Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chest armor seems awfully undersized. The oval part isn't much smaller than Leia's face in this movie screenshot. Maybe it's the body SS is using that's too big/wide. Or maybe both. :dunno

SSLandoComp01.jpg

If both companies' figures cost roughly the same now, I wish SS would just do what many here have suggested and let HT handle the main characters while they focus on background characters (aliens, droids, etc.). HT has superior accuracy and detail, which matters more when it comes to main characters like this.

The chest armor seems awfully undersized. The oval part isn't much smaller than Leia's face in this movie screenshot. Maybe it's the body SS is using that's too big/wide. Or maybe both. :dunno

View attachment 419134

If both companies' figures cost roughly the same now, I wish SS would just do what many here have suggested and let HT handle the main characters while they focus on background characters (aliens, droids, etc.). HT has superior accuracy and detail, which matters more when it comes to main characters like this.

Looks like the body is too big rather than the armor being too small.... or maybe both.

It will look like a toy as opposed to the hot toys man in a suit.
The comparison pic is glaring with the armor.

I think it looks fantastic, even with the armor size discrepancy but I'm with Wor-Gar: Bespin Lando or Bust!

If I had or was getting the Jabba set, this would be a no-brainer, though.

I feel nothing. Punch in the **** to be honest. They know we are craving Lando and the wrong company serves this up.

Not that I’d ever expect him to be made but while we’re talking about Skiff Guards I always liked this guy. One of my favorite Star Wars figures as a kid for some reason.

latest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with you Johnny Utah.
My first reaction was at least we got a lando, but the wrong company made him for sure. I bet he is 250 or more and will have issues. Hot toys isn’t perfect, but I have way more faith in them than ss. Oh well, I’ll see how much he is and how he looks in the promo pics.

Hot toys should get their revenge ASAP for the ss Jedi Luke debacle and preorder their own skiff lando.

Normally I’d agree with you and I’ve given Sideshow plenty of criticism, but I don’t mind them doing this. For one it’s something new rather than a re-release of one of their older figures and it’s not something that’s off the wall and makes no sense as something like their Jedi Luke or Yoda which have both been done better by Hot Toys, Sideshow should focus on smaller characters or if they insist on main characters do something like this that may not be first choice for Hot Toys to make.

Normally I’d agree with you and I’ve given Sideshow plenty of criticism, but I don’t mind them doing this. For one it’s something new rather than a re-release of one of their older figures and it’s not something that’s off the wall and makes no sense as something like their Jedi Luke or Yoda which have both been done better by Hot Toys, Sideshow should focus on smaller characters or if they insist on main characters do something like this that may not be first choice for Hot Toys to make.

Exactly! ...and btw, all the latest SSC SW figures I have bought have been pretty good. Pricey, but good.

Well this just made my preorder of jabba so much more exciting. Day 1 order for me.
I agree with most on here, this is the best release so far from the show!

Back