Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow's sole 1/6 success relies on two men: Trevor Grove and Tim Miller. These guys don't cut corners when it comes to producing art. Sideshow better treat them well before Hot Toys nabs them up.

I look forward to seeing the Prometheus. This new body should be superior to the Hot Toys Truetype, considering the TT has been on the market for a couple years now and Sideshow has had time to see what it can do to make further improvements.

Sideshow's sole 1/6 success relies on two men: Trevor Grove and Tim Miller. These guys don't cut corners when it comes to producing art. Sideshow better treat them well before Hot Toys nabs them up.

I look forward to seeing the Prometheus. This new body should be superior to the Hot Toys Truetype, considering the TT has been on the market for a couple years now and Sideshow has had time to see what it can do to make further improvements.

Yes indeed, they are treasures...

I hope someone posts a Prom Body Review soon because I haven't heard a thing about it yet...

Last edited:

They are good, but SS has a slew of very talented artists.

Thanks for the scoop, Sean....

I have to chuckle at one thing though....this "Image" thread has one page with images, and 7 pages of chat...just sayin' :rotfl

But it's good chat...it looking like we've got something to get excited about...the figure, the box art, all of it...look great! Can't wait!

It is funny, I expected it as much, but it clearly shows, this news is the spark our torches have been waiting for to get lit once again. No longer are we in the dark, but rather a bright flame glows unveiling a wonderful future.

They are good, but SS has a slew of very talented artists.

Indeed, I'd love to see what the sculptor from the Duel of the Fates dio would do in 1/6 scale, very nice portraits on that piece. And active sculptors in 1/6 are all good at Sideshow, though I'd probably throw Tim, Trev, and if he ever returns (wishful thinking) Andy B. in a group for their style, they all have a common look to their pieces, though each still distinct, they all catch teh fine details and bring an indescribable essence to their portraits. Oluf's very good but with a distinct style, as is Mat Falls.

It's hard to tell from one set of photos, but the paint job is too Tonnerish - I hope a decent repaint fixes it but it didn't make 1/6 Han the definitive Han for me so I'm pessimistic about this one. The hatless head looks too much like Josh Brolin and is just too long-faced. But I sympathise with anyone who sculpts Ford - his face isn't long, neither is it chubby, neither are his features too sharply defined, neither are they undefined...

For all the people who say Medicom is owned, the Medi head sculpt still looks more like Harrison Ford to me than this one, whatever the shortcomings of the body. BUT, I'm not writing this figure off in my own mind until I've seen more photos, especially close ups of the hatted head.

Maybe SSC ought to just make slightly more stylised figures, because they can't compete with Hot Toys when it comes to realistic head sculpts and paint jobs.

:lol
Trevor needs people like Captain Britain - otherwise he would get a huge ego and go on to bigger and better things instead of toiling below decks at Sideshow.

I have to say that the dehatted head is definitely the best Harrison we've ever seen though.

Yes, though I do wish we could see Trev's ANH Han with the same paint job as Indy, the bare sculpt images of it looked splendid.

Thats one of my regrets to seeing the new style of heads on the figures they will make my other figures look inferior not that i have a problem with the rest of my figures but i much prefer the new style sideshow have adopted they have taken a big step forward with the latest releases and things can only get better

Thats one of my regrets to seeing the new style of heads on the figures they will make my other figures look inferior not that i have a problem with the rest of my figures but i much prefer the new style sideshow have adopted they have taken a big step forward with the latest releases and things can only get better

I don't think it hurts necessarily. Any SSC figure that turned out well, and there are figures that did, with the old style head will still look nice. It's an evolution. Anyone collecting Hot Toys since 2005/2006 is familiar with it. Their older portraits were much like Sideshow and some very bad in sculpt even, but they've evolved very well. Just something to accept when you follow a company's product line for a long time and the company is devoted to evolving, at some point things don't blend together seamlessly. I don't think any SSC figure on the new bodies stands out much from their existing figures.

I don't think it hurts necessarily. Any SSC figure that turned out well, and there are figures that did, with the old style head will still look nice. It's an evolution. Anyone collecting Hot Toys since 2005/2006 is familiar with it. Their older portraits were much like Sideshow and some very bad in sculpt even, but they've evolved very well. Just something to accept when you follow a company's product line for a long time and the company is devoted to evolving, at some point things don't blend together seamlessly. I don't think any SSC figure on the new bodies stands out much from their existing figures.

I see where your coming from and i do remember some of the older figures from hot toys and they were very hit and miss however they have come along way and right now i can't think of a hot toys figure i wouldn't want in my collection. It is nice to see sideshow making the same steps as well these newer cast heads on gandalf or general kenobi are brilliant and i prefer them as it allows the sculptors work to shine through more than it would through layers of paint. My regret is thinking about how good figures such as old ben or the recent luke and han (which have fantastic sculpts) would have looked with the new types of heads.

So..

Let's try to find more pics, Guys. Only a couple have been posted and NOT ONE of an unmodded 12" SSC Indy out of the box... yet.

That I can understand. I'd actually like to see Sideshow's Palpatine done in a cast style. Oluf did a great job on the sculpt, but a lot of the aging was in subtle lines and the paint apps unforunately shaved a few years off it. Portrait still looks great, but it'd be awesome to see him look older.

What blows me away with Indy, is it looks like his jacket has weathering to it, variations of tonality, instead of just being one solid color.

I must say I'm pleased that these pics give a more realistic vision of what we'll be getting. I'm eating my words right now because I was rather scathing in my previous comments. This looks much more like Indy than what we've been shown on Sideshows site. :monkey1

So..

Let's try to find more pics, Guys. Only a couple have been posted and NOT ONE of the Original 12" SSC Indy out of the box... yet.

So far, the promised update at ThrowMeTheIdol hasn't gone up yet, I'll keep checking though.

Are they reliable for Sideshow figures, I've only ever seen them mentioned for Hot Toys and Medicom products.

that's mostly true, but I think this is one of those Figs that is universally anticipated. Toys2 is selling them and I'm sure quite a few Asian dealers too..

Back