Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's mostly true, but I think this is one of those Figs that is universally anticipated. Toys2 is selling them and I'm sure quite a few Asian dealers too..

Well, let's hope they show him then, they usually have top notch photos there.

Is there any difference between the fertility idol that comes with Indy and the one with Belloq Ex.? I read some posts mentioning that the Belloq Ex. one is metal. Is that true? I don't see any specs written about it on Sideshow's site.

throwmetheidol has more pics up.

And they actually aren't that flattering. Looks like even Indy needs some futzing.

robert_sideshow12_06.JPG

robert_sideshow12_02.JPG

Pics show that the pieces look nice, but poor posing display, no clue as to the quality of the Pro based on these images, may as well be a Buck in them.

throwmetheidol has more pics up.

Those pics are really awful, high flash, unfocused, unfutzed, really unrepresentative images of the figure...looks like a 4th Grader took them...

I would like to see some decent pics taken in natural light...

Yeah...cheers to the photographer for sharing but the lighting is so harsh it's hard to see much. He's definitely straight out of the box.

They look as though they've been taken in order to show how bad he looks. Anybody experienced in the 1/6 world knows that it would have taken only a minute or two to get him set up properly.

This isn't on the Medicom web site is it?

:rotfl Please, don't even start...

I may have come off as harsh, but I do believe a much better effort could have been made by that Photographer...

On the positive side, he took excellent "In Box" pics, probably the best idea of what the figure looks like in the box... oh well...

IMG_8605.jpg

Is the hat lined? I thought it was to be a solid bottomed hat.

Actually pjam, given the quality of the shots of Indy in the blister on the table or whatever, I'd say the loose shots and that one image are the same photographer, the in box and package shots are from the eBay auction I posted images at the start of the thread from. What we need is photos shot by that person out of the box. They are the best shots we have so far though, and in the box he looks great.

I'm holding off final judgement until I see some high quality close-ups of the heads, but from the looks of things the non-hatted head is a better representation of Ford, which is a real shame since the iconic look for Indy is with the hat on. In those last couple of pics the pants /legs look huge too.

Actually pjam, given the quality of the shots of Indy in the blister on the table or whatever, I'd say the loose shots and that one image are the same photographer, the in box and package shots are from the eBay auction I posted images at the start of the thread from. What we need is photos shot by that person out of the box. They are the best shots we have so far though, and in the box he looks great.

Yes, I forgot.. I even posted that picture here on SSF first so yes, it is not the same photographer... that was indeed the ebay guy... and the figure looks terrific in the box as shown.. I agree...

IMG_8605.jpg

So, those other shots just plain suk then... :lol

I never really realized just how many things he came with before seeing the in-box pics.

Especially all eight of those hands.

I'm surprised the praise the non-hatted head is getting over the hatted, as far as I know, it's the same portrait, they just permanently molded a hat to one for the casting where the other has the hair originally sculpted by Trev.

I'm surprised the praise the non-hatted head is getting over the hatted, as far as I know, it's the same portrait, they just permanently molded a hat to one for the casting where the other has the hair originally sculpted by Trev.

It might just be that the non-hatted head is letting light fall on the face in a way that is producing better/more realistic shadows? I don't think we've seen a good enough shot of either head to say anything definite about the quality of the final casting or paint job though.

It is nice to see in the packaged shot that Indy's eyes definitely have white whites. The shots I've seen of SSC's latest 1/6 (the most recent Luke being the worst example I can think of) have gone for a far too pink/yellow hue and they've blended into the face too much. It doesn't look like that will be as much of a problem here.

Back