SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Thanks, I guess...
Anyway, STOP LURKING! All you do in this section is complaining about others' opinions, damn creep. :lol

I didn't used to, but there seems to be about a dozen people on this forum who do nothing, but rip on almost EVERYTHING. I mean seriously, EVERYTHING is crap? I'm well aware some stuff is, but it's like you guys have forgotten how to grab a bag of popcorn, sit back and just be entertained. Everything has to be perfect and exactly how people imagine it should be or it's utter garbage. Was G14 an outstanding film? Maybe not, but it was entertaining IMO. People just pick EVERYTHING apart today.

Godzilla 2014 absolutely was the highest quality "film" that this franchise has ever seen. I realize that Godzilla's screen time urked a number of fanboys but really

It didn't just irk fan boys, it irked the general audience. In the group I saw it with, everyone was very disappointed and underwhelmed.

it's like you guys have forgotten how to grab a bag of popcorn, sit back and just be entertained.
Depends.

First of all, this is an era of sequels and prequels to classic franchises.
Old fans being disappointed or annoyed by modernisation of basic material to appeal to younglings is to be expected.

Second, the older you get the less reason you have to enjoy something that isn't respecting you as adult viewer.
If it's a stupid/lazy/messy product one has every right to express his discontent.

Everything has to be perfect or it's utter garbage.
Absolutely not true.
There are tons and tons of mediocrity which many people like and enjoy (me included, oddly enough).

Was G14 an outstanding film? Maybe not, but it was entertaining IMO. People just pick EVERYTHING apart today.
Don't be over-polite and middle-grounded. Fight this disease with everything you have! :lol

Thank the maker FW wasn't the last one. :lol

Toho is releasing this in the US as well. :yess:

Now, will he be good or bad, practical or CG, Kitagawa or new actor, reference G14 or not?

Muto poster on some kids wall. :lol

Raise your hand if you want Toho to go mostly cgi with him

I raise my hand.............................................. to SLAP your cgi hungry face! :monkey3

Good or bad I don't think is much of a question, ever since '84, he's pretty much been a villain, especially the Heisei era. I'm really curious about what he'll look like, if we'll see Legendary Godzilla influences in it or not.

I didn't say that I wanted that to happen. :lol

depressed.gif

Godzilla 2014 absolutely was the highest quality "film" that this franchise has ever seen. I realize that Godzilla's screen time urked a number of fanboys but really, no other Zilla movie comes close to the quality of this one. Gojira 54 had a great tone but it's just so dated.
Godzilla's screen time was the least of the 2014 film's problems. My god, I thought it was underwhelming the first time I watched it, no big deal, but I literally couldn't sit through it for a second time.

I hate calling movies "crap" or "garbage", but in this case I think those titles are more than fitting.

Good or bad I don't think is much of a question, ever since '84, he's pretty much been a villain, especially the Heisei era. I'm really curious about what he'll look like, if we'll see Legendary Godzilla influences in it or not.

Judging by the comments in their press release. I think they may try (maybe too hard) to distance themselves from legendarys version. This could lead to a bit too much wackiness ala final wars. But I'm hoping they learned their lesson.

Now onto another question...we've got showa, Heisei and millenium...what will we call this new era of Godzilla :panic: "legendary" era? :dunno.

Judging by the comments in their press release. I think they may try (maybe too hard) to distance themselves from legendarys version. This could lead to a bit too much wackiness ala final wars. But I'm hoping they learned their lesson.

Now onto another question...we've got showa, Heisei and millenium...what will we call this new era of Godzilla :panic: "legendary" era? :dunno.

I think it is being called the legendary era.

Toho executive # 1: Lets distance ourselves from the American Legendary pictures version.

Toho executive # 2: What do we call our new series?

Toho executive # 1: How about Legendary series?

Toho executive # 2: Great idea!

They gotta bring back the magic of the old stuff. Plenty of monster on time screen, mixed with a little of the cheese and bring back and old buddy and or enemy from the 60s-70s. He'll even throw in some Pacific rim job. Throw all that in some decent screen play and Bamm! I also wouldn't mind some tiny hot Japanese twin girls too :) give it to Nolan lol

Check out this short that was made a few years ago. I actually think something like this with a bigger budget and a little less cheese would be the perfect direction because it blends the old style man-in-suit look and feel that Toho is known for, but updated for the more contemporary audience. I personally thought the Legendary Godzilla was only about a 6.5/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEEXydQc9KE

Check out this short that was made a few years ago. I actually think something like this with a bigger budget and a little less cheese would be the perfect direction because it blends the old style man-in-suit look and feel that Toho is known for, but updated for the more contemporary audience. I personally thought the Legendary Godzilla was only about a 6.5/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEEXydQc9KE

I remember this clip making the rounds around the time they announce the new film. That quick scene with the car driving and the Ifu kube theme blasting was something i hoped would happen in the new film. Or something similar.

Their press release states that they will utilize CG technology, which means that the man-in-suit days may be numbered, although it will be interesting to see if the new American version’s design will influence the iconic monster, who first appeared in 1954 and stands as Guinness World Records 2015′s longest-running movie franchise.

“This is very good timing after the success of the American version this year: if not now, then when?” a Toho staffer told The Reporter. “The licensing contract we have with Legendary places no restrictions on us making domestic versions.”

Back