Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because then you'd have to have them having dialogue and speaking English and other languages, or subtitles. The humans are in these stories to give viewers something to follow along, it's a plot device, what makes the recent entries into the Alien and Predator fanchises weak is that the people are treated as just that and aren't developed into anyone you care about. Ripley and the marines were written so you'd care about what happens to them, Dutch and his men were done so you'd care about them. What weakens the sequels is that from A3 and P2 through to AVPR, the humans are presented less and less like someone worth caring about and the less you give a damn about the people who occupy 80% of the screen time, the worse the movie's going to feel. You watch the AVP's and you don't root for anyone, you just wait for everyone to get killed and see more action, but the action and death scenes are such small elements to the overall film.

a movie with only predators,would be interesting but has been done in the comics.
and as we have seen rarely do they make a good comic adaption or they start out good and end up stupid,like spider-man.but thats another forum Im sure.

a movie with only predators,would be interesting but has been done in the comics.
and as we have seen rarely do they make a good comic adaption or they start out good and end up stupid,like spider-man.but thats another forum Im sure.

What works in a comic doesn't necessarily work in film. You're not following a comic at a predetermined pace, you can move along as fast as you want to, pour over the parts you like, read quickly through anything that bores you, film pace is set by the director and you're stuck watching it. Also, when there's just pictures, you don't need dialogue, Predators without humans in motion picture just wouldn't work.

What works in a comic doesn't necessarily work in film. You're not following a comic at a predetermined pace, you can move along as fast as you want to, pour over the parts you like, read quickly through anything that bores you, film pace is set by the director and you're stuck watching it. Also, when there's just pictures, you don't need dialogue, Predators without humans in motion picture just wouldn't work.

totally agree mate.will admit I am hoping that predators is better than the AVP series.
dont think it will be better than P1 A1 and A2.the bar was set pretty high by those films

I think Rodriguez could direct the film well, it's all resting on story though, without a solid script, the best director couldn't make the picture any better than the story allows.

what version of P2 is available with the extra scene in the armory at the start(where the scorpio runs into the building and arms up).

I bought a VHS version about 6 years ago and the scene was added,I then upgraded to dvd of what I thought was the same release and the scene was missing.

I think you mean the part where El Scorpio tools up in the armoury and then takes a hit of cocaine and then goes, "UGGGGHHHH!!" It's on all versions I've seen. Try the P2 SE DVD. I know my Region 2 version has it.

No doubt HT will pick up the license to make figs from Predators, there's some cool sounding humans in the script.

I guess the film will resurrect a demand for the P2 fig too. I still have my SSC EX to sell unopened.

I think you mean the part where El Scorpio tools up in the armoury and then takes a hit of cocaine and then goes, "UGGGGHHHH!!" It's on all versions I've seen. Try the P2 SE DVD. I know my Region 2 version has it.

thats the scene,but after he screams "the scorpio is ready"and the skylight falls in he looks up and then it cuts to outside and an explosion from a grenade takes out the wall and harrigan and crew run inside.In the VHS version I bought when he looks up at the skylight the predator actually lands and takes out a whole bunch of them and the cuts to harrigan and crew outside.thats the version Im looking for.

totally agree mate.will admit I am hoping that predators is better than the AVP series.
dont think it will be better than P1 A1 and A2.the bar was set pretty high by those films

What the F does ALIEN AND ALIENS GOT TO DO WITH THE NEW PREDATORS MOVIE?:rotfl:duh:duh:duh

In the VHS version I bought when he looks up at the skylight the predator actually lands and takes out a whole bunch of them .

To my knowledge that has never been seen or existed. It wouldn't make sense either for the audience to see the Pred do that either - showing the Pred so soon in the film would reveal too much. You dont have that VHS still, do you?

To my knowledge that has never been seen or existed. It wouldn't make sense either for the audience to see the Pred do that either - showing the Pred so soon in the film would reveal too much. You dont have that VHS still, do you?

Im pretty sure that never happened in the movie in any version and ive seen the vhs and the dvd's

Yeah, I have the VHS (watched it to death) and that never happened. I think your memory is cross referencing the scene in the slaughterhouse where P2 drops in and takes out all the guys in thermal suits. You never actually see P2 in the armory ever in any version; just his aftermath.

This conversation should be taking place in the "Terminator, Predator and Alien Q&A" thread.

Rodriguez already spoiled it for all of us by coming up with this piece of ???? script. What? Predators aren't badass enough? We need super black Preds? Gay!

And I had heard about the Arnold ending, and that is also GAY!

"You killed all my friends and war buddies, and then I killed you. I think I'll join up with your race now and command a ship." Der....

YEAH! So i didn't spoiled ????, the whole movie is ????

Guys is this the next predator ?
nimrod-antal-predator.jpg

No...it's not...come on dude.

The first pic is of a McFarlane action figure.

The second pic is art from the first AvP movie.

How long have you been into Alien/Predator?

Or check this out . Come on hot toys . Bring it on !!!!
predator_01.jpg

Hot toys has already brought that on...It's called the Scar predator
from AVP.

No...it's not...come on dude.

The first pic is of a McFarlane action figure.

The second pic is art from the first AvP movie.

How long have you been into Alien/Predator?

What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back