Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The doll dot must go.

indyeyes.jpg

I agree.....I am sure this sculpt is going to produce a lot of quality repaints.

Thanks for the pictures and the detailed review Noisetrigger. The sculpt continues to look better with every picture - the paint job continues to disappoint. Why can't they fix something like this?

The doll dot must go.

indyeyes.jpg

I've disliked and complained about the doll dot off and on for many years now. It always seemed like a quibble, compared to the bloody ears, and zombie faces of Sideshow figures past, but the latter two, more major problems seem to be a thing of the past while the doll dot lives on. Seeing these pics now shows just how much the doll dots hurt a painted sculpt. The doll dot must die! Just apply gloss over the eyes!

Otherwise, Indy looks rockin'! I didn't think so at first, but the latest pics here have convinced me this is a must buy. I'm kind of hoping enough preorders will get canceled so I can get the exclusive version, as I'm on the wait list, but if not, I'll be sure to get the regular edition from my local comic book shop, pronto!

I only have 2 small criticisms: the eyeliner and the stubble paint. But these are such minor quibbles to me. I think overall he looks terrific, and the more new photos I see of him, the more impressed I am! Can't wait!

Wow, this figure came out mush better than I expected. I'll have to pick one up now since I cancelled my PO...

Yes, that is very nice. But with Clone Obi, the wrist pegs seem to be stuck in the hands. I haven't tried using a hair dryer to pull them out yet. Two of mine are broken at the bifurcation. The sculpt, as we already knew is phenomenal thanks to Trev's eye for details. I think what is throwing off the likeness is the eyes. An eye repaint, and this figure will be tops.

The value of this piece is unprecedented for a Complete 12" Indy Figure.

Yes, you may have to tweak the eyes (remove white dot or a repaint tweak) but you will never find a better value with everything that is included with this IMO...

2 heads of the Best Indy Sculpt to date. 2 Whips, 8 hands, full outfit, all the goodies and SSC even corrected the web belt color.

So although it is a level above a Kit (basic complete fig) you are getting all this for only 90...

A HT Indy would cost 160 easy with all this. Some may want to swap bodies, but again, you Guys will find no better value than this anywhere.

I am quick on the trigger to criticize SSC for their inconsistencies but I have to say I am more than pleased to call this my 1st ROTLA Indy figure... :D

Last edited:
man, with all the issues, as well as the fact that I'm still not sold on the sculpt and paint despite all the pics, I'm really feeling dissapointment after all this waiting and considering that this was really going to tip the balance of whether or not to go after more sideshow stuff. I think they cam close, but ultimately fell flat. May still be the best Indy 1/6th out there tho. I don't care for the PF as i like to pose my figures, so the quest for the perfect Indy figure continues.

This fig is about everything you need. The value is unprecedented for a Complete 12" Indy Figure.

Yes, you may have to tweak the yes (remove white dot or a repaint tweak) but you will never find a better value with everything that is included with this IMO...

Hell, it's MUCH better than the other 12" Indy currently on the market and that one is 75% more expensive.

Back