Sideshow 1/6 Yoda Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he is the ESB version, with his grungy looking robes.

The question is, of the five films we see Yoda in, which version will we see as a figure first? TESB is a no brainer, but does the 25th Anniversary ensure that will be the first one we get?

Yeah the 30th anniversary is the best reason to go with an ESB Yoda. :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping for a all-in-one 2 pack. I really don't think we need to revisit Yoda in that case. 1 PT, 1 OT. Give him 2 canes, his lightsaber, Luke Backpack, hover chair, log base, a snake or two, and an exclusive flashlight. :dunno

I think they might as well just go all out with him and be done with it. Plus with a 2 pack with lots of goodies, it helps hide some of the costs of the new body with the price tag. A $150 Yoda two pack with lots of stuff would be better than a $70 Yoda by himself. Or something along those lines. Even though he is smaller, he is going to cost just as much because of the body. Unless they make him with limited articulation like Jabba or the upcoming Gammy. But if he is fully articulated, I suspect his price will be surprising.

I'm just hoping for a all-in-one 2 pack. I really don't think we need to revisit Yoda in that case. 1 PT, 1 OT. Give him 2 canes, his lightsaber, Luke Backpack, hover chair, log base, a snake or two, and an exclusive flashlight. :dunno

There is no way in hell I would buy that. I'm not going to pay extra for PT Yoda garbage.

I want a lightsaber too. And a snake.

I really think separate figures (i.e. not a two-pack) would work best for the customers, but I suppose it depends on which model would work best (sell more) for Sideshow.

And interchangable heads would be the worst. I want two Yodas.

I want Yoda with a Lightsaber. The medicom version fills my OT needs.

Think I agree. Gone all PT crazy lately with the EpII clones, could do with a super articulated, feisty Yoda to lead some troops.

and Medi Yoda just kinda sits there fine for my OT needs, unless he shelf dives (not to steady on his old pins!)

So Sideshow hasn't revealed if it's OT or PT yet, right? I hope they release him like a Hot Toys DX (unlikely I know, but they sort of did it for Palpatine/Sideous) with an alternate head and costume. I think the two pack method would work best. C'mon two pack. :monkey5

PT for me, but that's only because I want him to lead my other PT Jedi. If its a two pack I'll either sell the OT one, or more likely keep and display him elsewhere.

If it's not a "two-pack" (either two whole figures or even just a seperate head/outfit, that'd be fine too), then I gotta go with OT.

No reason why he can't have a lightsabre even then, though. Just because we didn't see one in ESB doesn't mean he didn't have one tucked away somewhere in his hut, you know, for self-defense purposes...

Ooooh just thought. If it is PT I'd like a clear plastic stand like the Hot Toys Mech Test Tony Stark, then you can have him leaping mid-air and attacking Dooku!

Oh, and we need a Dooku for this set up too.

My guess, this year ESB Yoda with everything but the backpack. Then in a year or two, a PT Yoda.

SCC 2010 exclusive- Jedi training Luke w/ Yoda, backpack

and then an environment with a dagobah camp with light, container and all the crap Luke has at his camp. Complete with Fallen log to stand Yoda on.

Ooooh just thought. If it is PT I'd like a clear plastic stand like the Hot Toys Mech Test Tony Stark, then you can have him leaping mid-air and attacking Dooku!

Oh, and we need a Dooku for this set up too.

They've already said Dooku i son the works. Grievous too.

And I would think this would either be a 2 pack or just a single Yoda. I don't think we'll get the PT/OT head swap thing with two outfits. I mean, where would we pick up a second Yoda body? Toy Anxiety could only break down so many of those. With the HT DX, they released a body seperately for that. But Sideshow hasn't even offered up the Pro seperately, let alone the Hobbit or Yoda body.

And they almost did the head swap/extra clothes for Palpatine, but it was just easier to offer it as a two-pack. Those that really only wanted one of the two were eventually able to split a pack with someone, so I don't think Yoda being a 2 pack would hurt sells in the end really. If anything, people want their Yoda enough to bite the bullet and try to part out the extra later.

I think they might as well just go all out with him and be done with it. Plus with a 2 pack with lots of goodies, it helps hide some of the costs of the new body with the price tag. A $150 Yoda two pack with lots of stuff would be better than a $70 Yoda by himself. Or something along those lines. Even though he is smaller, he is going to cost just as much because of the body. Unless they make him with limited articulation like Jabba or the upcoming Gammy. But if he is fully articulated, I suspect his price will be surprising.

I don't think an all-in-one is a practical idea, since multiple releases wiould better counterbalance the cost of tooling a tiny buck.

Personally, I want them to release a bunch of Yoda figures:

-TPM with Council Chair
-AOTC with Hover Chair or Youngling figure
-ROTS with meditation chair
-TESB/ROTJ with Dagobah gak
- TCW with that weird riding beast

I'll never understand why anyone wants the all-in-one since you can't display them together unless you buy multiples.

- TCW with that weird riding beast
You mean the Kybuck? I'd want that too!

Kybuck.jpg

I wouldn't want a TPM Yoda unless it was an updated one like is liking going to be done to TPM, the original puppet is ugly.

If it's not a "two-pack" (either two whole figures or even just a seperate head/outfit, that'd be fine too), then I gotta go with OT.

No reason why he can't have a lightsabre even then, though. Just because we didn't see one in ESB doesn't mean he didn't have one tucked away somewhere in his hut, you know, for self-defense purposes...

I'm sure he had one in the OT, most likely on his belt under his cloak like TPM, AOTC, and ROTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back