Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Desperate Escape pack includes Josh and Rebecca as playable characters in Mercenaries. What happened to Barry?? Didn't he have a figurine in the game, or was that just a tease??

The Desperate Escape pack includes Josh and Rebecca as playable characters in Mercenaries. What happened to Barry?? Didn't he have a figurine in the game, or was that just a tease??

Barry comes with the Lost in Nightmares pack that came out a few weeks ago.

Finally had a chance to play Desperate Escape this weekend, and it's far superior to the Lost in Nightmares DLC, IMO. I don't mind the puzzle aspect of Lost in Nightmares, but it seemed like Capcom put a lot more time and effort in Desperate Escape vs. Lost in Nightmares. Lost in Nightmares uses the same flashback cutscenes that were featured in Resident Evil 5, but while Desperate Escape uses some of the cut scenes from RE5 to "frame" the episode, there are a few new interesting cut scenes as well. It seems that Desperate Escape is longer than Lost in Nightmares (though it may be just my imagination). Additionally, it seemed to me that the graphics in Desperate Escape are better than in Lost in Nightmares; when I initially played Lost In Nightmares, I chalked it up to being DLC. I thought that to make the size of the DLC manageable, Capcom had to cut some corners graphic-wise.

Overall, the DLC for RE5 was really enjoyable. Even though I have the collector's edition of RE5 and have downloaded both episodes, I'm a little tempted to buy the hard copy version of RE5: Gold Edition. It'll be interesting to see if the new episodes are integrated into the body of the game sequentially. And the cover art is pretty awesome as well:

2rqzsja.jpg

While RE5 wasn't as great as it could be (Dead Space is the superior survival horror game), it still reminded me how much I loved the RE series. I can't wait for RE6.

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to play Desperate Escape this weekend, and it's far superior to the Lost in Nightmares DLC, IMO. I don't mind the puzzle aspect of Lost in Nightmares, but it seemed like Capcom put a lot more time and effort in Desperate Escape vs. Lost in Nightmares. Lost in Nightmares uses the same flashback cutscenes that were featured in Resident Evil 5, but while Desperate Escape uses some of the cut scenes from RE5 to "frame" the episode, there are a few new interesting cut scenes as well. It seems that Desperate Escape is longer than Lost in Nightmares (though it may be just my imagination). Additionally, it seemed to me that the graphics in Desperate Escape are better than in Lost in Nightmares; when I initially played Lost In Nightmares, I chalked it up to being DLC. I thought that to make the size of the DLC manageable, Capcom had to cut some corners graphic-wise.

Overall, the DLC for RE5 was really enjoyable. Even though I have the collector's edition of RE5 and have downloaded both episodes, I'm a little tempted to by the hard copy version of RE5: Gold Edition. It'll be interesting to see if the new episodes are integrated into the body of the game sequentially. And the cover art is pretty awesome as well:

2rqzsja.jpg

While RE5 wasn't as great as it could be (Dead Space is the superior survival horror game), it still reminded me how much I loved the RE series. I can't wait for RE6.

Agreed 100% on that. Still a great game though and a worth sequel to the RE franchise imo. I love the cover art on the GE.

OK i downloaded the content from the xbox marketplace but i cant access it. What am i doing wrong here. I have the game disc and everything.:confused::confused:

No mate I don't think so. Have you found the extra stuff in the game menus or?

I downloaded it earlier and i cant find it anywhere. I had to repurchase the game because i sold it months ago and since then got a new xbox as well so i dont have any of my saved stuff. So im at a loss here. :confused:

I don't think that should of made a difference, as long as you have the game disc. After you downloaded it, and put on the game, I believe at the title screen or right after you push start, it should show quickly what you have downloaded and the extra contents. Did it do that?

Question for those who have the Gold Edition. I have the regular edition and have unlocked all Merc stages and upgraded all weapons etc, will I have to go back and re-unlock everything on the Gold Edition?

Question for those who have the Gold Edition. I have the regular edition and have unlocked all Merc stages and upgraded all weapons etc, will I have to go back and re-unlock everything on the Gold Edition?

i don't own the gold edition but I'm pretty sure the xbox version of the game just comes with a code to download the new content for free off live, so you wouldn't have to re-unlock anything. PS3 version I'm not sure. I doubt you would though

Rebecca is a beast in merc mode. I got 90,000 on my first run with her in the village. Pretty good score for me.

Question for those who have RE 5 : Gold Edition X360, can you just play LiN & DE or have to unlock them by beating veteran story mode or mercs?

Back