Rob Zombie to direct Halloween sequel.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael's supernatural element just makes him so appealing. In a way, I feel like I'm watching the X-Files more than a slasher film. You've got Loomis as the Mulder of sorts, believing in what no one else will no matter his claims, and you've got Michael, the unexplainable force that cannot be but must be stopped.

Michael's supernatural element just makes him so appealing. In a way, I feel like I'm watching the X-Files more than a slasher film. You've got Loomis as the Mulder of sorts, believing in what no one else will no matter his claims, and you've got Michael, the unexplainable force that cannot be but must be stopped.

Okay, so what about the point in the series where the Satanists enter the plot? That's the point where I checked out of the original series. TBH, I'd rather deal with Zombie's origin than the whole Satanic cult crap. It's overdone, and IMO too friggin' cliche even for that time. It turned the Halloween series from a great horror franchise into that William Shatner flick whose name, thankfully, slips my mind at the moment.

I agree.. Michael was always better as this unexplained enigma, every year the police would think he was dead and gone... he may break away for years and not show up anywhere... But eventually he would come back and pick a victim, and start his insane masterpiece over again.

The best part is that he really isn't human, as Loomis said... He's pure and simply....evil.

The boogeyman aspect of the character is what draws me in about him. His unpredictable nature, and the fact that he cannot truly be stopped. Something supernatural pushes him and gives him his power... what it is, I don't know... And I really don't mind not knowing. I like the mystery.

Okay, so what about the point in the series where the Satanists enter the plot? That's the point where I checked out of the original series. TBH, I'd rather deal with Zombie's origin than the whole Satanic cult crap. It's overdone, and IMO too friggin' cliche even for that time. It turned the Halloween series from a great horror franchise into that William Shatner-ish flick whose name, thankfully, slips my mind at the moment.

I didn't like that either, the Cult of Thorn bit that was put into play in Part 5 and fully developed in Part 6. It was their way of trying to explain Michael in a supernatural way... which wasn't too smart a thing to do. It had some neat ideas, but never felt right to me either.

H1 and H2 are the only ones that really still have Michael as he was originally created, and the unexplained mystery of the character intact. H2 DID start the family bloodline crap, which is it's downfall.. and the downfall of the series.

But if you keep the essence of the character from those two films, you have the formula for who Michael is. He's the unstoppable force of fate, come to ruin lives on Halloween night. You can't kill the boogeyman... Because he is not human any longer.

But if you keep the essence of the character from those two films, you have the formula for who Michael is. He's the unstoppable force of fate, come to ruin lives on Halloween night. You can't kill the boogeyman... Because he is not human any longer.

The End. :lecture

Sadly that is something that not even the original series could maintain.

I actually like Halloween Part 4, 6 and H20 was okay. But the Thorn storyline actually worked for me. It does explained the evil that Dr. Loomis saw in Michael's eyes. Maybe Rob in H2 put in devil worship in Michael's past. Michael cant be a ordinary psychopath who can take bullets. Jason Voorhees was a "Mongul" living in the woods until his death in part 4. In part 6 he became a zombie. Well, a zombie that just kills because of his death and his mother's beheading at Camp Crystal Lake.

I didn't like that either, the Cult of Thorn bit that was put into play in Part 5 and fully developed in Part 6. It was their way of trying to explain Michael in a supernatural way... which wasn't too smart a thing to do. It had some neat ideas, but never felt right to me either.

Had the Thorn curse been simply an explanation of Michael's motives, that would have been fine, and even the passing of that evil would have worked depending on how it was done. The big, crash landing skew was the shadow man, later found to be Wynn, supposedly creating Michael and following him from birth and all that, it got really strange, made little sense and just hurt the whole series. I watch H4-6 like I watch Godzilla movies, ignore the bulk of the substance of the movie and just enjoy when the big guy's around, cuz there are some really cool shots and kills. I love in H6 when he first comes out of the shadows and hangs the nurse on a wall by driving a spike through her head

H1 and H2 are the only ones that really still have Michael as he was originally created, and the unexplained mystery of the character intact. H2 DID start the family bloodline crap, which is it's downfall.. and the downfall of the series.

Perhaps someday, filmmakers will come to realize that Michael's success doesn't require the Laurie Strode connection, it's not like Scream where the main victim was the whole point of the story from the start. Laurie being a target was just incidental.

RIP, I'd love to see what would be of Halloween films if Moustapha were still around, the man loved Michael.

Which raises something else, as I was about to comment on Pleasance still being around. Zombie's H2 will likely suck if Loomis is truly written off as dead. His death in H1 was a bit obscured so Hollywood magic could bring him back, but without Loomis around, it'll be Resurrection all over again probably.

did anyone read the book film adaption from the original 1st film, that came out around the time the original film did back in the day? It had a whole prologue chapter about evil spirits and an indian burial ground. Since the book was a film adaption, i wonder if the prologue was something from the original script that was never shot for the movie. Maybe it was intended to explain the supernatural aspect. I'm sure the writer of the book adapted it from the original screenplay while the movie was in production.

I actually like Halloween Part 4, 6 and H20 was okay. But the Thorn storyline actually worked for me. It does explained the evil that Dr. Loomis saw in Michael's eyes. Maybe Rob in H2 put in devil worship in Michael's past. Michael cant be a ordinary psychopath who can take bullets. Jason Voorhees was a "Mongul" living in the woods until his death in part 4. In part 6 he became a zombie. Well, a zombie that just kills because of his death and his mother's beheading at Camp Crystal Lake.

I for one, sure as hell hope he stays away from the whole Satanist BS. It really shows a complete lack of imagination. It might have worked (for some) in the 80's due to the major conservative and overly "Christian" vibe here in the U.S., but nowadays it's entirely unmarketable as the devil's been let out of the bag and any and all "scariness" he may have possessed has been lost to Japanese ghost stories. As I mentioned earlier, I prefer the "abuse-filled past" Zombie injected over the whole "spawn of Satan" garbage. Otherwise, you can just cross out the title of this cheesy flick and write over it...

Halloween 2:
2958725336_16f4143780.jpg

The Box Office Turd

Which raises something else, as I was about to comment on Pleasance still being around. Zombie's H2 will likely suck if Loomis is truly written off as dead. His death in H1 was a bit obscured so Hollywood magic could bring him back, but without Loomis around, it'll be Resurrection all over again probably.

:confused: --> Donald Henry Pleasence: 5 October 1919 – 2 February 1995 R.I.P.

I know Pleasance is dead, I was going to make comments about had he still been around and cut myself short, too short, because I remembered Loomis' fate in RZ's film.

Check this out:

h2operation.jpg

The picture shows actress Scout Taylor-Compton, who has returned as Laurie Strode in Halloween 2, lying on the operating table after her run-in with Michael Myers, played by Tyler Mane, at the end of 2007’s Halloween.

I wonder if this means Zombie's taking the Carpenter concept and making part 2 more of the night HE came home.

As long as it's equal to the first theatrical cut or better, I'll be fine. If it goes the direction of the director's cut of the first I'll be jaded.

Back