Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Robocop....making a comeback?

This thread is what's wrong with the culture at the moment... Look at the first few pages of the Amazing Spider-Man thread... every one was hating on it. Especially once the costume pictures were being release. Now most of those people are glamoring for the film and cannot wait to see it... This could very much be the same thing! Like Transformers (which I mildly enjoyed, but initially disliked the transformers designs) Or even the Dark Knight Suit, which I didn't like. But the films are so good I like them based from my love of the films... etc. So just bite you tongues... You're being foolish for now!

I fully agree... and here you are contributing to it. :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dztELFt8uUU[/ame]

xt-908.jpg

ed-209.jpg

Very cheap for such an ambitious project.​

I hate RoboCop already.

And it reminds me too much of Terminator. Needs more satire.

That McGee guy working on this?, sure looks like it. XD

Wait.. this goofy ____ is gonna be Robocop!?

article_image_0147276364803a47.jpg

Errr, not so bad, i like that i never heard of the guy and he has the right lips/mouth for the character just, i think the suit might look terrible, ED-209 looks pretty ____ty.

I hate RoboCop already.

And it reminds me too much of Terminator. Needs more satire.

sadly you are right,
seems like they are going to play it straight, no satire at all, looked too serious,

BUT, I think a remake of this is good, the last two movies were not great, "the third one... wtf was up with that one?"
so I think making this again is good, plus with the special effects of today is going to look great,
I just wish they didnt play it so serious

The reboot is a joke all along :dunno
It'll be too sugary with satire in the supplement.

____ this movie. :lecture

That ****** genetically modified and in no armor is not and never will be Robocop.

I'm a huge Robocop, but what the hell, I'll give this movie a chance. Maybe it will turn out awesome.

I'm not having high hopes for this so far. With the original being one of my favorites of all time, I hate that Hollywood can't create new ideas and has to reboot every goddamn thing. I'm just glad Micheal Bay isnt anywhere near this project.

The good thing is we will always have the badass original.

The new 209 looks a beast and is definitely in the style of the classic design. Can't see hot toys building it in 1/6 seeing as it dwarfs a tank.
........saying that, I said the same about the Bat and that thing makes the tumbler look like a micro machine.......

The already giant problem is this indicates the ED-209 actually works properly and is on a battlefield and isn't going to fit through the doors of a building and barely in a city street.

The best aspect of the ED was that it never worked properly and was always glitchy, they already have this completely wrong.

True. Verhoeven and Neumeier created a sharp, satirical masterpiece. As such, I don't think it's in anyone's interests to try to mirror what they did and that is true of even something like what you've noted about the 209.
I think we need to leave our baggage at the door here and not try to compare the 2 films because I think they've gone their own route with this and rightly so.

The already giant problem is this indicates the ED-209 actually works properly and is on a battlefield and isn't going to fit through the doors of a building and barely in a city street.

The best aspect of the ED was that it never worked properly and was always glitchy, they already have this completely wrong.

Isn't it an ad for OCP not robocop....so I don't think they would show it malfunctioning :monkey1 on their promo vid....

Back