Refund by HANOUMAN interest thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys heres a good rule I've started living by after I dunno 10 customizers or so have screwed me over.

After I send money for something I let the artist know that I'm happy to give him as long as it takes to get the project done but that every 60 days I will get a refund for the money I sent him and then send it again as a differant transaction if it isn't ready.

So if 60 days goes by and my head or w/e isn't ready I get a refund of my money I sent, then under a brand new transaction I send the same amount back. Now this can be inconvenient if the artist doesn't have money in paypal, they take it from his bank account, but it guarentees you won't end up screwed because your under the time limit for protection from paypal. I also almost always pay from my credit card because then they will cover me too. If it's still not rdy after another 60 days, just do it again as long as your willing to keep waiting.

It also teaches the artist not to take on too much work at once or their bank account risks being overdrawn. Or they learn to keep your money in the paypal account like a deposit, it's the money they want where they want it but I am still in control of it.

Not a bad idea in general (though I'm not sure it would work for all custom artists, some would balk and you would probably be unable to buy from them at all), but I thought Paypal's period for protection was 45 days, not 60.

Honestly if they balk they aren't worth it or it's obvious they are trying to scam you or busier then they are leading on, plenty of talented folks here.

Don't ever feel like your trapped by an artist. THey are regular people that get way too much praise on a site like this, as if they were some sort of superhumans. Some of the most talented people in the hobby are here imo, Nathan, Trevor, but I will never be at anyone's mercy for my money again, I don't care who or what they do.

The rest of you people need to adopt this attitude and this ____ will stop. If everyone had refuneded themselves before the time was up imagine how differantly Howes, Dark Artist etc would have played out, they'd have nothing and be at our mercy. Theyd be the ones starting this thread asking how they can make it right. It's how it should and needs to be. Stop with what ifs, grow a pair and tell them your terms. Your the reason they can keep doing what they love. You have the money, you have the options, you have the control.

Last edited:
Deckard has a NICE and EXACT point...i am going to start adopting this....very good control set in place to NOT lose your money...

on another note...anything on getting Hano's address so that when we are ready with the paperwork/legal documents, he can served to his address?

Deckard has a NICE and EXACT point...i am going to start adopting this....very good control set in place to NOT lose your money...

on another note...anything on getting Hano's address so that when we are ready with the paperwork/legal documents, he can served to his address?

I have his address.

Eric

Just checked my Paypal history and I sent Sebastien Labro $50 on Feb 3 2012 for the Arkham Joker Head...Good thing I didn't send him the $500 he was asking for a commissioned head!

Guys heres a good rule I've started living by after I dunno 10 customizers or so have screwed me over.

After I send money for something I let the artist know that I'm happy to give him as long as it takes to get the project done but that every 60 days I will get a refund for the money I sent him and then send it again as a differant transaction if it isn't ready.

So if 60 days goes by and my head or w/e isn't ready I get a refund of my money I sent, then under a brand new transaction I send the same amount back. Now this can be inconvenient if the artist doesn't have money in paypal, they take it from his bank account, but it guarentees you won't end up screwed because your under the time limit for protection from paypal. I also almost always pay from my credit card because then they will cover me too. If it's still not rdy after another 60 days, just do it again as long as your willing to keep waiting.

It also teaches the artist not to take on too much work at once or their bank account risks being overdrawn. Or they learn to keep your money in the paypal account like a deposit, it's the money they want where they want it but I am still in control of it.

That is a really smart idea actually. Custom artists are supposed to have things ready before taking money. And only take deposits to cover the initial costs of casting. Obviously that doesn't always work out, but your idea might be a new way to go about things.

And one option I thought of today, does anybody know what company Hano works for? I know in one of his threads he showed a piece he was working on for his 'day job.' It was one of those minature game pieces. So its possible we could get to him through his employer. At the very least, some heat on his real job might get things going again. :dunno

But if we could find out what company he has worked for, we might be able to get a message through to him that way. If we tell the company(s) he has done work for what he's been doing, they might not be so keen on hiring him again. If we can't get our stuff, we can maybe at least keep him from getting future work. :dunno

Yeah that is a good point although I don't know that information at all.
I know his previous employee was Rakham or somehting like this.

So did anyone already put a list of all the people who got screwed together?

I will have lunch with a friend who is a lawyer on Monday to check for our opportunities and present them by Monday evening to the boards.

Please! Whoever has Hanoumans address, send it to me! Thanks!

I will have lunch with a friend who is a lawyer on Monday to check for our opportunities and present them by Monday evening to the boards.

I can't find it but Eric (MistertoyNYC) has it.

I paid $65 for the Afro Samurai headsculpt and haven't heard from him since February.

I was trying to get everybody to post the info on what and how much they were screwed out of so we could add it all up. Quite a few have responded in here with the info.

Sad to see another artist go off the rails The better artists wait till the product (head) is complete before taking funds. I've got burned in the past and am more wary now. Paypal should adopt a clause when items are preordered etc and waive the expiration clause to file a claim.

Wow! I can't believe it happened again :(

Les a while back ripped me off for a Joker sculpt and I've been shy to pull the trigger ever since on any custom jobs, stories like this only make me more worried.

Back