Refund by HANOUMAN interest thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I can't believe it happened again :(

Les a while back ripped me off for a Joker sculpt and I've been shy to pull the trigger ever since on any custom jobs, stories like this only make me more worried.

Well, I've kinda been the same way myself. I really did trust in Hanouman as he'd established a good rep on here at the time this project was happening but still, decided not to pay more than the $25 deposit.

I encourage everybody on here to start trying to contact Hanouman through his blog, email, other boards, etc. He needs to know we haven't forgotten about this and we don't plan on just "traking a loss" on this.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&outpu....,cf.osb&fp=cd42049d4e82fac7&biw=1440&bih=792

if there's any other info you guys feel needs to be added to the first post in the thread, let me know & I'll update.

It's kinda funny. This pic that he uses was the Oddball headsculpt he had made for me. Sadly, I never got it. Fortunately, I never sent him money for it.

72549-pl.jpg

Man, this sucks, Hope you guys get your money back.
A year or two back I was talking with him about doing a series of MGS headsculpts based on the artwork of Shinkawa, but he just dropped comms with me and I had some issues going on so the project went dead. Thankfully it did, because I may have gotten screwed out of a lot of cash and besides Amnur is great, I'm glad he's doing the sculpts now.

It's kinda funny. This pic that he uses was the Oddball headsculpt he had made for me. Sadly, I never got it. Fortunately, I never sent him money for it.

72549-pl.jpg

really sucks because he's got talent, it's just sad he became another failed artist in the 1/6th world. it's so hard to trust people with your money these days. but who knew he would do this, because he started off so well. i guess all the failed artist start off this way. i hope everyone gets their money back. this is even a long shot maybe he'll release the head after the papers are served to him.

Him and I are friends on Facebook. I just sent him a friendly message. Let's see if he responds.

Eric

He still pretty active on there?

My hats off to you for being able to send a friendly message to him at this point.

Man, this sucks, Hope you guys get your money back.
A year or two back I was talking with him about doing a series of MGS headsculpts based on the artwork of Shinkawa, but he just dropped comms with me and I had some issues going on so the project went dead. Thankfully it did, because I may have gotten screwed out of a lot of cash and besides Amnur is great, I'm glad he's doing the sculpts now.

:lecture Amnur is the man! His stuff is crazy good! Just check out the uncharted head he did! He will do this piece justice!

He still pretty active on there?

My hats off to you for being able to send a friendly message to him at this point.

Well, I would imagine he'd be more likely to respond to a friendly message than one saying, "Hey, WTF is wrong with you??!!!"

Eric

:lecture Amnur is the man! His stuff is crazy good! Just check out the uncharted head he did! He will do this piece justice!

Oh I know man, I have both of his Guts sculpts from Bezerk, they are amazing, pictures do not do them justice.

Any more info on other stuff he owes? Sounds like it's already up to several thousand.

Honestly if they balk they aren't worth it or it's obvious they are trying to scam you or busier then they are leading on, plenty of talented folks here.

Don't ever feel like your trapped by an artist. THey are regular people that get way too much praise on a site like this, as if they were some sort of superhumans. Some of the most talented people in the hobby are here imo, Nathan, Trevor, but I will never be at anyone's mercy for my money again, I don't care who or what they do.

The rest of you people need to adopt this attitude and this ____ will stop. If everyone had refuneded themselves before the time was up imagine how differantly Howes, Dark Artist etc would have played out, they'd have nothing and be at our mercy. Theyd be the ones starting this thread asking how they can make it right. It's how it should and needs to be. Stop with what ifs, grow a pair and tell them your terms. Your the reason they can keep doing what they love. You have the money, you have the options, you have the control.
I agree with your point in a general sense. But you are right in that collectors would have to band together, and that's not easy to get done for a number of reasons (problem of collective action being one of them, a lack of healthy skepticism or negative past experiences another). As such, customizers still have a lot of power to decide when they get paid in relation to when they ship. I'll say that whenever I order, even from fairly established guys or teams of custom artists, I pay with a credit card, and thus cover myself if something needs to be resolved after 45 days. For example, Iminime is taking a couple months to get figures done apparently, and though they seem completely legit, I've been hosed by Dark Artist myself and am not interested in going through that again. Even those with the best intentions sometimes end up leaving us hanging for one reason or another. Buyer beware.

Back