Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some more pictures of the head that I found on eBay. I think these make the head look pretty good.

indyhead1.jpg

indyhead2.jpg

indyhead3.jpg

indyhead4.jpg

I was actually starting to get excited for this figure again, but now I'm not impressed at all with the stubble on the hatted Indy - it should go up onto his cheeks, not just hug the jawline. And the more I see those eyes the more the heavy eyeliner and catch lights (doll dots) annoy me. I don't know why SS continues to use them - people at best don't care if they are there or not, and others are really vocal in their hatred of them.

With Indy, Stormtrooper, Bank Robber Joker and Iron Man III all coming in the next couple of months there is no way I can afford to send off Indy for a decent repaint, and hearing that the body's joints are loose and seeing the shoulders look too narrow it looks like I'm going to have to consider buying a True Type, which will also mean new shoes apparently. Add in shipping costs to Australia and this figure is looking to be a bad investment.

Loose body? Disappointing Sideshow...especially since this will be your new standard.

I can see it now, Darth vaders everywhere taking the plunge of your shelves.

Indy is looking better..I'm glad I have a Truetype to switch him over to!!!

Loose body? Disappointing Sideshow...especially since this will be your new standard.

I can see it now, Darth vaders everywhere taking the plunge of your shelves.

Indy is looking better..I'm glad I have a Truetype to switch him over to!!!

Well, at least we now know that the long delay wasn't to ensure perfection.

:rolleyes:

Man, what's with the hip hop beard on Indy? Guess Professor Jones laid down some tracks on phonograph when he wasn't grave robbing. Secrets out now. Call him P. Indy. You know what this means? He wasn't globetrotting, he was touring.

Anyway... that stubble is whack - I mean, awfully inaccurate. How on earth do you screw that up?

Last edited:
Josh (DarkArtist).... looks like you'll continue to be mighty busy on head repaints when these start arriving.

So much for "Sideshow is taking their time with this figure to ensure a perfect product".

I'm not necessarily disappointed (mainly because I expected less than perfection) but there are no excuses, particularly with the reported loose joints on the body.

Yeah, that's weird. As I recall from Trevor's original photos, he sculpted the stubble accurately. So will there be unpainted stubble on the cheeks, or did they later remove it? Still looks sculpted in the mustache area.

As far as the paint apps go, these shots still give me hope - at least more than those ebay shots. Worst case scenario I guess I could always add a bit of shadow/stubble on the cheeks to makes it more accurate - shouldn't be too difficult. At least it's better than the factory slopping on too much paint.

I can live with some looseness to the joints - I'm not an extreme poser, but hopefully it won't be as bad/prevalent as some are reporting.

I'm pretty happy with it. Still world's beyond Medi and Hasbro. Loose body seems like they haven't gotten their stuff together yet with the prometheus, and it doesn't bode well for Snake Eyes I'm sure. On the plus side the outfit, aside from weathering, and accessories look great! Can't wait to get them!!!:whip

So, a bit late to the new pictures... but is the head cast in color, or fully painted? Some shots look cast, yet others don't.

But, overall a really great looking figure :rock

This is my first post here but I have to say I've been studying the Indy costumes for over a decade now in complete detail. Indy is my thing.

I am livid that all of the reference material is out there and Sideshow still got so much wrong on this figure. I mean...HOW can you screw it up with so much reference to go on? Not only that, there are so many websites that have the details written down as well as photo references. I'm at a loss here.

Now, Trevors sculpt is hands down the best Indy sculpt ever. The only better sculpt was done by Trevor on the PF figure. Trevor is the man. But who is in charge of the details of the costume on the figure itself? I'd love to ask some questions and get some answers on why they put a press stud (only found on the Last Crusade and Crystal Skull jackets) on a Raiders jacket? Why is the hat a dirt color when it was a faily flat brown? Why is the holster the color of the holsters used in all the other films EXCEPT Raiders? The gun belt is the wrong color with the wrong styled buckle and no metal keeper. The whipholder is also wrong. It was stitched onto the gunbelt in Raiders and is the way Sideshow did is how it is in the other 3 films. The pants in Raiders also have a military hem, meaning they are shorter in the fron than in the back which doesn't look to have been done. It would have most likely made the drape on the pants a bit different. Maybe.

There are some elements I love about it though. The shape and size of the hat is correct, even if the color is off. The gloves look perfectly distressed as do the boots. The bag is also well done from what I can tell.

In all this is basically a mish-mash of all the films costumes put together. If the homework had been done properly we'd see a true Raiders figure...and we're not. All of the info I've posted above I know just by sight because that's what I do. Sideshow was on a clean slate and had every opportunity to locate and impliment this info into the figure and they did not. Not only is all of the above info available at various sites on the net, but all you have to do is study the film frame x frame and you can easily see the differences and nuances in the costume from film to film.

While the overall figure is impressive I'm very disappointed as a true Raiders fan. The casual fan won't know the differences in the costumes and I'm pretty sure Sideshow knows it and why they let all of this happen. Sideshow is not the only company to have screwed this up and let all these details slip. This is one of the reasons I'm so angered about this. I was expecting...no, hoping the reputation of Sideshow was in top form and I would finally get a true Raiders 12".

My quest continues.

I just pray the premium format figure doesn't overlook these details for the price they're asking. I ordered two. I'm praying very hard.

Damn you Sideshow. HOW could you put studs on this version on Indy??? CLEARLY only Crusade and Crystal Skull has those. And I don't even know what studs I'm talking about.

I'm pretty happy with it. Still world's beyond Medi and Hasbro. Loose body seems like they haven't gotten their stuff together yet with the prometheus, and it doesn't bode well for Snake Eyes I'm sure. On the plus side the outfit, aside from weathering, and accessories look great! Can't wait to get them!!!:whip

No doubt!!!! I will be EXTREMELY disappointed if Snake-Eyes is loose...especially if you can't remove his outfit without having to unstitch it or something. :monkey2

Why does Sideshow still do the damn eye dot too? Paint some gloss over the eyes, it's a simple fix and those previous photos show it.

We complain because we CARE and we've been bit***in about that damn eye dot for sooo long and still Sideshow does it.

CLEARLY only Crusade and Crystal Skull has those. And I don't even know what studs I'm talking about.
I take it your comments are in jest. Yes, they are CLEARLY present on only those two jackets. The press studs are on the top and bottom of the storm flap on the front of the jacket. They are snaps to close the jacket. The Raiders jacket did not have them. All you need to do is look at the film and you can see that. So, I'm wondering who's idea it was to add them? Anybody know who was in charge of this portion of the project? Just curious.

They do put gloss over the eyes. They should get rid of the dot and move the iris up a bit so it's not so dead center.

Back