Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The substantial price increase may be due to higher quality paints and QC. Maybe they had a meeting to address the problems and decided sure we can resolve these issues but we'll need to charge more to cover the added expense. That's what I'm hoping anyway. Any flaws or issues at all with this piece and it will be going straight back for a refund

I might believe that if $550 was not getting close to the regular PF price now.

Wolverine Looks amazing. Paint looks stellar. I think it can be done.

Nobody is disputing that statues can be better painted. Of course it can be done. Just SS seems to have it pegged pretty low on the give-a-**** scale.

Nobody is disputing that statues can be better painted. Of course it can be done. Just SS seems to have it pegged pretty low on the give-a-**** scale.

It certainly hasn't been on their to do list for a number of years. I am just saying that Wolverine is an example that they can turn out a high quality piece without many flaws. I hope they are making it more of a priority than before and only time will tell. This piece specifically will either elevate a lot of peoples confidence in SS or deflate them.

I'm certain that the large cost has to do with the base. Don't think they care much about weight and ****. I mean some pieces weight much less than others, despite being smaller or whatever.

I may grab this actually, as the base would fit pretty well with the Witcher series.

It certainly hasn't been on their to do list for a number of years. I am just saying that Wolverine is an example that they can turn out a high quality piece without many flaws. I hope they are making it more of a priority than before and only time will tell. This piece specifically will either elevate a lot of peoples confidence in SS or deflate them.

Every once in a while there is a good or even great one and often people seem to hail it as some turn around for them. Never has been :|

At least with SS you can send the item back if you're not 100% satisfied. It's dissapointing if you're looking forward to receiving that item for some time, but it's something.

That's what happened to my Winter Soldier Cap. :wave

Helllboy as well. The actual product is the same with the promo shots. :)

At least with SS you can send the item back if you're not 100% satisfied. It's dissapointing if you're looking forward to receiving that item for some time, but it's something.

That's what happened to my Winter Soldier Cap. :wave

You can, but what they are considering a defect now is getting pretty ****** so you'll have to pay for shipping twice (shipping to you and return shipping) which means you're gonna be out a fair bit of money. Not really a valid strategy to do anymore, and if they haven't shipped yours and you've seen inhand pics and they suck and you cancel you're out your NRD.

Whenever I've returned a statue they've given me a refund on the shipping and a pre-paid label to return it with. Haven't been out one cent.

If it's broken or something yes but if they did a poor job and they don't agree you're out your shipping. For example the last predator LSB. I was extremely disappointed with it, of course it looked nothing like the proto and the damage mark was literally just a traced circle with some squiggly lines. I had to complain a lot before they would let me return it for a full refund and the said it was a "one-time" courtesy.

Same for the predator 2 maquette, here's some great quotes about them:

"With each of these statues being hand-crafted they will have slight variations from piece to piece, and this varied gap size is considered to be completely normal."

"although this is the intended final design as you will not see the gap from the front display point of this Maquette. "

Yup, and it was an 8mm ****ing gap btw. You can fit over 80 sheets of paper in there (I did this because their first email said "it should be enough to split a piece of paper through) and I took 55 sheets (all I had) and was able to fit in the gap with room to spare.

Gamble at your own risk, some day you may be out a hundred bucks.

edit: and yes they did for ****ing real say *oh it's perfectly fine because you're only supposed to look at it from the front*.

Strange. I received the Winter Soldier Cap PF and sent an e-mail basically stating that it was a poor paint job and I was unimpressed by the final product. No hassle return, full refund including shipping. Also returned the recent Thor PF because I told them I didn't like that the base had to be balanced out by the after-thought piece they included and that there was a gap in the shoulder. Same thing. No hassle return, full refund including shipping. They gave me shipping labels for both returns as well.

:dunno

I'm sorry to hear that your experiences have been so poor.

I've had some issues here and there but SS has always helped me and taken care of me. No hassles on a few things I've returned as well.

Strange. I received the Winter Soldier Cap PF and sent an e-mail basically stating that it was a poor paint job and I was unimpressed by the final product. No hassle return, full refund including shipping. Also returned the recent Thor PF because I told them I didn't like that the base had to be balanced out by the after-thought piece they included and that there was a gap in the shoulder. Same thing. No hassle return, full refund including shipping. They gave me shipping labels for both returns as well.

:dunno

I'm sorry to hear that your experiences have been so poor.

I didn't have too much in the past either (well I suppose I only returned one, the Isaac Clarke which was a travesty of epic proportions). Or maybe it's just cause they're predator products and more people just live with them cause they don't got nothing else so less complaints ;p who knows. They were different support people too, actually the first one with the pred bust I talked to like 3 or 4 different people. I feel like they'll be more "v0v" in the future though.

I preordered this cause I really like it (though I waited for $20 off course). Normally I wouldn't anymore with SS cause they make so many you can just get it later cheaper anyways but I actually quite like the EX. However this is not because I have faith they are going to do it well. Actually I'm pretty sure they're gonna suck at it, but I have someone to paint it for me already.

edit: wait nvmd I returned my alien big chap lsb bust as well, though it also had damage issues so I can't really say if the **** job they did with it was enough to get them to give me a label too, though I imagine so as enough people bitched about that one.

Back