Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not upset. This is a figure I want but I'm being realistic based on how they've price their figures recently. The fact that this is a bigger character like Maul or Luke leads me to believe it'll be more. $250 is just my guess, maybe $240.

0e65d447f6c2b2859da46d2debf35e2b.jpgcea2983560fa20d855b11efe3bd82fb9.jpga35d98e4673bc9b83e203b3763011241.jpg

Anyone notice that the Jabba throne looks identical to the poly stone original? Wonder if that’s the final material?

Hard to tell with the mask but with the little I can see, don’t see BDW. I am considering this but I imagine it will be over priced.

Hard to tell with the mask but with the little I can see, don’t see BDW. I am considering this but I imagine it will be over priced.

No less than $230, no more than $255. I guess that averages out to be either $240 or $245. Amazing to think that's where we are - no helmetless head, somewhat second-tier outfit for Lando and it's $250 range. Remarkable that seven years ago it would have been exactly half that number - and not noticeably less quality (given the head is covered.)

But yeah, that close-up earlier really didn't look like BDW to me, but it was hard to say and the mask certainly covers the whole face so I guess it doesn't matter a huge amount - the reason SSC chose not to offer a non-helmet head.

In some ways I'm happy SSC did this, because if it was HT, there'd be a risk it would never PO - I can't think of a fig SSC showed like this but never POed, but HT has done it on many figures.

Well but Sideshow also releases considerably less in terms of sixth scale figures than Hot Toys too. I think Hot Toys runs into the problem of always having something in production, especially with Marvel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's odd because their original Lando sculpt was one of the best SW sculpts they ever did - really well done (and even the paint was a bit better than the way their apps were back then.) It was definitely too big, but you could almost redo that head with better paint apps if the helmet is glued on.

This definitely looks like a removable mask :dunno

This is exactly like Snowspeeder Luke. Maybe you can take off the helmet, but with SS headsculpt would you really want to ?

Sorry, but they are just way behind in the HS department imo. The rest looks great !

I'd want at least one of these with the helmet on.

So if HT decided to make one in a few years time that'll be the option to have a second figure without the helmet.

The mentality of some people. :ohbfrank:
People are angry at Sideshow for delivering on a much requested character instead of being angry at Hot Toys for not making the attempt. :rotfl

I'm starting to hate this hobby.

Pretty excited for this release... I'd certainly like HT to put out a new Bespin Lando, but in the meantime I'll definitely be adding this guy to the collection.

Well, Hot Toys don’t do many niche characters/costumes, so why can’t people just be a little excited... the chance of HT doing this is tiny, so if SSC didn’t do it no one would. And the hate is out of proportion.

like the 500 versions of iron man and the porcelain and gold stormtroopers? you mean they dont make things like that?

a bedpan lando would sell like a mother ****er.

i left bedpan because it made me laugh. auto correct is awesome sometime.

like the 500 versions of iron man and the porcelain and gold stormtroopers? you mean they dont make things like that?

a bedpan lando would sell like a mother ****er.

i left bedpan because it made me laugh. auto correct is awesome sometime.

Well, unfortunately if we get an Ep IX Lando he will likely become either Depends or bedpan Lando.

Back