Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow great figure, the chubby face is gone....shame 12'' are about to die from Sideshow.

Do you have an inside scoop Shai or is that simply wishful thinking on your part?:monkey3 Anyway I am pumped for this figure, I look at the pics and see the crappy flash, unfutzing, etc. and blame the photographers and that this isn't a true representation of the figure. To me that's the best part, making these things pop!

One thing I'm not a fan of are the bifurcated wrist pegs. They break way too easily. Does anyone have the original photos of the Prometheus body? I could have sworn it had small pegs like the new revision Hot Toys True Type body (Joker).

And I may be mistake, but I believe that the two heads (with hat and without) are the same exact sculpt.

defintely need better pics, I don't want to pass judgement now... but atm I'm not feeling it too much.. it doesn't "click" together...

Reply by Joo from Toy-world.com.hk, gotta thank him for the detailed comparison and explanation on why he changed the body.

The joint of the hand is a little bit loose when using in HT's body

Here are the comparison and hope you can see the different between two bodies,

qkzone20081109133816-45383400-13281.jpg

For position A
you can see the shoulder of HT's body is a little bit wider than SS's body
and it make the overall outlook of the neck, shoulder and head is more better than the SS's one (In cantonese, we're calling SS's body A字膊)
SS's body make the neck + head seem to be a little bit shorter when wearing the clothes

At position B
you can see the elbow joint of HT's body can keep closer to the body
and so it can make a more nature posing when comparing with SS's body,
here are the picutures showing how it's better

qkzone20081109134306-34453100-13751.jpg

qkzone20081109134333-26224000-13944.jpg

qkzone20081109135017-43058800-14601.jpg

So the only reason he changed it...is because the HT one is better? Thats good...no problems? Loose joints?

This is rather shocking and quite frustrating. One thing that has always bothered me with the Buck body is that the arms cannot hang down to the sides naturally. I always end up having to dremel the torso.:banghead I cannot believe Sideshow did not correct this on the Prometheus. :slap

Last edited:
In that last pic it looks like he's had to use sticky tac to get Indy to hold his whip properly (at least I think that's what that little bit of green/blue is that I can see). Although it also seems like he's using the gun grip hand to do it, so there might be another one that has a better fit.

I'm going back and forth on the likeness. The last pic seems pretty good, the middle one I think the likeness is hardly there at all, and the first is somewhere in between. MaulFan, I think you might have your work cut out for you taking great pictures of this figure!

I dunno. After viewing his explanation, he seems a bit OCD to me. There's no gradual slope from Indy's neck to his shoulders and the shoulders bulge out as if he's shrugging. The Pro body looks just fine and putting him on the HotToys body seems to emphasize the shoulder issue that the TrueType has, vs. make Indy look more realistic.

Great sculpt, even with these awful bad photos he keeps the difficult to catch Ford likeness :)

I wonder if this is the end of the Arnie Kim Indy reign.

I actually prefer the production paint apps to the prototype (the paint on which I thought was blech). And we KNOW that Trevor's sculpt is a masterpiece... we've seen the unpainted pictures. And these latest pics are not that great. None of them. I have no doubt whatsoever that this will look just fine in-hand. People need to lighten up.

That said, I don't know if it's the pics (lighting, etc)... but it's possible that the pants may be the wrong color for ROTLA Indy. They should be more tan/brown than gray (which is TOD/TLC color) but I guess we'll see. At least we know for sure they fixed the color of the web belt.

In any case, I can't wait to futz and weather mine properly. It's going to go from looking like a toy to looking like a 1/6 Indy right out of the film. :rock

Reply by Joo from Toy-world.com.hk, gotta thank him for the detailed comparison and explanation on why he changed the body.

For position A
and it make the overall outlook of the neck, shoulder and head is more better than the SS's one (In cantonese, we're calling SS's body A字膊)
SS's body make the neck + head seem to be a little bit shorter when wearing the clothes

At position B

Okay, these look better to me - specifically, the likeness. I struggled at first to see the personality in it, but now I'm realising it's:

'Ford just as he's thinking of a smart-ass remark but before he's actually said it'. You see a lot of it in Empire when he's talking to Leia.

But the paint job still looks like ^^^^ to me which is worrying when you consider those pics look like they were taken in natural light. And the eyes are too doll-like.

I can see now that it will look a lot better with a repaint, it's just a bit annoying that I have to go and pay someone to do that. I never have to have my HT's figures repainted for me to be happy with them.

So yeah, the more pics I see the more I like it, and for the price point its fine. But why aren't SSC's paint jobs better? Would it raise the cost of the figure significantly? Are HT's paint apps done in a different way that costs more?

For position A

At position B

Indy's shirt doesn't look as pure white in those pictures which good.

Looking at this image, the Prometheus has a better male body shape. While yes, the TT can get even closer up to the body and it'll make for some interesting poses, it's not anatomically accurrate, so I imagine the Pro body should be cabaple of achieving any pose the male human body is able to, so the only question regarding a swap now is, what's the joint quality like. If the joints hold up to TT quality, I will not swap.

As for his gloved hand needing help to hold the whip, I can see that being a bummer for some folks, but as far as I know, Indy doesn't use the whip while he's wearing the gloves.

These are the most flattering photos yet and the paint job doesn't look bad at all. If mine ends up looking the same, I will be one very happy camper.

Back