Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mentality of some people. :ohbfrank:
People are angry at Sideshow for delivering on a much requested character instead of being angry at Hot Toys for not making the attempt. :rotfl

I'm starting to hate this hobby.

Yup, me too. That and the crazy price hikes. :lol

Can't wait for this Lando though and I'm sure most of us who order will be happy in the end. I still like the original Bespin Lando considering when it was made and comparing it to the Luke and Han attempts it was worlds apart.

Gonna pass. Not the version of Lando I'm looking for and would rather have a HT version.

The mentality of some people. :ohbfrank:
People are angry at Sideshow for delivering on a much requested character instead of being angry at Hot Toys for not making the attempt. :rotfl

I'm starting to hate this hobby.
In fairness Sideshow I think has turned a lot of people off with not so great releases priced at or above typical Hot Toys prices. I think the mindset is justified to a degree because generally Hot Toys releases are better in my opinion. I am willing to give this figure a fair shot and an excited about it myself though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fairness Sideshow I think has turned a lot of people off with not so great releases priced at or above typical Hot Toys prices. I think the mindset is justified to a degree because generally Hot Toys releases are better in my opinion. I am willing to give this figure a fair shot and an excited about it myself though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it’s their human sculpts that really take the figures down a couple notches. And the higher prices definitely don’t help. The Hoth Luke, Han, Red Five Luke and Snowspeeder Luke are really bad. Leave any helmets on and they look really nice.

I’m excited about this one because overall it looks absolutely fantastic. And I expect the typical crummy sculpt but not a problem since I’ll be leaving the helmet on all the time anyways. I just hope the outfit quality doesn’t drop too much. They usually do well with armored figures though.

helmet on, standing next to v1 jabba sounds good to me. stoked for this guy!

Would love a bespin lando with his hands out tho, like ayyyy solooo sup bro lulz

Same with me. HT will do Bespin Lando in blue cape and all. That will be the one to get.

We get a Leia Bespin but no Han Bespin. What do you think that means for a HT Lando?

The issue becomes - at what age do you want to have a somewhat "complete" collection of 1/6 heroes? Holding out until 2025? It's only seven years, right? Maybe 2028?:lol

Like people scorned the Luke Snowspeeder, saying HT was just about to do it. Well, it's a pretty awesome fig with the helmet on and I've now enjoyed it on display for well over a year. Even if HT had just shown it at SDCC, it wouldn't be in-hand until mid to late 2019. And they didn't show it, and probably won't show it next year either.

There are many things that I despise about SSC, but if a character comes up, I will pull the trigger, even if "technically" I am done with them as a company and buy reluctantly.

This is the only version of Lando I would be interested in from HT and no more than a $219.99. If you can’t meet my demands then I’m out!!!

Yeah, it’s their human sculpts that really take the figures down a couple notches. And the higher prices definitely don’t help. The Hoth Luke, Han, Red Five Luke and Snowspeeder Luke are really bad. Leave any helmets on and they look really nice.

I’m excited about this one because overall it looks absolutely fantastic. And I expect the typical crummy sculpt but not a problem since I’ll be leaving the helmet on all the time anyways. I just hope the outfit quality doesn’t drop too much. They usually do well with armored figures though.

Yup with those other figures it was a much bigger issue for me that you couldn't use the helmetless sculpts, as it was just as important a look for them in my view. But with this figure the default and coolest look would obviously be with the helmet on.

Yeah, it’s their human sculpts that really take the figures down a couple notches. And the higher prices definitely don’t help.

What a truly bizarre thing for a 1/6 manufacturer to struggle with year after year - human sculpts.:rotfl

And to have a company that struggles with human sculpts... also charge a bit more $$$ than (almost) anyone else in the 1/6 game makes it even stranger.:dunno

I'm sure it's on someone's list to make. I just hope it'll be HT so I can actually display it without the helmet.

Other than Jedi’s, I never display the headsculpts anyway, but it’s always good to have. My upgraded V1 does a good job of just being looked at but I’d like to get a version that can be put in more dynamic poses. Her helmet crumbled when I replaced it with the Tony helmet a few months ago:lol

This one's nice! I hope at some point, if we haven't already, there'll be a GENERAL LANDO figure!

Even if this was a HT release I'd pass more than likely. I hope they helmet is actually removable. It's a pretty bad indication of their confidence in the sculpt and their production if not.

Even if this was a HT release I'd pass more than likely. I hope they helmet is actually removable. It's a pretty bad indication of their confidence in the sculpt and their production if not.

Reportedly, Sideshow will give this two heads, one with and one without the helmet.

Back