Sicario 2: Soldado - Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Wind River, Sheridan should just direct as well. His Frontier Trilogy is a nice breath of fresh air.

I remember when the story came out that he asked to be written off Sons of Anarchy, I was just like "You dummy".

Boy, was I wrong.

Going to see this today. I don't expect it to be better than the 1st one but hopefully it'll hold its own.

Saw it last night, and the ending was bleh (without getting into spoilers). It doesn't have the same bite as the first.

Saw it last night, and the ending was bleh (without getting into spoilers). It doesn't have the same bite as the first.

Agreed. Felt like they set up some high stakes and did not deliver on it while trying to set up a sequel at the end.

Agreed. Felt like they set up some high stakes and did not deliver on it while trying to set up a sequel at the end.

Saw it. It's ok. I was expecting a lot more. The first set such a high bar. Brolin and Del Toro do their best with the script but it didn't look or feel as good as the original. Then again it's hard to top the pairing of Villeneuve and Deakins.

Yup, gotta agree with you. The ending was too vague and felt incomplete. Not enough payout considering the stakes generated in the first 2/3 of the movie. This should have been a self contained movie with no concern about setting up a sequel.

I guy I know from work was an extra in this movie (in the conference room in a scene with Josh Brolin early in the film), so a bunch of us went to see it last night. Thought it was kind of blah. Seems like it set up a bunch of plotlines, and kept using them to jump into other plotlines without resolving the earlier ones. What happened to the terrorists early in the film? Starting a cartel war in Mexico? How did the coyote recognize Benicio Del Toro and the girl? Why did they decide that Witness Protection would be safer for her than just handing her back to her dad? The ending also really confused me.

Personally I really liked it. Not as Good as the first but still pretty darn good. It did leave me feeling a bit empty at the end....Guess I will have to wait for part 3. :)

I thought the ending was bleh on the first one too, so its consistent. These Sicario pix just don't deliver the mayhem promised. It's not Hispanic Dirty Harry -- but it should be.

Dirty Sanchez. Too easy.

Seems like the writers got too ambitious with the movie and realize they didn't have the budget for the third act. :lol

The more I think about the last scene the more it irritates me. Replacing the dialogue with a look would've made it more interesting - instead we get a sequel set-up line that belongs in a b-grade TV episode.

The more I think about the last scene the more it irritates me. Replacing the dialogue with a look would've made it more interesting - instead we get a sequel set-up line that belongs in a b-grade TV episode.

I just wanted that little creep dead... I am just going to assume that is what happened... "So you want to be a Sicario?" Bam!!!

No need for a part 3.

Back