Sideshow 1:1 Full Size Hulk Bust Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it could have been a tad bigger but not much... Lee and kirby's Hulk was 6'10"-7' max. The Hulk bust proportion of the head are still bigger than Spidey, But I agree that its slightly not big enough.

Thanks Shai. To be more specific ...

In character, the Hulks head really never grows much, in proportion to the rest of the body. Or does it just change shape?

If it does not grow much, then maybe SS got the scale right at least. I look at the PF Hulk, and the head definitely is smaller in prop to the rest of the body, at least that's how I remember the Hulk.

Thanks Shai. To be more specific ...

In character, the Hulks head really never grows much, in proportion to the rest of the body. Or does it just change shape?

If it does not grow much, then maybe SS got the scale right at least. I look at the PF Hulk, and the head definitely is smaller in prop to the rest of the body, at least that's how I remember the Hulk.

Which head? Oh nm this is about the bust.... oops.

This is why they fail

hulkvswolverine.jpg

hulkvswolverine2.jpg

looks good, though like you said with comparing it side by side with others the teeth do stick out quite badly.
i think even some shading between the teeth to show a bit of depth and possibly grit/grime would make them look more realistic like Thing's teeth.
congrats on the great piece though.

EDIT: btw are you getting the Wolverine bust also, since i think the teeth on him also stick out. Thor on the other hand looks to be one of the best in the line IMO.

Thanks Quad, and yes, I think shading would go a long way on the teeth. I am wondering about the teeth on the Wolverine, and if they are like the Hulks, I may have to rethink it.

Thor does look great in the line, but I have decided not to purchase as I have decided I would not collect Thor at this time.

Are you getting the Wolvey or Thor bust?

I think whenever I get mine I will add the shading to the teeth myself as well, I think it will be an easy fix but I do agree with you that they need some depth.

Does it not bug anyone who bought this that Hulks head is smaller than all others in this line? Why is Spider man bigger than Hulk?
1:1 my A$$...

Chris

I would say that it's not necessarily bigger but it's definitely taller.

Skiman

This is why they fail

hulkvswolverine.jpg

hulkvswolverine2.jpg

Ok, that puts into perspective for that era of Hulk for sure.

I think whenever I get mine I will add the shading to the teeth myself as well, I think it will be an easy fix but I do agree with you that they need some depth.

I would say that it's not necessarily bigger but it's definitely taller.

Skiman

Ski, looking at the Wolvie, I feel confident that the teeth, will really look like teeth.

I agree with your perspective on size of the Hulk head and Spidey.

Ski, you good at sculpts? Or you a painter on sculpts? I think shading on the Hulk teeth will go a long way. I think they actually need to be spaced to make them look like teeth. But will shading accomplish this?

Ski, you good at sculpts? Or you a painter on sculpts? I think shading on the Hulk teeth will go a long way. I think they actually need to be spaced to make them look like teeth. But will shading accomplish this?

Actually dabbled in the both scuplting and painting, although if you add the gaps between the teeth it will make them smaller, just saying I know that's basically taking for granted.

I think something very subtle like this with the teeth would add a lot of depth/realism. Maybe even less than this, but its just an example (hope its ok I used your pic):

SSHulkBustLifesize010.jpg

I think something very subtle like this with the teeth would add a lot of depth/realism. Maybe even less than this, but its just an example (hope its ok I used your pic):

I saw him at the LCS and the teeth just look wrong IMO, the LSB looks better, Someone will upgrade the teeth and he will look Great :exactly:

I don't know guys, I think the teeth are just going to have to be redone to get the job done right.

Take a look at the Hulk's teeth on Fuzzylojiks pic of the hulk just above this post ... THAT is what the teeth should look like IMO.

OR

Take a look at the teeth on the SS Hulk PF ... that one is a Kirby Hulk representation, and that type of style teeth would be perfect also.

What these teeth need is a wash of Sepia from Citadel paints (games workshop) and then a gloss over the top. But in saying that, having to fix teeth on a statue that is going to set me back $800 australian when it gets here is totall CRAP!!!

Nuts, this bust looking worse and worse by the seconds!!! Even Shai is droping it like a bridge. Plz SS, put it on sale and a gift along with it?

Back