Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Black Predator looks almost as if he has Predator harlequin ichthyosis. It suits him since he's supposed to be a mutant predator subspecies, but I do agree that the crown looks pretty cool on him.

A crown doesn't suit that particular design.

It actually would, but a different crown. The crown in that pic is directly taken from P1 design. If the crown was not that large on the sides and it was alittle sharper, like Wolf's, I think it would kick ass.

Here's using Wolf's crown.
bpmanip4.jpg

Here's using Wolf's crown.
bpmanip4.jpg

Nnnnooo... Thats a little overdone. Wasnt what I meant exactly. Dont know how to describe it either.
There should be less spikes, smaller on the sides and bigger in the back, and not pointed up so much. Plus, maybe a tad different color scheme. Dont know if it would give a better effect, but Im sure it would look better than the original either way.

Last edited:
Nnnnooo... Thats a little overdone.

That's what I was thinking when I saw the original BSP head design without any edits :lol.

Still, the Wolf crown is a bit much. Lovin' the eye mod/regular crown combination. Really makes him look better. It's too late for them to change anything I would think, so we just have to deal with it. I'm with CelticP in the sense that I think it's cool, but it conflicts with how a Predator should be. Luckily, their backstory sounds good enough to me.

Here's another try. I used p1's crown with quills. I must say it looks 100x better. :)

bpmanip2.jpg

That is much better than my attempt, great job! :clap
I would be perfectly happy if this is how he looked. Sure the mandibles are different, but they been unique with pretty much every predator.

did some photoshop about new predators, too.

candy.jpg

much better now i think.

I cant find one single aspect of these new designed Predators
that I like.
Bio Mask's sux.
Body armor sux
Face really really sux.
I pray to God:pray: the movie doesn't suck but from what I've
seen so far there's a damn good chance it will.

Hi!

I really think you guys should stop photoshoping and changing the looks of the predators in the new movie. It is what it is. Doing that just make us like the movie even less thinking how much better it could have been....

Look, I liked the original predator and this time the Studio has to come up with tons of different designs because they are the the predator planet. Doesn't matter what they do, there will always be people that don't like it.

I kind like the new looks and they even brought the original design back. I don't know if the movie will be good or not, but I can not wait to see it. I think that Sideshow will have a blast coming up with maquettes and PFs of this movie.

Hey, I'm just trying to bring a positive spin to this whole thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I personally think it will be a great looking movie with lots of action and cool designs.....

Cheers

Bear:yess:

Hi!

I really think you guys should stop photoshoping and changing the looks of the predators in the new movie. It is what it is. Doing that just make us like the movie even less thinking how much better it could have been....

Look, I liked the original predator and this time the Studio has to come up with tons of different designs because they are the the predator planet. Doesn't matter what they do, there will always be people that don't like it.

I kind like the new looks and they even brought the original design back. I don't know if the movie will be good or not, but I can not wait to see it. I think that Sideshow will have a blast coming up with maquettes and PFs of this movie.

Hey, I'm just trying to bring a positive spin to this whole thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I personally think it will be a great looking movie with lots of action and cool designs.....

Cheers

:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture :clap

Yes! well said bear, it is what it is and all of us can't be happy on the new designs, no one will be happy because we are still drawn to the original and will always compare to the original. Personaly I'm ok with it cause its a new approach on this franchise, and not all predators are going to look the same on there planet or on this game reserve just as we as humans don't all look alike. I think if this "Black Super Pred" was designed back then (1987) and they made the "Classic" the new design now, this debate would still be going on. There always will be a critic... :)
C'mon guys it's time to welcome in another "Ugly Muther F___ker"!

Hi!

Cheers

:lecture:lecture:lecture Besides, this late in the game, I highly doubt they're gonna run back and re-develop the looks and reshoot the whole thing.

Hear! Hear! (For the original post, not the directly above)

As much as Predator fans like the original design, I reiterate the point made by those gone before me-let us accept the new design, and hope for some pred-v-human carnage a la Predator 1. Personally, I have fewer objections to the new head, and feel that, with lighting et cetera, it may look rather better than these photographs, which admittedly leave a lot to be desired. In terms of bio-mask, armor and so on, I like all three bio-masks, and despite reservations about the Pred physique, am rejoicing that we do not see yet more bobble-head, burly, over-armored, american footballer farces (AVP).

I really wished that they would put the crown on the predators. It looks teb times better and more predatorish.

I'm with the positive crew. I love the new look; perfect for a renegade mutant predator, who's done who-knows-what to himself in terms of ornamental mutilation and experimentation. If we were being told these were the newer, better Predators (a la AVP) it might grate but the backstory and inclusion of the Classic Predator make it clear these are the fiends of that race.

And anyone who thinks Brody is too skinny - stop watching movies, and go meet some real soldiers. Excess bulk is NOT an advantage.

And anyone who thinks Brody is too skinny - stop watching movies, and go meet some real soldiers. Excess bulk is NOT an advantage.

Has nothing to do with bulk. It has to do with the fact that Adrian Brody always looks like a sensitive twat that's one insult away from completely breaking down and sobbing like a little girl.

I've already stated Walter Goggin's (who's also in the film and who's also not a roided up muscle head) would've been more believable as the lead.

Brody being cast as a bad ass mercenary is about as believable as Tara Reid being cast as an archaeologist in "Alone in the Dark".

The fact that Rodriguez and Co., are bringing it back to the jungle warrants our attention. Personally, as a massive fan of the original, I'm willing to give this one a shot. The cast looks great, Rodriguez is sidelining and once again, they're bringing us back to the jungle my brothers.

Besides...they can't possibly f__k it up more than the McG Salvation fiasco. But that's another discussion altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back