SDCC Cobra Commander?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anyone would mind a repainted Hooded CC. I was just hoping that SSC would have chosen the right friggin' repaint!

GI_Joe_Cobra-1-Poster.jpg

Lets wait and see that pick before we get all bent out of shape, I still think Scarface will be the SDCC Ex

I don't think anyone would mind a repainted Hooded CC. I was just hoping that SSC would have chosen the right friggin' repaint!

GI_Joe_Cobra-1-Poster.jpg

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

That with a removable cape would have been an easy variant for Sideshow and made perfect sense. Let's hope this word of a silly red repaint is wrong.

Let's be honest though if they made Duke or even the 1984 Snake Eyes or hooded Storm Shadow or even Silver Masked Cobra Commander people would go ape^^^^ that it was a Con Exclusive. A simple color variant is probably one of the easiest ways to go to apease the majority.

They would have big time. No matter if folks can get them or not. You don't go out of your way to pick an item that should have been a regular release.

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that excuse anymore. Sideshow's "exclusives" aren't really all that exclusive anymore because anyone can order a NA version.

You can get any of them even if you don't go. Most companies there now are doing the NA thing so I don't buy that just because NA pieces are offered as a reason to diss this. There wasn't an Exclusive that I brought home last year that I couldn't get as a NA or get right after it was over.

So the best option is to make it available to folks going and not going. Then make it an item thats a simple variant that if you pass on you don't feel like your collection is really missing anything.

I've yet to see a solid reason as to why this is a lame exclusive. I can understand why folks would pass on it being a variant which is why again its a perfect Ex.

Let them do things the way GG has done them. Stop doing NA orders and make it must have items. Also lets have them make it a total pain in the rump to get as well. Then we'll see how many folks feel the next time its a simple variant its lame.

Furthermore, it's not that folks are pissed about him being a variant. It's the fact that it's a lame variant. IF they absolutely had to do this because of costs or whatever black would've been the way to go. Aside from Hasbro's "Make it blue/Make it pink" mindset of past repaint bs, Cobra Commander has never appeared in red. That's the point right there, it's stupid because it's not what he wears.

A glorified '84 CC would've made SSC the king of SDCC exclusives, imo, and really would've still been easy as pie to obtain. The give you the date and time usually all you gotta do is show up!

Lets wait and see that pick before we get all bent out of shape, I still think Scarface will be the SDCC Ex

Which trooper was he in that pic?

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

That with a removable cape would have been an easy variant for Sideshow and made perfect sense. Let's hope this word of a silly red repaint is wrong.

Why would it have made perfect sense? Its another variant. Still not really an exclusive by your standards as well as being something simple which some seem to have a problem with.

I perfonally would prefer to see them do this version than the red but I don't dislike either option that much.

Why would it have made perfect sense? Its another variant. Still not really an exclusive by your standards as well as being something simple which some seem to have a problem with.

You're missing the point. The red costume is a further extension of the infamous Habro repaint bs. CC doesn't wear red his guards do.

And the Scarface trooper had tan straps and a red scarf.

This IS Sideshow so I wouldn't hold your breath.

HUH? :confused:

Furthermore, it's not that folks are pissed about him being a variant. It's the fact that it's a lame variant. IF they absolutely had to do this because of costs or whatever black would've been the way to go. Aside from Hasbro's "Make it blue/Make it pink" mindset of past repaint bs, Cobra Commander has never appeared in red. That's the point right there, it's stupid because it's not what he wears.

Why would anyone be ticked that a Con Ex is any kind of a variant though? Variants are supposed to be items that you can live without. If you're ticked about it being something lame in that regard then its your issues wanting something you can say I have and you don't.

You're missing the point. The red costume is a further extension of the infamous Habro repaint bs. CC doesn't wear red his guards do.

And the Scarface trooper had tan straps and a red scarf.

I get that you don't like it cause it was a Hasbro thing. I thought in a set of the comics in the last few years he wore Red which is why they did this. Either way its not a big deal. Its something silly to do.

I personally would really like the scarface trooper.

I'm pretty sure that every body here is missing the point til we see what the product actually is. So stop getting your panties in a bunch, grab a mocha, and chill the f out :)

Why would anyone be ticked that a Con Ex is any kind of a variant though? Variants are supposed to be items that you can live without. If you're ticked about it being something lame in that regard then its your issues wanting something you can say I have and you don't.

I'm not looking for an item I can hold over some ones head to make me feel better about myself. I'm just not that kind of wierdo. That shiney gold sticker does nothing for me. What I want is something a little more thought out than a simple color change.

HUH? :confused:

But by that logic, shouldnt then, all 7 SDCC figures be variants?

I'm not looking for an item I can hold over some ones head to make me feel better about myself. I'm just not that kind of wierdo. That shiney gold sticker does nothing for me. What I want is something a little more thought out than a simple color change.

I understand. The way I look at it is as long as its an item I can live without (which is everything of course as far as life goes) in my collection then I don't get bothered. Could they do more with it? Sure they could. Is it a big deal if they don't and if I don't get it? No, my GI Joe Collection will kick arse anyways.

But by that logic, shouldnt then, all 7 SDCC figures be variants?

I don't think they have to be variants what I think I've said is that they need to be items that folks can live without.

What sucks is that I like the Bradstreet version even less now because I got my hopes up that we were going to have the option to get a classic version instead. Dang it. :lol

If the SDCC Ex. is indeed just a red CC, then this will encapsulate it for me:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1op3ZoNeflc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1op3ZoNeflc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

All I know is that if they're really making Cherry Red Lipstick Cobra Commander then their whole "We want to make realistic Joes" line goes right out the window. They better get to work on Battle Android Troopers and Cobra-La stat! :rock :naughty

Back