Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would only get one Lando, and these are my order of choices:

First - Bespin Lando - classic Lando

2nd - General Lando

3rd - Skiff Lando - who saves no one and falls overboard to be saved by a blind man

I'd have to go with General Lando, or even the Falcon pilot costume he seems to have stolen to become "Land Solo" over the Bespin outfit. I know the Bespin outfit is from the holiest of holy, ESB, but it's one of the few costumes in the OT that is a distractingly bad, obvious 1970's costume.

I love that a Skiff Lando is coming, it's a killer costume and perfect if you love the Jabba set up. I probably would have preferred HT do it, just for the better headsculpt, but at this point, I'll take it either way. I REALLY hope this is a hint that SSC is going to do the other skiff guards. Pleeeease, baby Jesus.

Normally I’d agree with you and I’ve given Sideshow plenty of criticism, but I don’t mind them doing this. For one it’s something new rather than a re-release of one of their older figures and it’s not something that’s off the wall and makes no sense as something like their Jedi Luke or Yoda which have both been done better by Hot Toys, Sideshow should focus on smaller characters or if they insist on main characters do something like this that may not be first choice for Hot Toys to make.

Agreed. And if the headsculpt does suck, you can just replace it with the HT version when that gets released later on. Although I wouldn't want to display this without the helmet anyway.

I don’t think Lando’s Bespin outfit has aged more than any of the other comics really. It’s just a silky blue shirt pretty much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really think Sideshow should put this up as soon as possible and strike while the iron is hot. This is probably the second most excited I am about a reveal at SDCC this year (first being Bespin Gown Leia). I’m surprised to say that this kinda came out of nowhere and is a cool reveal. Judging by the traffic in this thread I think a lot of us want it even if we wish it was by Hot Toys instead.

I think it looks pretty good - I hope SSC has more to offer from Jabba's Palace (Weequay, Ree-Yees or Squidhead would be most welcome and SSC always rocks the alien/creature characters).

It is a little amusing that HT has teased NOTHING for Lando (Bespin classic or Solo-centric) - everyone's right - Sideshow better get the lead out and put this up!

True... because this iron will cool quickly. Not sure it can survive a year and a half delivery time.
Exactly. When Sideshow hits with something like this they need to move on it because Hot Toys will reveal a bunch more by the end of the year which will be more tempting.

SS is pushing the figures that support Jabba diorama. Look for Bib and Oola any day now. Lol

Me: looks at the preorder price with shock...
SS: “No, wait! I thought you were blind!”

SS is pushing the figures that support Jabba diorama. Look for Bib and Oola any day now. Lol
Honestly it would make sense. I’m still not really ready to drop so much on Jabba and the throne but putting more out to go with it could entice me. Ultimately I’d still rather wait on Hot Toys doing a Jabba but I’d hate for them not to do him and miss out again and have to pay even more in the aftermarket.

Wow, the second huge SW 1/6 surprise for me from SDCC (Leia Bespin being the other.) Great to see SSC finally doing a figure they should have done years ago - I'm in. And fortunately I never started on my Lando Skiff custom.

Interesting about no helmet-free head - my guess is SSC has finally read the writing on the wall (or the hundreds of complaint comments on here) and given up on human heads. Bit of a pity as this figure with him holding the helmet would have been a natural display option.

The question is price - will SSC jump this up to $240 or above? My guess is once it passes $220, you lose about 2/3s of the buyers given it's Sideshow, and a second tier outfit for some.

Truthfully if there’s one sculpt only and it has the helmet permanently attached I don’t mind in this case. I’d always keep it on him anyways. I will say the old Sideshow Lando is actually decent for it’s time from what I’ve seen of it (as far as the head sculpt).

Truthfully if there’s one sculpt only and it has the helmet permanently attached I don’t mind in this case. I’d always keep it on him anyways. I will say the old Sideshow Lando is actually decent for it’s time from what I’ve seen of it (as far as the head sculpt).

It's a great figure, though the head is oversized by maybe 20% over HT heads of today. It also has the "mid-era" SSC paint apps where it's not those old fashioned orange skin tone eye-dot SSC style of the mid 2000's, but also not close to the most recent "somewhat closer to HT" quality of figs like TOD Indy.

Photo of face sculpt behind the mask via Dale Pecson on Facebook:
37386422_10155554047942374_2198836639222988800_n.jpg

Hmm. What you can see doesn't exactly scream BDW, but its pretty obscured.

A bit strange that there's 2 or 3 Sideshow employees on hand for that figure reveal video, yet none of them even know if the helmet comes off. Sometimes Sideshow seems to be a company with like 20 employees that all hang out together, other times it seems there's like 150 and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I mean that's a pretty basic question.

It's a very nice looking figure so far, so excited to see more. A nice return to form for Sideshow, and hopefully this means we'll be getting more well-suited Sideshow figure choices like creatures, Jabba's Palace, cantina, robots etc. and not tit-for-tat inferior releases in the shadow of HT like the recent Yoda and upcoming Luke Jedi.

I really wish this figure was announced and was available to ship in two weeks like the Yoda was. What a bizarre one-off that situation was - my guess is with lando we're back to announcement, wait a month or two for PO, then it ships 14-18 months after announcement.

Lmao that sculpt is terrible:lol armor looks good tho. But these sideshow figures are the flimsiest of the flimsy. Pass

Back