Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People are swapping out the shoes and body already? Wassup witdat?

Well, the body is swapped and the shoes are a necessity. As far as I know, HT doesn't make figures where feet go in the shoes, even Joker has a ball joint in his, so the TT feet don't easily go into 1/6 shoes from SSC, ran into that with the Giles shoes.

Hopefully, the body is a personal preference or very nitpicky decision and not a totally necessity. However, it's good to know how nicely the Indy clothes fit on a TT body should we choose to do that. I worried they would be made to fit the Pro specifically and not fit the TT nicely, but looks just fine.

May I also nitpick further? The gun belt is wrong. There is no metal keeper. The jacket shouldn't have "snaps" on the storm flap. Ah, I don't know. Maybe I am being too overcritical of the details. But I am, after all, a gear head.:lol

i hope so too i don't want to buy an extra body as the only hot toys figure i have is technically my dads and i doubt he'd want to strip it and switxh the bodies considering how long it took him to set that figure up...

i still wanna know how the joints are on the new body. so far SS is 2for2 when it comes to loose joints on new bodies.

Indeed. I'll be switching to a TT if the arms aren't able to nicely sustain cool gun and whip poses.

Well, the body is swapped and the shoes are a necessity. As far as I know, HT doesn't make figures where feet go in the shoes, even Joker has a ball joint in his, so the TT feet don't easily go into 1/6 shoes from SSC, ran into that with the Giles shoes.

Hopefully, the body is a personal preference or very nitpicky decision and not a totally necessity. However, it's good to know how nicely the Indy clothes fit on a TT body should we choose to do that. I worried they would be made to fit the Pro specifically and not fit the TT nicely, but looks just fine.

Unless you're talking of something else, the True-Type does indeed have feet.

ref2-9069.jpg

They used to always have the feet going into the shoes, its just that more recently they have just been using the ball joint at the end of the ankle instead of using the feet as well...helps the poseability a little better.

Perhaps the shoes didn't fit with the Truetype feet?

Good to see Indy does look great with a Truetype body though. His headsculpt looks good but I don't see much scruff on the hat head.

I said the TT feet didn't fit in shoes, it seems with the TT, they just swap out the foot for a shoe.

One more thing to note, the person mentioned that the SS hands dont really fit with the True Type body and he used some sticky tack to secure them in place.

Another thing if u want to switch the body.

The jacket turned out a lot better than the proto. The whole outfit in general looks great.

Can't wait for better pics.

BTW, those of you worried about the "shiny" nature of some of the stuff in the pics should be aware that a little weathering would easily take care of that (and make it look more like Indy anyway). I can't wait to work with this thing when I get it. :rock

I said the TT feet didn't fit in shoes, it seems with the TT, they just swap out the foot for a shoe.

Yes, that is true, with a lot of recent figures they have just been swapping out the foot with the shoe that has the ball-shaped "cup" molded in the bottom.

Recent example are the Colonial Marines I believe. Wave 1 figures (Hicks,Apone,etc.) had the feet there go in the boots. The Wave 2 ones (Hudson, Drake,etc.) had that cup molded in the bottom of the boots.

ps. the next person who calls gandAlf, gandOlf, is in for it. i'm gonna reach through the computer and ^^^^^ slap you.
slap.gif

Wor-Gar.... better watch out. I see a sissy slapfest in your future! :p

Man, too excited over images to notice the subtle things. So the great poses aren't done with the Pro body, I'm anxious to know why the swap, particularly since getting shoes for the HT body will be a pain, I hope there isn't a strong reason to swap.

I'm guessing probably just personal preference or perhaps he has other customs on the TrueType that don't match the Pro?

The TT feet fit quite happily into boots and shoes. I've a few set up like that. Several Hot Toys figures now come with boots instead of feet, presumably to save money, and perhaps the scale is more accurate like that.

Yes and no. It depends on the manufacturer of the 1:6 shoes. Case in point. Many of us getting this figure are taking the extra head and tossing it on a TrueType. With Giles' clothes and glasses, instant Professor Jones. However, Giles' shoes don't fit on the TrueType as the feet of the TT are too big.

Back