Sideshow 1/6 Yoda Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So hang on... Can we confirm something?

The body in the Teaser picture, that's not what they're going to use for Yoda is it?

Looks just like a normal Pro caste in green plastic, I'm assuming it's just there to let us know he's coming. It would be completely the wrong proportions even if its scaled down in size.

Maybe I'm missing something...?

DG

Yoda is represented by the little portion of the top of his head on the left side of the image. I'd guess the human body is there for reference/size.

Sean

That photo just has a green filter over it.

I'm for the two pack idea. I like the PT and the OT and would feel like something was missing if were one or the other. Obviously by my username, I'm very glad to see this one!

Yea it is. 6" would be way to tall for Yoda.

ewan_mcgregor21.jpg

That is one of my favourite scenes in the PT. I really hope we have a CGI Yoda in all the films someday.

I have never been a fan of the CGI Yoda. I know hat the muppet had a lot less action ability, but I didn't still thought it looked more real than the CGI one. And I really was not impressed with the fight between Yoda and Dooku. It was a little over-done for me.

Although, having said that, my very favorite Yoda moment was in EII when he drew his lightsaber with the force.

Still...overall the muppet is my preference.

That is one of my favourite scenes in the PT. I really hope we have a CGI Yoda in all the films someday.

Dave, I had a ton of respect for you, but them's fightin' words! OT Muppet Yoda is still better than CGI Yoda. The CGI was necessary for what Yoda had to do in PT, but the Muppet Yoda worked for OT. Even though the CGI was great, there is still a lack of depth that a Muppet can give to a creature like Yoda. Even Avatar's CGI hasn't quite matched the depth and "3D" of an actual object.

That said, I'm sure your wish will be granted. I for one would be all for replacing the fugly creature in The Phantom Menace with a GCI Yoda. I'm sure we'll get color coded Stormtroopers too.

Im of the group where, in Star Wars anyway, as much should be done practically as possible. In TPM when Jar Jar gets tied up in the droid torso and they show the "practical" leg, it looks better than the CGI because it's really there. Would some designs need to be sacrificed, prolly, but it would have looked TONS better.

Dave, I had a ton of respect for you, but them's fightin' words! OT Muppet Yoda is still better than CGI Yoda. The CGI was necessary for what Yoda had to do in PT, but the Muppet Yoda worked for OT. Even though the CGI was great, there is still a lack of depth that a Muppet can give to a creature like Yoda. Even Avatar's CGI hasn't quite matched the depth and "3D" of an actual object.

That said, I'm sure your wish will be granted. I for one would be all for replacing the fugly creature in The Phantom Menace with a GCI Yoda. I'm sure we'll get color coded Stormtroopers too.

Lucas needs to CGI Yoda's eyes in ROTJ then, cause they are all wonky.

I think Dave is just winding y'all up. :tap

Nope. I actually want the CGI Yoda throughout. Nostalgia aside, I think he looked perfect in ROTS, and would like to see him have that much facial expression in all the films. Take into account that my two favourite characters in SW are Yoda and Anakin/Vader, so I probably think about Yoda more than most SW fans.

I look at SW in two ways. I respect the trilogy I watched when I was little. I always will, but I'm not living in SW past.

After years of wondering what happened before ANH, we know the full story, and I'm completely accepting to the Star Wars Saga. Anakin's story is far more interesting to me than Luke's, since Luke's only exists because of Anakin's.

PT+OT=SW and I won't apologize for it :)

Im of the group where, in Star Wars anyway, as much should be done practically as possible. In TPM when Jar Jar gets tied up in the droid torso and they show the "practical" leg, it looks better than the CGI because it's really there. Would some designs need to be sacrificed, prolly, but it would have looked TONS better.

The problem with the PT CGI is most of it is just poorly done. Yoda and the space battles all look great though.

CGI isn't necessarily a problem, but if they turned ESB/ROTJ Yoda to CGI, I would like the model to be more defined. The CGI Yoda looks really nice and believable, but the anatomy of his face looks softer compared to the puppet in the OT>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back