SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Fair enough. :duff

Hopefully Toho's new one hits the ground running where it counts, major Kaiju/Military battles with atomic breath spamming kept to a minimum.

The occasional finishing move is ok. :lol

Laying eggs should be kept to a minimum too. :)

Godzilla's foot, trilobite easter eg on the tiny outter toe on the right.

11051824_725631750888395_1946747521546536375_n.jpg

SKREEONK.com HAS YOUR FIRST LOOK AT THE NEW TOHO GODZILLA and CONFIRMS THE WRITER/DIRECTOR AND SFX DIRECTOR! | SKREEONK!

That little toe is so effing creepy.

Hey, what the hell ever happened to jye? Guess he got over the godzilla hype lol

LOL

Godzilla for life. :)

Been busy with my Friday the 13th cast Screening Event.

Oh the headaches, but oh the fun. An emotional roller coaster to say the least.

Also busy writing my future horror movie, hopefully start filming by April 2016.

Lights, Camera, Action.

Godzilla will be an opening night for me.

Last edited:

Well congrats and keep your head up those things are never easy to get off the ground...never.

And unless you're in japan I dont think this will be an opening night show for you lol

I could see an American release of this in theaters, mainly to keep hype going for the 2018 film.

LOL

Godzilla for life. :)

Been busy with my Friday the 13th cast Screening Event.

Oh the headaches, but oh the fun. An emotional roller coaster to say the least.

Also busy writing my future horror movie, hopefully start filming by April 2016.

Lights, Camera, Action.

Godzilla will be an opening night for me.
So that's where you've been! Welcome back big boi. :lol

I could see an American release of this in theaters, mainly to keep hype going for the 2018 film.

Yeah I guess I could too. I just suspected a straight to blu ray release for us for some reason.

Project sounds interesting, very Heisei-ish.
I hope TOHO wants something diferent and nothing like the latest US crapfest.

I wonder if a U.S. release was even negotiated as part of the deal for Godzilla 2 and the additional monsters, like if Legendary supports Toho, they'll keep backing Legendary.

I'm surprised to see 0 discussion on who is behind this. :lol Anno Hideaki! The director of Neon Genesis Evangelion! Shinji Higuchi! The guy behind the VFX of Godzilla 84 and the 90ies Gamera movies! Both alone would be a major reason to get excited, but together? I think this has me way more excited then another Edwards movie.

Knowing someone from 84 is exciting but I really know nothing about them, I don't follow Gamera or any other Japanese cinema, but having the new design borrow from the 54 so closely is exciting.

I'm surprised to see 0 discussion on who is behind this. Anno Hideaki!
He haven't done much outside of Evangelion. And still, there are many-many problems with Evangelion.
He will write a dark and interesting story, that's the only thing to be sure.

Shinji Higuchi! The guy behind the VFX of Godzilla 84 and the 90ies Gamera movies!
He'll use practical FX where he can, which is awesome.
But his use of CG is not unique to the industry. Typical Japanese cheap jerky stuff.

I wonder why Japanese CGI is so behind the times, its like early 90s quality.

Yeah anything sfx related and toho I'm always a bit of a skeptic. Take GMK..I thought the practical fx were superb...the cgi was atrocious like most godzilla films. I never seen evenge...whatever its called lol

I wonder why Japanese CGI is so behind the times, its like early 90s quality.
I've seen a couple of recent Japanese fantasy films that were heavily CG laden, & one in particular was really well done.

Can't remember the name of it just now..

Yea what is with japenese movies and terrible cgi? It's not scifi movie bad but it still sorta lacks what Hollywood does

Back