Sideshow Bith 'Modal Nodes' Cantina Band

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two of the instruments are different. One is impossible to see, one is a sit down thing you can barely make out in pics. Not sure if the instruments seen in the holiday special count.

Do you mean these two?

bith_1.jpg

bith_2.jpg

I'm pretty sure they are from the Holiday Special only. You can see them in the following HS shot. You can also see that their uniforms are even a little different, at least the black pants. In fact, in these shots, at least two or three of the original instruments are missing.

cantina_band.jpg

cantina_denizens_1.jpg

Thanks man. LED is the way to go. Bought mine when it first came out about a year ago. No regrets.

Yeah, I think I got this last year for Christams, or maybe the year before. Not sure.

So if they release another set, it will probably be with the last two unique instruments?

If they do it as a set, that would be my guess. I wonder if it will be a set again. Hope it's not a store Ex.

As store exclusives, they ended up being pretty cheap. Not counting shipping, it's only costing me $70 a piece for all three. So long as we don't have to buy a figure with a duplicate instrument to get a figure with a unique instrument, I'm happy.

Are all the heads the same sculpt?

Heads, hands, and boots are all the same, but I think they may have varied the bodies they are on so they have different heights, at least in pics. We'll see.

Cool. It doesn't matter too much because posing can achieve sufficient variety, but every little bit helps.

I hope we don't have to wait long for the next two.

Heads, hands, and boots are all the same, but I think they may have varied the bodies they are on so they have different heights, at least in pics. We'll see.

I think you are right about the height; the two pack has a pro 1.2 and 1.3 listed. Which is nice to have a touch of variety between them. Although I'm not sure what the 1.3 looks like... maybe this is the first use of it?

So it looks like they added some buttons to the final figure, so that's an improvement.

My thoughts exactly.

If they were $100 each, I'd never consider it. If they end up releasing the next two separately at $100 a piece, I will probably stop at three, but it'll suck. I really like the last two instruments.

Figrin D'an has landed. Pics soon.

Couple observation right off though.

Leg articulation and joints are super, super tight. Very hard to move, but I prefer that over too loose. It does have the ratcheting knees, but they have increased the number of stopping points such that each notch is barely distinguishable from the last. Very nice.

The neck was o backwards. The wrinkled part should face forward, not the flap-looking part, but that's just a matter of spinning it around.

The wrists don't have a ball joint, just a front to back motion, but the forearms can be rotated independently of the elbow joint to help with increased motion. That's cool.

Paint job is very accurate to the prototypes I painted. Even the golden instrument is a shiny metallic with hints of copper to it just like I painted it. Very nice.

The boots don't look quite as leather-like as the protos, but a little brown accent and semi-gloss is an easy enhancement.

Overall impression: China rocked this figure. A++

He sounds good to me SS, I'm beginning to think I need this figure. I have no space for him but I still think I want him.

Here he is with sleeves up and down. I modded the right pinky finger to stick out like it is in the movie. I used a sewing pin and pushed it all the way up into the soft material of the finger in the pose I wanted. The tube going to his mouth is metal and is originally curved back up too parallel to the horn, making the horn touch his face. The metal tube is very rigid, but can be bent out to a more suitable angle with some serious force.

FigrinDanSleevesUp01.jpg

FigrinDanSleevesUp02.jpg

FigrinDan01.jpg

FigrinDanCloseUp.jpg

Back