"RoboCop Returns" directed by Neill Blomkamp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on, now, the least you could do was cheat with your wife's sister (the SW standalones) and still keep it in the family. :nono

:D

raw

Have you seen my wife's sisters?! I wouldn't touch them with jye's ****.

After all the mayhem, bannings, and lost affiliation status with SSC Nam rose to the surface like Hooper at the end of JAWS, lol.

Nam: "IrishJedi?"

Wor-Gar: "No..."

Nam: "I used to hate this forum."

Wor-Gar: "I can't imagine why."

Catching up on all the garbage that happened over the past (8?) years. :lol

I just learned what Carl did a few months back. :horror

I know Bane's Fury Road was a box office smash, but IMO, despite Miller, it failed to capture the magic of the originals (yes, even Thunderdome :lol). Max is Mel is Max. That and the bigger budget made it seem to the franchise what Land of the Dead seems to Romero's original trilogy. That said I thought Road Warrior was a better film than Mad Max, so the franchise still holds true to that. As for Blade Runner, while I thought it was highly pretentious, it was a solid sequel to the Final Cut of the original. Unfortunately, this franchise doesn't have that track record. :lol
No doubt, Mel Gibson is the definitive Max, and Fury Road is a stylized, even more over the top variation of Road Warrior, but I love it. I didn't love the new Blade Runner, but it's so damn well made, and excels at creating tension and mood. That's one I want to watch again, to see if it grows on me. Khev was really into the new Blade Runner, if memory serves. I know JYE hates Fury Road. So opinions here are all over the place with those.

Cage goes in the water, you go in the water, Sideshow's in the water....

Farewell and ado to you fair Spanish ladies....

No doubt, Mel Gibson is the definitive Max, and Fury Road is a stylized, even more over the top variation of Road Warrior, but I love it. I didn't love the new Blade Runner, but it's so damn well made, and excels at creating tension and mood. That's one I want to watch again, to see if it grows on me. Khev was really into the new Blade Runner, if memory serves. I know JYE hates Fury Road. So opinions here are all over the place with those.

Are they, though? I agree with jye. :lol

As for Blade Runner, I didn't like it better than the original, but I felt it did a nice job of keeping the story going without bastardizing the original. Something most sequels can't claim - RoboCop included.

After all the mayhem, bannings, and lost affiliation status with SSC Nam rose to the surface like Hooper at the end of JAWS, lol.

DCZdwPIXcAImXfE.jpg

Nam: "IrishJedi?"

Wor-Gar: "No..."

Nam: "I used to hate this forum."

Wor-Gar: "I can't imagine why."

:lol...

That's funny.

I agree with jye. :lol

This is not.

I just don't understand it -- Fury Road seems right up Nam's alley. I hope you're not pining for Black's Predator.

Hopefully this takes place in the real war zone that is Chicago, not Detroit.

This is not.

I just don't understand it -- Fury Road seems right up Nam's alley. I hope you're not pining for Black's Predator.

The only reason Mel wasn't cast is because Miller got cold feet. Like Ford is to Indy, Max is Mel is Max. There's a certain charm in the low-budget Aussie flicks that made Fury Road seem like a big budget, soulless, recast, reboot. Hence the comparison to George Romero's Land of the Dead to his original "of the Dead" trilogy.

The only thing Black's Predator squeaks out as far as potential, is the fact that Black wrote the first one. So, despite being based around some stupid kiddie, I'm not writing it off just yet.

Cage goes in the water, you go in the water, Sideshow's in the water....

Farewell and ado to you fair Spanish ladies....

:lol :rotfl

Yes, IMO BR 2049 was an instant genre classic, arguably the greatest sci-fi film since the 80's. I also loved Fury Road (though nowhere near as much as 2049.)

I enjoyed Fury Road and BR 2049. Both were better than I expected.

Robocop has a string of crappy sequels, TV shows, cartoons and that awful remake. The only chance this film has is to ignore everything except the first movie.

I like the Chicago idea, but Detroit is just as f'ed and this movie should figure out how to work it in.

The only reason Mel wasn't cast is because Miller got cold feet. Like Ford is to Indy, Max is Mel is Max.
While I completely agree that Max is Mel is Max... I still liked FR more than RW.
Then again, I love the original. Most people don't even like or seen that one.

The only thing Black's Predator squeaks out as far as potential, is the fact that Black wrote the first one.
He did not. :lol
He was a script doctor Silver brought in, made some adjustments to dialogs here and there, supervised McTiernan (paranoid producers be paranoid).

Must say I've enjoyed Blomkamp's films, even Elysium and Chappie. I hated what I read about the idea behind Alien 5 (or Alien 3 version 2) but Robocop does kinda seem more up his street. I'm curious about it. It couldn't be worse than Robocop 3 could it? Right?

Back