Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have happily have pre-ordered a Hot Toys skiff guard Lando (assuming they nailed the sculpt and outfit), but the Sideshow version? Honestly, I'll wait and judge the production piece when it hits, but right now I'm just not really feeling it for a number of reasons. I mean sure, the proto is pretty good by their standards, but their standards rarely meet my standards, particularly when it comes to human sculpts and likenesses, where there's far less wriggle room for me, personally. So for me the wait for Lando continues.

I just hope this Sideshow Lando isn't the reason we didn't see a Hot Toys version of the character, ala the Hot Toys Snowtrooper Commander. I want my Hot Toys Billy Dee, damn it! :lol

Another Star Wars figure Hot Toys will do better in the future. Stopped buy Sideshow Star Wars figures years ago after Hot Toys got the green light.

I'm going to make my call now.

Sideshow EX will be the unmasked head and will carry a $20 to $30 upcharge.

That's why they said helneted sculpt - the wide release will only have that.

Photos by Jon Deak:

37395504_255451761709334_7332649964830457856_n.jpg

37520428_255451791709331_6455304127554519040_n.jpg

37531253_255451871709323_1480613323014668288_n.jpg

This looks very cool. Wasn’t expecting this so soon. I still kinda wish Hot Toys was doing the humans, while Sideshow concentrated on aliens and droids.
Somebody mentioned the Max Rebo Band earlier....hell yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To be fair, the sculpt does look pretty good with the helmet on. I doubt production looks like that though.

Looking very nice.:clap

Just a sad thing we couldn't have gotten this 5-7 years ago because the outfit would have been pretty close in quality but the price would have been half.

This is the problem for SSC going forward - it's the second tier characters they do best and should focus on, but there's only so many people will pay $250 for.

In that limited range they probably have a few - Ackbar, Greedo, maybe Rebel Soldier Hoth (human face though) but the list gets pretty thin from there.

To me it's pretty clear. With the Jabba piece, SS will do the surrounding character lineup, just like they did with the Bounty Hunters. It also gives HT & collectors a clear indication of where they are going. And to decide if you're up for spending probably $2000+ for a full set.

As far as Lando, this is the perfect piece for SS as it's a masked figure. We (and SS) know their sculpts are nowhere near HT.

This leaves full face sculpt versions eg. Bespin to HT which will come later. (with cape :lol)

All that said it's definitely a nice piece ! Photo again for awesomeness.

1125_previewbanner_100426_LandoFig.jpg

To me it's pretty clear. With the Jabba piece, SS will do the surrounding character lineup, just like they did with the Bounty Hunters. It also gives HT & collectors a clear indication of where they are going. And to decide if you're up for spending probably $2000+ for a full set.

As far as Lando, this is the perfect piece for SS as it's a masked figure. We (and SS) know their sculpts are nowhere near HT.

This leaves full face sculpt versions eg. Bespin to HT which will come later. (with cape :lol)

All that said it's definitely a nice piece ! Photo again for awesomeness.

View attachment 419254

I hope this is the scenario. I’m mostly into these side characters and aliens and this would be the way to get them. 🤞

On a side note, and not that it would be near the top of anyone's wish list, but has any company ever made a version of Lando's Ewok celebration outfit in any scale? Pretty certain the answer's no!

On a side note, and not that it would be near the top of anyone's wish list, but has any company ever made a version of Lando's Ewok celebration outfit in any scale? Pretty certain the answer's no!

Isn't that just his General uniform, minus the cape?

I'm totally fine with this and will be picking it up for sure, I just hope HT releases Bespin Lando. SS's Lando was one of their better SW sculpts and this will have the helmet. I just hope Sideshow has switched its human(oid) head sculpts to HT size like everyone else instead of the giant bobbleheads.

I think it's a great idea/strategy for SS to build around Jabba's palace. Now that I think about it, it's actually somewhat similar to how they tackled the bounty hunters.
Assuming that is the plan, I'd like to see
  • Oola (HT size head and seamless body)
  • Rancor
  • Slave Leia (HT size head, seamless body)
  • Max Rebo Band (original)
  • re-releases of Bib Fortuna and Boushh Leia

I'm totally fine with this and will be picking it up for sure, I just hope HT releases Bespin Lando. SS's Lando was one of their better SW sculpts and this will have the helmet. I just hope Sideshow has switched its human(oid) head sculpts to HT size like everyone else instead of the giant bobbleheads.

I think it's a great idea/strategy for SS to build around Jabba's palace. Now that I think about it, it's actually somewhat similar to how they tackled the bounty hunters.
Assuming that is the plan, I'd like to see
  • Oola (HT size head and seamless body)
  • Rancor
  • Slave Leia (HT size head, seamless body)
  • Max Rebo Band (original)
  • re-releases of Bib Fortuna and Boushh Leia

Bib is definitely due for an upgrade.

I was really excited for this figure and had planned to get it until I saw it was sideshow and not Hot Toys. I think I'll just wait for HT to do a Lando.

Back