Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to dig up an old thred but I have a question. I let my friend borrow my copy of RE5: GE and he liked the game enough that he plans to buy a copy himself, my question is since he has the GE allready downloaded to his PS3, if he picked up the standad edition of RE5, would it still have all of GE's extras or would he still have to download all extras from PSN?

Sorry to dig up an old thred but I have a question. I let my friend borrow my copy of RE5: GE and he liked the game enough that he plans to buy a copy himself, my question is since he has the GE allready downloaded to his PS3, if he picked up the standad edition of RE5, would it still have all of GE's extras or would he still have to download all extras from PSN?

It's my understanding that all the GE extra stuff came on the disc for PS3. So if he doesn't have them already downloaded he will have to do so for the regular version.

Heads up to people who don't have the DLC yet, the Untold Stories bundle is half off in the PSN Store.

I now feel like a shmuck for paying $12.49 for what amounted to about 2 hours of new content. All this Capcom DLC always get marked down half off after 6 months. I bought Marvel vs Capcom 2, SF2THD and the RE5 DLC right after it came out, now it's all half off. NEVER AGAIN, CAPCOM!! NEVER AGAIN am I buying your DLC for full price.

I'm still waiting for PC version :pray: when Resident evil 6 come out I'm gonna buy a game console I don't want to wait a year-long for PC version.

Heads up to people who don't have the DLC yet, the Untold Stories bundle is half off in the PSN Store.

I now feel like a shmuck for paying $12.49 for what amounted to about 2 hours of new content. All this Capcom DLC always get marked down half off after 6 months. I bought Marvel vs Capcom 2, SF2THD and the RE5 DLC right after it came out, now it's all half off. NEVER AGAIN, CAPCOM!! NEVER AGAIN am I buying your DLC for full price.

Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded it from the psn store. wanted it for a while but didnt wanna shell out that much cash for a couple of short chapters. Thanks for the heads up. :hi5: Cant wait to play this. I really hope Resident Evil 6 goes back to the more classic survival horror type of game the first few were.

Last edited:
The latest talk is that RE6 will reboot the series.

I would like them to go back and recreat the unreleased games. Would of loved to have played RE1.5 and the original RE4. Though all data is gone from those games, atleast for 1.5, so no chance they can release it without having to completly redoing them.

Of course they would be a "what if" part of the series, as they wouldn't be cannon.

I'm thinking of picking up the Gold Edition on the PS3 so I can play it with the Move. I really thought RE4 was so much better on the Wii due to the motion controls.

I would like them to go back and recreat the unreleased games. Would of loved to have played RE1.5 and the original RE4. Though all data is gone from those games, atleast for 1.5, so no chance they can release it without having to completly redoing them.

Of course they would be a "what if" part of the series, as they wouldn't be cannon.

That'd be cool, I'd love to play em. I would have especially liked to see the explanations behind the goings on in the RE 3.5 version of RE4.

I would like a straight up remake of 1 with the new and improved gameplay + the ability to walk and shoot all wrapped in todays pretty graphics and sound.

I just picked up PS3 last weekend and Mafia II and am looking at Resident Evil 5 or Gold Edition which one is better guys? Thats the one I want to buy... Thanks...

Back