Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PREDATORS has an official release date: July 9, 2010

Yeah, that is actually a cool sounding plot-line... I'd pay to see it play out! And I'd probably buy the figures :rock

My concern is if they are on the predator planet, they will most likely kill off TONS of predators so the heroes can survive. Or have them sneaking around in it which will also suck because the predators would obviously know they were there. This is not looking good so far.

I still wish they did a story of a bad blood predator with an elder chasing him down. Something along the lines of we see the bad blood kill predators on his homeworld, then he flees to earth where he kills all he sees without honor (like children, injured people, ect.). Then the predators send an elder predator to hunt him down and the have a crazy battle at the end where the elder wins and lives then goes back home.

i agree as well, thats a great idea, theres no way in hell a couple of humans would survive the movie out. maybe a few days or weeks, but thats about it. i didnt read the article, but maybe this could lead to the creation of machiko on film :confused:

I want to believe....but this will probably suck.

My concern is if they are on the predator planet, they will most likely kill off TONS of predators so the heroes can survive. Or have them sneaking around in it which will also suck because the predators would obviously know they were there. This is not looking good so far.

I still wish they did a story of a bad blood predator with an elder chasing him down. Something along the lines of we see the bad blood kill predators on his homeworld, then he flees to earth where he kills all he sees without honor (like children, injured people, ect.). Then the predators send an elder predator to hunt him down and the have a crazy battle at the end where the elder wins and lives then goes back home.

A story with a Badblood; that would just be too AWESOME!.... and that's why they won't do it. I think they are brainless. All they have to do is come into these type of forums and they could probably pick up better ideas and scripts. I'll go as far as saying that you could probably do a much better job at directing than the guys they've had so far.
I'd paid to see this as a fan made movie.
Killer story.
Tom

the new predators movie!

hey guys I just talked with a reliable source that told me some info on the new predators movie thats coming out.
he told me not to say anything,so I will only be able to tell you this much,he said the new movie is going to be based on the predator home world and there will be a hunting ground there that will be in the movie.also he said theres going to be a butt load of new predators.also he said that the story line takes off after the first movie and has nothing to do with predator 2 or the avp movies.
I know its not alot,but I cant tell anymore.I just thought the rest of you predator nuts would like to know these tid bits.I havent read the other threads on here that pertain to the movie so I hope my news is new news.if not sorry for posting old news.
my informant is in a position to know these details.and he brought it up in our conversation and his line of work puts him in the middle of it.and he is the vise president of the company.so I believe him.

Re: the new predators movie!

Great news! Although I really enjoyed Predator 2, so I hope they don't abandon some of the concepts introduced there.

But ignoring the AVP movies is a big thumbs up in my book.

hey bobamike thanks for the info.

but could u kindly pass on a message from all of us predator fans to the vice-president: PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SCREW THIS MOVIE UP.

thanks.

i also read that the guy that played the wolf pred isnt going to be a pred in the next movie, which sucks, cause he did an awesome job as a pred. I hope there is no Dutch character in this next film, Arnold is irreplacable as that character.

hey guys I just talked with a reliable source that told me some info on the new predators movie thats coming out.
he told me not to say anything,so I will only be able to tell you this much,he said the new movie is going to be based on the predator home world and there will be a hunting ground there that will be in the movie.also he said theres going to be a butt load of new predators.also he said that the story line takes off after the first movie and has nothing to do with predator 2 or the avp movies.
I know its not alot,but I cant tell anymore.I just thought the rest of you predator nuts would like to know these tid bits.I havent read the other threads on here that pertain to the movie so I hope my news is new news.if not sorry for posting old news.
my informant is in a position to know these details.and he brought it up in our conversation and his line of work puts him in the middle of it.and he is the vise president of the company.so I believe him.
thank. ^^^^ing. god.

Prior to the last 2 films involving Predator, I would have been excited about this news. Now. . .not so much. Even if they are trying to distance themselves from the crappy stories of the AvP films, we now know what film execs think of these licenses (and of the viewing audience), and we can reasonably expect to see more of the same.

All the 14 year olds can watch these movies until their eyes explode, but I'll be incredibly skeptical of any of it until they give me a reason to feel otherwise.

Doesn't matter, though. I've got the first film, and that's all I needs.

Oh dear jesus... If you're a fan of Predator, you should know they are filming Predators in 5 days....

Last edited:

From avpgalaxy:

"The Predators feature film sequel is on for 18 days of filming on the Big Island beginning Oct. 12, confirmed Ron Schmidt, the production’s UPM….

Predators‘ production offices are at the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel since several jungle locations will be used all along the Hamakua Coast and many on private property. The 20th Century Fox production’s budget is about $40 million. Big Island officials so far have been unable to estimate how much the film will spend in Hawaii thought other sources said it will be in the millions of dollars and possibly as much as $10 million…

Final casting has not been completed for the nine main characters who will be filmed trying to escape the rainforest from the marauding predator."

my source is not in the movie buisness,so he doesnt have any control over the movie,but the impression I got from him is this movie is going to be on their home world and he said something about a jungle type hunting ground there.from what info he told me,I am thinking its going to tie into the first movie some how,maybe the predators will bring humans to their planet to hunt them there? he wouldnt tell me how the movie ties in to the first pred. movie.
I just thought it was awesome this guy whom I do buisness with spilled some news to me when I called him for a buisness transaction.again its probably old news to most,I dont follow the spoiler threads that much,so it was news to me.there are some other details he told me that I wont give out,I dont want to burn that bridge.mainly stuff about where its being filmed and what his company has to do for the film.

From what I read about this movie I think it's wrong to have Predators trading their technology to humans for humans to hunt. Maybe all the info that has come out is a big lie and Fox actually has a great story!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back