Blomkamp Aliens sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Blomkamp/ Aliens (rejected project)

Pleasing fanboys is what killing this kind of cinema.
Fanservice has killed japanese animation, i dont want to see that done to the franchise i love.
Studios should listen to artist, screenwriters, directors not a bunch of fans who think this is cool and that is awesome.
I love Hicks and Ripley just as much as the next guy, and the actors still look great but im really not sure this is a good thing to bring them back.
The alien universe is rich enough to tell another story, just like the Dark Horse comics did.
Now if the script is right i will be really happy.

The artwork that Neil showed were just a "What if" fun he was having with Doug Williams and Geoffery Thoorens (who did those for free).
What if we made our own follow up to ALIENS, the kind of fanfic fun you can read everywhere online.
I doubt Scott and Fox will go that route, that would be balsy, and i think only Superman with Returns did it...
I'm really more keen to believe that Scott gave Neil PARADISE.

Pleasing fanboys is what killing this kind of cinema.
Fanservice has killed japanese animation, i dont want to see that done to the franchise i love.
Studios should listen to artist, screenwriters, directors not a bunch of fans who think this is cool and that is awesome.

I'm glad that Fox is listening to the director and and not a bunch of fanboys who don't want Hicks to return.

The alien universe is rich enough to tell another story, just like the Dark Horse comics did.

Dark Horse did tell another story...with Hicks.

Dwayne-hicks-michael-biehn-likeness.jpg

That Alien comic was great, and yes it featured Hicks.
It was done before Alien 3, before Hicks died.
When the options for a sequel were open.
Now the whole story about weaponizing the creatures feels like an old trope for me but hey if done right who knows.

Bringing back Hicks and Ripley sound as appealing to me as Expendables, pure fanboys wet dream that ended up looking like **** and was just embarrassing.
Now i guess that its mostly because its Blompkamp that is behind all this that i have pretty much no faith that it will not be anything more than fanwank.
Guys got skills, but writing good scripts (not just concepts) and directing (handheld and poor editing choices were really annoying in ELYSIUM and that clip from Chappie is not reassuring) are not his forte, or at least not up to my liking.
Waiting to see who is writing this before being completely pissed.
That Alien pilot mask still suck tho...

[h=1]BLOMKAMP‘S ALIEN MOVIE WILL IGNORE ALIEN 3 AND RESURRECTION[/h]4.2k
"I want this film to feel like it's literally the genetic sibling of Aliens."

BY LUCY O'BRIENNeill Blomkamp's upcoming Alien movie will carry on Ellen Ripley's story from James Cameron's Aliens, and ignore the sequels that came later.
In an interview with Sky News (during a promotional tour for Blomkamp's upcoming sci-fi flick Chappie), Blomkamp and Sigourney Weaver revealed that they intend to give Ripley a "proper finish" - one the pair don't think was achieved in Alien 3 or Alien: Resurrection.
"I want this film to feel like it's literally the genetic sibling of Aliens," said Blomkamp. "So it's Alien, Aliens, and then this movie".
"I would love to take Ripley out of orbiting around in space, and give a proper finish to her story", said Weaver.
Considering the twists and turns that came later, it's easy to forget that Alien was originally pitched as "Jaws in space"; a sinister tone Blomkamp wants to recapture.
"It's a Freudian nightmare. That element to me is what is so appealing," said Blomkamp. "To try to put the audience on the edge of their seat, in a traditional 'monster stalking you in a dark corridor way".
It's a bit of a blow to fans of the sequels, but it's hard to argue against taking Alien back to its horror roots. After all, there's a reason why the sound of that motion tracker still sends chills up our spines so many years later.
Neill Blomkamp's new Alien is yet to have a release date attached.

Lucy O'Brien is Entertainment Editor at IGN AU. Follow her ramblings on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back