SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

I'm surprised it was actually released for PS3, because it was well into the PS4's time on the market.

Head scratcher..

On a side note folks, has anyone played / own the recent Godzilla PS3 game?
Looks like something I'd enjoy.

If these guys wouldn't be able to get you excited for this POS...
I'd say get it really cheap because it's not good by any stretch, but an ok fun if you're a fan.

I'm surprised it was actually released for PS3, because it was well into the PS4's time on the market...
Because it's a PS1 game with PS2,5 gvaphics.

On a side note folks, has anyone played / own the recent Godzilla PS3 game?

Looks like something I'd enjoy. :lol

It is definitely a big pile of ****. But it's the kind you can't stop smelling for some odd reason. I'm still playing it and i'm about to platinum it :lol

It's about as simple as those old rampage games from the 80's-90's. Just do not pay full price for it.

Those buildings. :lol

Just like anything Godzilla one has to be pretty forgiving especially when it comes to Godzilla games so I'll pick it up once it drops to $5.00. :lol

What they were going for was at least ambitious, but the execution is just that, an execution. :lol

PS1 Gamera game (like Panzer Dragoon) was a great game.

Those buildings. :lol

Just like anything Godzilla one has to be pretty forgiving especially when it comes to Godzilla games so I'll pick it up once it drops to $5.00. :lol

What they were going for was at least ambitious, but the execution is just that, an execution. :lol

PS1 Gamera game (like Panzer Dragoon) was a great game.

Theres some decent stuff going on, and a lot of interesting fan details and eastereggs. You can rip mechagodzillas head off if you grab him when his health is low. If you fight jet jaguar 3 times in the campaign, the final time will end with a handshake between him and Zilla. If you play as 64 Godzilla his final boss fight is against two mothra larvae. Little things like that, that tell me at least one person involved was a fan...they just don't know how to make a good game:lol It's just poorly put together.....buut i also get to fling poo as Hedorah so it's not all bad.

There really hasn't been a great Godzilla game yet. A couple decent/playable ones. Nothing crazy good. Le sigh.

Last edited:

Right, gotcha.

I was trying to figure out what RIDDICK meant with his above second comment, but I see.

Sounds like there's not much to the game, so it was an easy one to push out 'before the lock'. :lol

So…I just watched the live action Attack on Titan movie and besides the movie being…pretty bad :)lol) what it did do is peak my expectations for the effects of the next Godzilla film. I didn't even realize the movie was a Toho film until the title card popped up. I realize the director will be different and everything but the effects were pretty good actually. It's definitely a mix of CG and practical effects. All the monsters (titans) are people in makeup and CG enhanced as they smash through buildings while eating people….and it looked great! The scale felt authentic, unlike a man in suits smashing models of cities. If anyone is curious check out a few clips. It bodes well for the next G movie :panic:

Bring it!

I think i'm more excited for this than Cap 3! :lol
gif-one.gif

joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

latest

Put it this way, the last time a TOHO Godzilla movie was released it was 4 years BEFORE MCU's 1st movie! :horror

Back