Resident Evil 4 Confirmed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll check this out when its on sale at bestbuy for $3.99. Thats what I did for the other 3 films.

They are most definitely THAT bad. :lol

Take a story that was initially about an evil corporation's horrible experiments, set in a creepy mansion with a lot of scary stuff going down, suspense, great characters, plot twists, villains and a great ending...

Not to mention the epic sequels and other stories of the classic franchise....And then just throw all of that away...

And instead... make a movie about some super chick who was NEVER in the games, make the corporation a lame shadow of what it is in the games, make the characters paper thin and forgettable, add in a bunch of crazy (not scary in the slightest) stuff that has nothing absolutely to do with the game franchise... and you have Resident Evil the movie.

And then make 2 sequels that only barely touch the games, but only at first...before spinning off into lala land for the third film. And you have a crap ass franchise that should have been aborted before the first frame was ever shot.

I love Milla, don't get me wrong. And I am all for strong female characters in film. But these movies insult true Resident Evil fans, and most of all...they insult intelligent people all over the world with their inept storytelling and horrendous plots. :banghead

That sounds cool! At least someone attempted to keep it true to the roots. And Romero at that! :rock:rock:rock

The game, even JUST the first one... trumps ALL of the RE movies combined.

They are most definitely THAT bad. :lol

Take a story that was initially about an evil corporation's horrible experiments, set in a creepy mansion with a lot of scary stuff going down, suspense, great characters, plot twists, villains and a great ending...

Not to mention the epic sequels and other stories of the classic franchise....And then just throw all of that away...

And instead... make a movie about some super chick who was NEVER in the games, make the corporation a lame shadow of what it is in the games, make the characters paper thin and forgettable, add in a bunch of crazy (not scary in the slightest) stuff that has nothing absolutely to do with the game franchise... and you have Resident Evil the movie.

And then make 2 sequels that only barely touch the games, but only at first...before spinning off into lala land for the third film. And you have a crap ass franchise that should have been aborted before the first frame was ever shot.

I love Milla, don't get me wrong. And I am all for strong female characters in film. But these movies insult true Resident Evil fans, and most of all...they insult intelligent people all over the world with their inept storytelling and horrendous plots. :banghead

WOW. I just liked the zombies :lol :lol

these are a guilty pleasure of mine i must admit. do they portray the RE video games? no not at all but i still enjoy them for what they are. i won't pay full price for them on DVD/Bluray but i'll buy them.

watch the first one at the end right where she falls off the table in slo-mo...where she is alone in the room in the white hospital gown...i promise you won't regret it. :D

WOW. I just liked the zombies :lol :lol

It's ok... I wasn't blasting you, just the movies. I was a HUGE RE fan, and this series is like watching my one of my favorite properties being gang raped... :lol

I love Zombies as well, but I didn't even like it as a zombie movie. It failed on that front too.

:monkey2:monkey2 I cant help it. they are fun for me. But i never was into the game so i dont have anything to compare it to.But, love the guns and fighting and yes the less the superior zombies. (than Romeros) :lol

you know, if these weren't resident evil films, I'd enjoy them for their crappyness. And for free on cable or for a rainy day rental, but the fact that they're even remotely associated with the RE series is what makes them utter failures on multiple fronts. As a zombie movie, it lacked the sense of dread and atmosphere that makes or breaks a zombie film, as an RE film, it lacked the latter as well as plot, character development and a disdain for its source material. This is what ALWAYS ends up being the downfall of videogame films. I can't think of a single one that is anything more than mindless entertainment and fan-f$%king weekend money-makers.

Take a clue and REBOOT, now. I'd be open minded about it.

it took me forever to watch the third one, then when i finally did i was wondering "why does alice have powers? where the hell did claire come from? what happen to jill?"

basically i thought the first one did a ok job introducing RE to people that never played the game. the second was a better attempt at pleasing the real RE fans with characters that we know. but then the third was was just horrid for all the reasons that DarkArtist mention, it was like a complete slap in the face of RE fans and i really wish if there ever was another RE film made...that we would get a director or whoever the decision makers are that make films, give it justice

RE: Degeneration was better than the live action films

Milla just confirmed that she is indeed attached to the fourth RE movie, titled Resident Evil: Afterlife:

"We're going to start shooting at the end of the year."

It's hard to hear exactly what Jovovich was asked to prompt that response. (Though the minute of footage of her droning on and on about her child? We can here that just fine.)

A paprazzi follows up Jovovich's reply by asking, "Which one is this?" Gesturing, Jovovich said, "Four."

One insider reports that Jovovich confirmed to him directly that she has signed on to do Resident Evil: Afterlife and filming will start at the end of the year.

https://kotaku.com/5306732/milla-jovovich-confirms-number-four

Ugh. These films are an abomination to the games. I hope they quickly get this shot, finished up and the franchise ready for reboot that begins the same way the game begins and follows that storyline soon.

C'mon guys... Jonovich in whorish outfits = win for fanboys!

I never watch those movies for the story. Meh... I don't care.

So.... yeah... how about that Pronger signing?

I know, they overpaid for him. Crazy stuff.

I HATE Paul WS Andrson with a passion. The man has ruined may favorite VG franchise. He doesn't grasp the concept that RE is survival horror and not The Matrix with zombies. I also hate how they TRIED to make Milla Jovovich's character cooler than Jill in RE: Apocalypse as well as how short the Nemesis was. I've only seen part of RE3 but why does the Tyrant have Force Powers? Also what the hell was with Nicholai being a good guy in RE: Apocalypse and Carlos being in his 40s? In the RE3 (game) Nicolai is the second main villian and Carlos is younger than Jill. I can go on and on why these movies fail off course this is just the rambling a total fanboy of the games talking so pay no attention to me.

Back