last edited:
Anthropoid, I just sent you my $75.14 deposit. I’ll send you a PM as well. Looking forward to replacing my Malibu Barbie Ken head with this one! Thanks for getting this going!

PS, perfect timing, my Clavius suit arrived from BBTS today but I haven’t had the chance to open it yet. Exciting!

Payment confirmed, thanks!
We had one person bail out, so getting $400 together may take a bit longer. Like I said, I'm herding cats.
What really worries me is this: After we pay 50% to the artist, and then the head is finished months later, what happens if
I'm unable to get in contact with (or get payments from) some of the people who are supposed to pay their second half?
The 50% deposit ($400) is non-refundable.

Looks good- almost like Haywood Floyd's young nephew or something.
Speaking of Floyd, I have three payments in for the head sculpt.
I need three more, then I can pay the artist his 50% deposit and reserve the January slot.

Hello~ Anthropoid, I just sent you my $75.14 deposit. Please confirm my payment. Thank you for your wonderful project. ;) (y)

Good news! The 50% deposit has been sent to UnleashedViper Commissions, so we have claimed the January work slot. Work will begin in January of 2023. Thanks to everyone who sent their payments. I don't know exactly how long it will take to sculpt the head, make a silicone mold, cast duplicates, and then paint a number of heads. However, please remember that two more payments will be required in the not-too-distant future: The second 50% for labor, (another $75.14) and then the cost for each resin-cast, painted head, ($150 + shipping) I will keep everyone updated during the whole process. Thank again! Dr Haywood Floyd is on his way.

Happy new year to all!
Good news: I just got some progress photos from the sculptor. The Heywood Floyd sculpt is looking quite good so far!
I gave instructions that the expression should be serious, and perhaps a bit concerned-looking. I think it's got those qualities.

This is a good time to ask all those involved in the project to send Stage 2 payments as soon as possible, through PayPal as before.
Please send $75.00 plus 5% to cover transfer fees ($78.75 total) to [email protected].
Include a note with your payment that tells me the following:
1) your full name
2) Facebook name, if applicable
3) your full shipping address
4) your member name here at Sideshow Collector's Forum

Thank you!

Attachments

• 313283754_781356926298516_5419099003868569918_n.jpg
    313283754_781356926298516_5419099003868569918_n.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 309854820_1150625959205840_613161388959331382_n.jpg
    309854820_1150625959205840_613161388959331382_n.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 313095508_1183340318918246_7931573407130206477_n - Copy.jpg
    313095508_1183340318918246_7931573407130206477_n - Copy.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 0
Looking amazing so far Anthrapoid, thanks for sharing this! Can’t wait to see it complete and painted. So glad to be in for one of these!

PS, any chance for a proper Bowman and Poole down the road for those of us that have the reissue suits, but are lacking the proper character representations inside the helmets? I know there’s a number of us that would be interested!

PSS, any additional info you can share on the prospect of an actual light-up 1/6 EVA POD?! :pray:

Looking amazing so far Anthrapoid, thanks for sharing this! Can’t wait to see it complete and painted. So glad to be in for one of these!

PS, any chance for a proper Bowman and Poole down the road for those of us that have the reissue suits, but are lacking the proper character representations inside the helmets? I know there’s a number of us that would be interested!

PSS, any additional info you can share on the prospect of an actual light-up 1/6 EVA POD?! :pray:
Anything is possible, as long as there are enough people to share the cost. That's the main problem- gathering participants and collecting payments.

Happy new year to all!
Good news: I just got some progress photos from the sculptor. The Heywood Floyd sculpt is looking quite good so far!
I gave instructions that the expression should be serious, and perhaps a bit concerned-looking. I think it's got those qualities.

This is a good time to ask all those involved in the project to send Stage 2 payments as soon as possible, through PayPal as before.
Please send $75.00 plus 5% to cover transfer fees ($78.75 total) to [email protected].
Include a note with your payment that tells me the following:
1) your full name
2) Facebook name, if applicable
3) your full shipping address
4) your member name here at Sideshow Collector's Forum

Thank you!
Looks great! Is the sculptor taking into account the diameter of the helmet neck ring that the completed sculpt with headphones and mic has to pass through? It was a tight fit for a generic 1/6 head on mine. Perhaps a 2 part magnetic headsculpt is needed?

Looks great! Is the sculptor taking into account the diameter of the helmet neck ring that the completed sculpt with headphones and mic has to pass through? It was a tight fit for a generic 1/6 head on mine. Perhaps a 2 part magnetic headsculpt is needed?
The head sculpt is being done without head gear to start. I'm going to produce a set of removable headphones/mic after I receive my own head. I'll be taking impressions in clay directly from the ears, so the earphones will be a snug fit. Regarding the helmet ring: I provided the dimensions of the original Dave Bowman head to the sculptor, from the back of the head to the tip of the nose. To put the helmet on the Dave head, the ring goes down to the eye level, then the helmet gets tilted a bit to pass over the nose, and then down the rest of the way.

I will be able to say a lot more about the headphones after I get my head and start working out the issues. Each ear piece is rather thin though, so I don't think they will be a difficult fit through the helmet. And, they will be connected by silver over-the-head bars, accurate to the film props.

Back