Scarlett Johansson to star in GHOST IN THE SHELL feature film from Dreamworks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehh. it's shirow, so possibly, but major Kusanagi is a brain in a robot body, so she can be whatever she wants. Hell, some of the manga even suggests the major's really a dude.

:lecture

It's fine that they picked her or whatever model-esque actress. Cause of that fact.

added thought. take it a step further. they need to cast ron Pearlman as Batou.

Agreed. I'd watch it, if he was cast.

^this could be mistaken for a HER spinoff movie instead.haha
perlman as batou, that's perfect.

Ehh. it's shirow, so possibly, but major Kusanagi is a brain in a robot body, so she can be whatever she wants. Hell, some of the manga even suggests the major's really a dude.

Now, that would be cool if they spun it like that instead of what they're doing on the TV series.

Finally

Fans Petition For Scarlett Johansson To Be Replaced In Ghost In The Shell Live-Action Movie | Comicbook.com

:yess:

I think Tao Okamoto would be perfect to play the Major

3QB59Ri.gif

Tao-Okamoto-06-700x974.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't signed either :lol I was a bit surprised to see this actually, it is a waste of time unless all of this is enough to make Scarlett feel like she should gtfo, she will likely stay. I don't mind Scarlett but I still want a japanese actress to play Motoko

I don't have a problem with ScarJo playing Major Kusanagi, I actually like the idea.

Well, Ron Perlman as Batou. Easy. Probably best casting idea. Cheers to the guy who came up with that idea.

I like this casting. :D

I like that too, he looks like Batou

ron_perlman_as_batou_by_samutada-d6fef2k.jpg

It's a no-brainer, right? I would even say, he could play his part, well. Almost too well.

But as snake says:

Bastardizing Hollywood gonna bastardize.

Yeaahh. I hope not. Edge of tomorrow was done pretty well. But then again, I did not know anything about that. Period. Itt did do the source justice. The manga was real good.

But then again, snow white was a dumb movie.

I couldn't find another thread about this movie so ill post here. Anyone else excited about this? :) What i don't get is the whitewash bashing especially towards Scarlett. The creators of the actual manga said they never saw Major as Japanese, they saw her as white. And she's a cyborg, she's not Japanese. She's not human, so how can she be Japanese?

I feel like people commenting never actually saw the movie, nor understand it. There are many iterations of it too, like several books, movies, tv shows, etc. I've only seen the original movie, but now i want to check out all the other stuff because i loved the movie :)

I am a Ghost In The Shell Fan and a Scar Jo fan so I am on bored, at the very least if the movie sucks I get some gratutious shots of nudity

Back