"RoboCop Returns" directed by Neill Blomkamp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes there is. Original is 15 tracks I believe and the expanded is 23 tracks. I picked it up a couple of years ago. Intrada did it first but I believe Milan records did a rerelease of it.

I’d rather have Nam
You ARE TheNam! Had to be sure.

Welcome back! :duff

One door closes, another door opens... :lol

giphy.gif

No reason whatsoever for another sequel or reboot. In fact, the original film should have stood alone. But, this is the world we live in.

I dunno. The second could've been much worse. If that's the bar, despite Follywood's current track record, there's a slim possibility they could do it. Especially if Weller returns. Granted, it's as likely as someone with sciatic twitching threading a needle, but there are a small handful of sequels and reboots that've matched (and even surpassed) the originals.

Last edited:
Still love the original movie and The soundtrack is pure gold. That one and Conan the Barbarian are my 2 favorite Poledouris scores. Is it the expanded version? If so nice pick up.
Yup. I love it. I may have to get it on vinyl too.

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 55
giphy.gif

I dunno. The second could've been much worse. If that's the bar, despite Follywood's current track record, there's a slim possibility they could do it. Especially if Weller returns. Granted, it's as likely as someone with sciatic twitching threading a needle, but there are a small handful of sequels and reboots that've matched (and even surpassed) the originals.
Fury Road and the new Blade Runner are good examples, but as you say, those are the exceptions to the rule. Blomkamp. . .he made one good film I've seen. But there's always a chance.

I just wish Hollywood was more original. Do a Robocop only if a real artist, like George Miller, is passionate about it. Not because it is nostalgic, low hanging fruit for the execs.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Fury Road and the new Blade Runner are good examples.

I just wish Hollywood was more original. Do a Robocop only if a real artist, like George Miller, is passionate about it. Not because it is nostalgic, low hanging fruit for the execs.

I know Bane's Fury Road was a box office smash, but IMO, despite Miller, it failed to capture the magic of the originals (yes, even Thunderdome :lol). Max is Mel is Max. That and the bigger budget made it seem to the franchise what Land of the Dead seems to Romero's original trilogy. That said I thought Road Warrior was a better film than Mad Max, so the franchise still holds true to that. As for Blade Runner, while I thought it was highly pretentious, it was a solid sequel to the Final Cut of the original. Unfortunately, this franchise doesn't have that track record. :lol

Son of a ***** and I was really thinking the real Nam was back, lol. Who ARE YOU?? ;)

I look at it like a sympathy ****. WB's track record has been horrendous up until BvS. They turned Superman into Goku Black, did a decent job with BvS to bring him around and thankfully killed him off (Batman rescuing Martha was worth the price of admission alone). Wonder Woman was good. And Justice League did just about what it needed to do make it seem like the weakest of Morrison JLA stories (thank you Joss). But don't fret, with Affleck done with Batman after the solo outing, WB is looking to lock each respective hero in their own stories and forget about any continuity established prior to the Batman solo outing. So their suckage is consistent. I suspect this RoboCopout sequel will fair better than their DC franchise going forward. :lol

FRAUD! PHONY! LIAR!!!!

That whole spiel about lackluster Fury Road and pretentious 2049 just went out the window of credibility.

Read the post above. We all have a sympathy **** in our bootybaskets. :tap :lol

Besides, don't you both like these new Star Wars sequels? :nono :pfft:

Blomkamp has some cool short film projects he's been posting on his Youtube channel.

Holy sh--balls Nam is back. When did that happen?

Holy sh--balls Nam is back. When did that happen?

After all the mayhem, bannings, and lost affiliation status with SSC Nam rose to the surface like Hooper at the end of JAWS, lol.

DCZdwPIXcAImXfE.jpg

Nam: "IrishJedi?"

Wor-Gar: "No..."

Nam: "I used to hate this forum."

Wor-Gar: "I can't imagine why."

Back