building a 1/6th custom OT Tusken

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt22

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello--

I'm making a go at a 1/6th OT Tusken for reasons that the Sideshow OT Tusken is out of my price range and the Hot Toys Mandolorian one, while nice, looks different from the OT Tusken.

I found this site in starting to dig around for info/parts and found the great custom robe set being offered in the "for sale" thread by member Cocoboloboy.

So far I've found the robe set here, a 3d printed 1/6 head (i'll need to paint) on ebay, a HT Tusken base body on Toy Anxiety and an extra Mythos Kenobi pack that I took the bandoliers / weapons from.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 6.56.56 PM.png

Nude-Body__29646.1642199899.jpg

IMG_1905 2.JPG

Would anyone here have suggestions for hands/feet, respirator, belt that might work for this guy?

Last edited:
found one more thing--best I could find so far for the belt from Rattlesnake Toys.

belt__92342.1640457814.jpeg

still have to sort out hands and feet, respirator, rifle. short of someone breaking up a mando Tusken, my idea for hands it to look for some kind of gloved hands and repaint--for feet, find some generic boots and wrap them.

Great start!! Love the alternate bandoliers you sourced.

For my feet, I used the bare feet(no boots) on the body and wrapped them myself. Sideshow Indiana Jones gloves might work. I just used the Sideshow ones and wrapped the wrists myself.

Keep us updated!!

Great start!! Love the alternate bandoliers you sourced.

For my feet, I used the bare feet(no boots) on the body and wrapped them myself. Sideshow Indiana Jones gloves might work. I just used the Sideshow ones and wrapped the wrists myself.

Keep us updated!!
many thanks!--I was looking at Jones hands--funny you mention it.

Would you know if sideshow hands would fit the HT body I got? and if you don't mind me asking--what did you use to wrap the feet?

many thanks!--I was looking at Jones hands--funny you mention it.

Would you know if sideshow hands would fit the HT body I got? and if you don't mind me asking--what did you use to wrap the feet?
The Hot Toys pegs should fit in the Sideshow hands.

I used the Sideshow Tusken wraps on mine. Any thin fabric cut into strips should work.

early days---the base body arrived (HT tusken from Toy Anxiety) and the bandoliers from the Mythos Kenobi pack should fit around all inner robes. plenty of room with the straps.

not sure if i should bother with a body suit of some kind or just wrap the forearms and legs in fabric strips

IMG_1908.JPG

the 3d printed head came in today. pops right onto the hot toys body i bought. looks pretty decent i think.

Head spikes came as separate pieces that you plug into pre-drilled holes.

here, if you need one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384693843037?hash=item59918a345d:g:s30AAOSwypJh0jn5
nicely included a 3d printed respirator, which wasn't part of the listing, but i had already got one along with a couple of other parts from another Hot Toys Tusken breakdown on Toy Anxiety. (picked up the "padded undergarment", pants, waist band, and respirator)

as fashionable as they are, won't be leaving the white shoes as they are--just were the cheapest hot toys feet i found that i knew would fit the body--some paint and wraps for them--once i figure out what fabric to get to cut strips for his forearms and to make the boots.

IMG_1937b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a promising start. Good luck.
thank you. looking at some of the work being done by members here is inspirational for sure. We'll see how things go painting the Tusken head. I've done some minor painting for custom figs but nothing like much of the work I've seen on here.

Enrive has a some good recasts. The new Tuskens he’s putting out are much better with the separate horns. The first ones I got from him we’re broken until he started doing that which was not too long ago. I like how he now adds the respirator too.

Good work so far. Looking forward to seeing your completed figure and future work.

Enrive has a some good recasts. The new Tuskens he’s putting out are much better with the separate horns. The first ones I got from him we’re broken until he started doing that which was not too long ago. I like how he now adds the respirator too.

Good work so far. Looking forward to seeing your completed figure and future work.
Thanks very much—was marveling at your work recently—fantastic stuff!

i‘m glad I came across him on ebay for sure. If I didn’t come across his Tusken head and Cocoboloboy‘s robe set i don’t think I’d have made a go at it.

Dude that’s off to a great start! I can tell just from “bones” that it’s going to have a cool realistic “man in suit” vibe.

Dude that’s off to a great start! I can tell just from “bones” that it’s going to have a cool realistic “man in suit” vibe.
thanks! i think Cocoboloboy's robe set is going to make it work--providing i don't screw up the head paint too bad!

a pair of hot toys indiana jones gloved hands showed up. only one open hand, so no classic luke-smashing poses for now. full sets of jones hands can get costly--all the little parts add up quick!

IMG_0528 2.JPG

looking great. I also recommend Gustavo at Old Travelers Workshop. Been using him for years and he is a pleasure to deal with.

looking great. I also recommend Gustavo at Old Travelers Workshop. Been using him for years and he is a pleasure to deal with.
Sounds good! I wouldn't mind getting a different type of bandolier as the two I have are almost identical--both having been scavenged from a Mythos Kenobi backpack.

It’s a little rough and home made looking but maybe that suits a Tusken. cut a slightly-thicker-than-a-sandwich-bag plastic and made leggings, then wrapped both leggings and shoe in cloth tape—that stuff you’d find in a pharmacy. accidentally ordered a couple of my colors in Citadel’s “air” format. But it seems like it just needs more coats. Will probably mess around with it more—hopefully get an idea of what I’m doing before going to the head.
E01B75AA-72F2-41FD-B29C-FA792C1462D7.jpeg
32FDB593-AE7B-406C-83DB-3C05DF14CB44.jpeg

Back