Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Robocop....making a comeback?

Uh, Peter Weller did more then just twitch. He had a pretty great performance using his body. :)lol)

"Film makers gone insane? According to the new RoboCop actor Joel Kinnaman, our cyborg hero will look nothing like he did in the classic Verhoeven movie. See-through visor, no robotic movements and a "suit" that looks like human skin. Check the link for more of this depressing news."

Kinnaman is stepping into Peter Weller's metallic shoes and presumably his metallic helmet, but one thing he's emphasizing is that this RoboCop will look and move differently.

When I asked how much of him we were actually going to be able to see, Kinnaman didn't hesitate.

"We'll see me," he promises. "The visor's gonna be see-through. It's going to be much more of a human performance. There's not going to be any twitchy robot [he mimics very mechanical robotic moves]. Our vision of how a robot is going to be in 2046, it's going to be a very human skin, it's gonna look very human. I'm going to be able to put my signature on the body language, too. The first 'RoboCop' movie is one of my favorite movies. I've seen that movie probably 15 or 20 times. But from an acting standpoint, walking around just moving your jaw, it's not so interesting. So this is going to be an opportunity to really bring a full performance to it."

https://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-fi...el-kinnaman-explains-what-drew-him-to-robocop

...And this movie is ruined. That's gotta be a new record, they didn't even start filming.

But from an acting standpoint, walking around just moving your jaw, it's not so interesting. So this is going to be an opportunity to really bring a full performance to it."

Wow, so that's all the character did in the first film? Really? Just move his jaw?

No visor, no armor, no robotic movement, what the hell is the point?

Just seriously call it something else and have faith enough in your retarded ideas so that you don't have to latch them onto a completly unrelated movie title from 10 years ago to gain a sense of familiarity and marketing. I hope Peter Weller breaks that ____ head's jaw for that comment too.

They've already missed the point of the character. I always thought that the reason Robocop had that visor, other than a cool design, was because of how inhuman it was (sort of like the Terminator's sunglasses). It's inhuman in a way. That's why that reveal in the third act is so important, "you may not like what you're about to see". They slowly built up to the reveal of Murphy underneath the helmet and visor, from his fight with ED-209 (his one eye showing) to the factory when he takes off his helmet.

If the robotic movements aren't important and they're focusing on showing the actors face from the get go, what exactly is the point of all this?

They should just rerelease the original back into theaters for a limited run.

:48 seconds pretty much.

[ame]https://youtu.be/zZodXJ8M9bU[/ame]

Just don't go see it. Period. The more you discuss the more you lend MGM attention for this ____ idea of a movie.

this film takes the route of Tim Burtons Superman.
vpkvur.gif

Back