Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Clone-Obi and Gandalf, now this, it's a real shame Sideshow is seemingly moving away from 1/6th.

Why do people keep saying this? So they shelved the LOTR line. Does that mean the world is ending? For Middle Earth, likely. For the rest of us, no. Yes, it sucks, but that doesn't mean they're shelving the 1:6 scale market. Just that line, and after all the flack they got for the Hobbits, I don't blame them. They'd shut out a core part of their business. People don't really want to buy Hasbro but can't afford Medicom or HotToys let alone PFs and 1:1 busts. In keeping the 1:6 lines, they capture that middle ground. Besides, nobody develops a new body, let alone 3 new bodies, for their 1:6 scale lines if they're planning on jumping ship. Additionally, new lines are planned as well, this being one and G.I. Joe being another. Star Wars, despite the rather deconstructive criticism continues to see more releases than are arguably healthy for our wallets yet continues to sell well as does their The Dead too. I think cutting back to focus on key properties is a wise decision as it allows more time and detail to be focused on QC. The Hobbits with their loose joints had a remarkable attention to detail. Obi Wan despite his complaints was just incredible and Gandolf pretty much rocked. I can't wait to see Indy. If these guys, and the pics here are any clue about how good he's going to look in person, I think Sideshow, with their lower prices and increasing quality, just may pull ahead in the 1:6 scale market.

Thanks for the clarification on the belt i thought i was seeing things.

Hey MaulFan, see the shoes on the ToyWorld forums? Have a closer gander at the shoes then compare them to the opened box photo.

I was just going to post asking about the shoes! They definitely aren'tthe same in the ToyWorld pics...wonder if they swapped them out?

Looks great. Love the look of the Pro.

qkzone20081109020548-97389500-30939.jpg

I read the post on the toy-world forum
The person actually changed the body to a Hot Toys body. As for the shoes he mentioned that the SS shoes dont really fit on the HT body, therefore he changed it.

Seems like he doesnt really like the SS body, I have asked him to elaborate more on the the good & bad of the SS body and whether its because of loose joints that he decided to change it.

damnit!!! now that i see him there is no way i can cancel him. damn you SS and your kickass figures.

ps. the next person who calls gandAlf, gandOlf, is in for it. i'm gonna reach through the computer and ^^^^^ slap you.
slap.gif

damnit!!! now that i see him there is no way i can cancel him. damn you SS and your kickass figures.

ps. the next person who calls gandAlf, gandOlf, is in for it. i'm gonna reach through the computer and ^^^^^ slap you.
slap.gif

Agreed, this figure is every bit as good as Gondalf.

Man, too excited over images to notice the subtle things.

So the great poses aren't done with the Pro body, I'm anxious to know why the swap, particularly since getting shoes for the HT body will be a pain, I hope there isn't a strong reason to swap.

Personally, and I am obviously bias, but I think my bro's Indy, aside from head, hat, and maybe bag (no bag strap) is better than Sideshow's. The jacket looks pretty good. The boots look decent. The shirt is a little too white. I think it should be switched out with the Relic Hunter shirt, with some tailoring, but then again, we haven't seen the shirt without the jacket.

I don't know, the figure just won't put these concerns to rest until it's in hand.

Back