JND/Kojun Works 1/6 The Dark Knight Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthAlias

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just confirmed via live stream from Daniel. Production teaser being shot next week. PO end of month I believe. They’re beating IA to PO. Probably will in production too.

Not sure I care to have a silicone $1000-$2000 Bale Bruce head here. The biggest draw for the TDK/Begin suits has been getting the cowl and suit right.

If it matches close to QueenStudios 1/1 statue in terms of realism and accuracy, I'll be a bit tempted but otherwise, tough sell.

vzOSIW2.jpg

Last edited:
Their 1/3 has best cowl likeness so even if they shrink that down it’ll look great. We’ll see what happens. I have Joker on order so I’ll get this one too.

Not really seeing the benefits of silicone for a batman figure. Also been noticing uneven/rough edges on their 1/3 silicone cowled mouthparts.

Do I really care to spend $2k on a bruce wayne?

The most overrated Batsuit ever. Sorry to those that love it but I wish someone other than Hot Toys would, make the far superior Begins suit.

Should have also been the Begins suit since that version needs some loving after Hot Toys took a dump on it for 10+ years straight.

Actually, all you have to do is replace the sculpt and cape of the existing HT or the older Toys Fare version with either an OT or an Unreal sculpt. You can do that today and have the figure you want.

I get the argument that those options put the figure in the $600+ range, but I doubt JND is going to be any cheaper.

I don’t see anyone here complaining about JND prices, putting up the funds for it if they did make a Begins Bale. If Ledger Joker wouldn’t make you cave then neither would any version of Bales Batman. The HT matte finish version with Jaxon cape, OT deluxe cowl, painted by a different artist is actually really good. Y’all aren’t paying $1,500 for a figure in a rubber suit.

Actually, all you have to do is replace the sculpt and cape of the existing HT or the older Toys Fare version with either an OT or an Unreal sculpt. You can do that today and have the figure you want.

I get the argument that those options put the figure in the $600+ range, but I doubt JND is going to be any cheaper.
Already done that and happy with the result. Would still be nice to see the Begins suit get the respect it deserves from licensed companies.

It will be made I’m sure. It shouldn’t come as a shocker that it wasn’t made first, that’d be like if they released a Scarecrow before Joker, just doesn’t make sense. At least they are giving us 2 characters from the same film up front instead of waiting years to release the counterpart.

Looking forward to seeing the proto but almost certainly won’t be ordering.
InArt will get my money for TDK Batman.

JND might have a shot winning me over with BVS Batfleck, but it’s still unlikely.

I don’t see anyone here complaining about JND prices, putting up the funds for it if they did make a Begins Bale. If Ledger Joker wouldn’t make you cave then neither would any version of Bales Batman. The HT matte finish version with Jaxon cape, OT deluxe cowl, painted by a different artist is actually really good. Y’all aren’t paying $1,500 for a figure in a rubber suit.
While I definitely agree with you that the HT Batman begins figure(s) with those upgrades end up making a solid, quality looking Begins figure, I think a lot of us would like one that's just as good if not better right out of the box without having to go through the trouble of third party custom pieces.

For me, there is something pretty nice about opening the box and being able to enjoy one of these figures outright and not have to immediately feel this and that needs to be replaced in order to be even worth taking up display space.

While I too would love something fresh out of the box with no adjustments required, it just isn’t really possible for a perfectionist.

I just don’t have faith in any company to give us accurate figures.

Every figure I’ve purchased or plan to purchase either gets parts from other releases, custom clothes, custom accessories, custom sculpts, or just something as simple as removing all of the green weathering on Captain Rex, cleaning up the AOTC R2 a bit, genuine leather Vader suit, Yunsil Sidious robes, always something to do, but that’s half the fun of this strange hobby. If we can make it better then we should, if these companies can help make our job a bit easier, all the better. But I won’t rely on them. I view it like going grocery shopping, the market helps you plan a meal but it’s up to you to turn it into something remarkable.

Last edited:
I hope they give us an option to get just the Batman figure without a Bruce Wayne headsculpt.

Back