Sicario - Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro, Josh Brolin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronFingaz

GO CELTICS!!!
Reaction score

Directed by Denis Villeneuve (Prisoners)

Director of Photography by Roger Deakins

sicarioposter.jpg

Last edited:
This is gonna be one of the best films of the year. Denis is a brilliant director.

I can't wait to catch this on opening night. I think DV is one of the best directors working today. Blade Runner is definitely in good hands.

One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
Simple but so intense and great characters!!

Blade Runner is really really really in good hands.
Damn i cant wait.

EXACTLY! Only studio tinkering can destroy it. Villeneuve and Deakins have the potential to make a film that rivals or even surpasses the original. Sicario is right up there with Fury Road and The Martian as getting on my short list for best of the year. Go SEE IT!

Sicario is right up there with Fury Road ....!

WHAT!? Now hold on... I enjoyed this movie as stated but its NO Fury Road. :lol

Fury Road is a masterpiece. Sicario sounds and looks great... but if you really stop to think about it, makes no sense. It's definitely a film that you get "caught up in" because it feels so real. Quite a silly plan though and quite an unrealistic ending in truth.

WHAT!? Now hold on... I enjoyed this movie as stated but its NO Fury Road. :lol

Fury Road is a masterpiece. Sicario sounds and looks great... but if you really stop to think about it, makes no sense. It's definitely a film that you get "caught up in" because it feels so real. Quite a silly plan though and quite an unrealistic ending in truth.

I agree one hundred percent. I loved it, maybe the authenticity of it. As Mexican-American, this film had me going; but honestly I even think Emily Blunt wasn't even necessary for the film. It almost would have been best with her and Reggie completely omitted.

Overall for me if this was some sort of cartel revenge film, kind of like Kevin Bacon in "Death Sentence", it would have been great.

I'd rate it a 75/100, but FR was easily a 99/100 for me.

Blunt wasn't even necessary for the film.

Without giving too much away, yes... I had the same feeling by the end. Opening scene was amazing, but after that she became "the observer" and almost completely changed. The finale was incredibly simplistic and unrealistic (granted satisfying in a way)... the final scene was what I would call silly. To be vague: no way they would need that 'item' to the point of a pistol.

I didnt see it as "needing that item" to the point of a pistol as much of a realization of what Blunts character was really into and how she didnt fit the bill.
Plus what Benico's character was capable of as the cherry on top.
A send off.
Now I enjoyed fury road very much but I can't compare it to this and say yea that movie makes so much more sense in terms of plot.
It's sci go fantasy and cimtamaticly beautiful!
I thought this film is the same and just more grounded in real world elements.

I hear they're planning a sequel/prequel of Medellín. :thud: oh lawd yes.

I actually think Sicario might be better than Fury Road. but they're both completely different movies so I don't need to make them compete.

Back